any plus size mummies to be?

Awww, she's so cute Molly, makes me wanna share a picture of my little lady but I don't have one on the computer I'm on right now.

So many babies being born and so many of you ladies are close to meeting you LOs.
How exciting :happydance:

I have PCOS too and wonder if I will have any issues and I really really hope not, mine have grown a bit but not a lot but I know that doesn't really matter. I've decided to be optimistic and if it doesn't work I know he will be okay but I'll try as hard as I can for sure.

With the weight loss and my belly getting so big... I think my boobs have actually shrank (at least they look like it). :D

With the weight loss and my belly getting so big... I think my boobs have actually shrank (at least they look like it). :D

LOL, well small boobs can still produce! I was only a large A or barely B prepregnancy even though I'm a big girl, and now I'm just a solid B. But I know lots of girls who are very successful at breastfeeding with small breasts.

I've heard it's easier with small breasts. I'm pretty sure I'll just suffocate the baby ;)

I totally worry about suffocating him. My boos cover his whole body when I do the football hold. It's really difficult to breast feed with these big boobs, I wish they were smaller.

I actually made a huge mistake the other day and I watched a movie called "The Other Woman" - with Natalie Portman. She basically lost a newborn while she was feeding it. She fell asleep in bed with the baby suckling and when she woke up the baby was dead and she thought she smothered it.

Now I can't stop thinking about it.... DAMN YOU MOVIE!

I actually made a huge mistake the other day and I watched a movie called "The Other Woman" - with Natalie Portman. She basically lost a newborn while she was feeding it. She fell asleep in bed with the baby suckling and when she woke up the baby was dead and she thought she smothered it.

Now I can't stop thinking about it.... DAMN YOU MOVIE!

Oh don't you hate that! I guess I won't have to worry about that, but I do worry about falling asleep while feeding. I'm thinking about taking a breastfeeding class, anyone else take one??

The lactation consultants are supposed to be really good at our hospital. If they weren't, I'd definitely consider a class.

I saw consultants in the hospital but baby was in Nicu so we didn't get to try a lot. I Have an appointment with one Friday but I think I'm going to take the class also. We've been trying for two weeks since being home and are not really good at it.

I've heard our lactation consultants are good as well but I think I'll take the class.

Swtpinkbabi I hope you get some good advice so it gets easier for you. Are you doing well otherwise?

Aww, I hope you get the hang of it. I hear the first few weeks are the hardest.

Dini, I'm doing well actually. I never updated on my two week postpartum appointment, but after having the baby I lost 20 pounds. I couldn't believe it, because I only gained 2 pounds during pregnancy. I'm hoping I can manage to keep it off since I haven't weighed this in two years. I only have minor pains left from my c-section and it's still very numb on my lower tummy. My incision is healing nicely though.
How are you feeling?

Mrs Chicago, the first two weeks were ok, mainly because the first week I was mostly pumping because we were still in hospital. Second week I still pumped a lot and breastfed using a nipple shield. This week has been pretty horrible because I'm trying to wean him off the shield and to keep my supply up and he's seems to have hit a growth spurt and wants to constantly nurse, but then he falls asleep at the breast and never quite finishes a feed. It's very stressful because he's starting not to want to stay sleeping in his bed and wants to sleep on me. Dh thinks he's getting spoiled already, but the lactation professionals say to get plenty of skin to skin time. I just wish he would stay sleeping at night for at least 3-4 hours.

I hope things get better soon and he gets the hang of things. It's impossible to spoil a 3 week old, their brains aren't developed enough for spoiling. It's only natural that he'd want to be with his mama all the time. Where else would a tiny baby want to be??

Awe Sweet, I do hope things balance out. I have no advice since I will be a first timer in this arena shortly... :( Good luck though and keep us posted, perhaps you'll have some tips for the rest of us. :)

I had 2 doctor appointments today... ugh... have to see my OB and my MFM doctor all the time now. My blood pressure is still good... was 129/72 at my MFM appointment and no signs of the dreaded pre-eclampsia yet. Its like Voldemort, that which must not be named! Baby is great! Moving and shakin and driving us nuts. I got hooked up to the heart rate/contraction monitor for 20 minutes for the first time today. I'M ALREADY HAVE CONTRACTIONS! I was shocked when she told me that. She said a couple of them were like a minute long... I didn't realize it was possible to have contractions and not even know it. Baby's heart rate was good and was so funny to hear him kicking the paddles that they had strapped to my belly.

I'm so nervous about labor and signs of it and knowing when its time to go to the hospital. I need to get my hospital bag packed and stuff... haven't done any of that. I feel so unprepared for labor... lol.

Did she say they were real contractions? I've heard you can have Braxton Hicks and not feel them. Yikes, I hope it doesn't mean early labor for you.

I would pack my bags if I were you. The night before my last ultrasound I was telling DH, he needs to start putting something in the bag. When I had baby, we didn't have bags packed or even the car seat installed. We were so unprepared and never expected an early baby.

She acted like they are perfectly normal and nothing to worry about. She said everything was "beautiful". They weren't like happening in any sort of pattern or able to be timed but she said there were some little ones on there...

Interesting. I'm glad she didn't think it was anything to worry about. Her description kind of sounds like BH, but you'd think she'd have explained them in that case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->