any plus size mummies to be?

I don't trust the doctors to tell me anything I actually need to know... anything they've really told me I had to ask for. You'd also think they would care that I have hypothyroidism and that they should test me regularly to make sure my numbers are normal...but do they? No... I have to tell them I think you should test my thyroid... their response? Oh, right ok... sure.

If I didn't have this board or the internet I'd be totally in the dark.

That's terrible. I hope if you have more than one you can find a doctor who's on your side next time. Pregnancy is scary enough with a good doctor or midwife.

Finding a good doctor in the US is like playing the lottery. Its very hard to find one (in my experience) that listens, pays attention and really wants to help you... instead of if I can't figure out your problem in 5 minutes I'll throw some antibiotics at you and get you out the door. :)

Lol amythyst you are kinda right about the doctor thing. Mine seem pretty good but I feel like I could get more info without asking. People who don't know what to ask would be lost I feel. They are a really busy practice but some of the midwives are super fast and don't sit for long to chat.

Swt, I'm feeling okay thanks. My pelvis was hurting today after cleaning up heavy patients who don't cooperate. I hope he gets the hang of things soon. At least he is nursing though.

It is difficult. I doubt I would be so happy with my midwives if I wasn't in a huge city with so many options.

Take it easy, Dini. Is there a way to get out of the heavy lifting part of your job?

Not really a way out of it. Most the people I work with are good about it but I need to be better about telling people I can't help them but we are so short staffed right now and it's so hard to do our jobs even with adequate help.

Hi ladies, I just found this thread, is it ok if I join? Only newly pregnant but definitely plus-size this time around (weigh more now than I did the day I delivered my son, now 5 years old).

Congratulations on the pregnancy! I love seeing people in earlier trimesters join, how else will we keep the thread going?

:) Thanks!! I have to confess - had my first bout of nausea yesterday and thought "oh good maybe I won't gain weight this time" - I gained 35 or 40 lbs with my son, finally managed to get it all off, only to put on nearly 50 last year due to extreme stress. :( I had no nausea at all last time, this is a very new experience for me! Can't say as I particularly like it....

We're actually not planning to find out - this may be our last (jury's kind of out on that one) but we want to go for the surprise!! So I love hearing all the different theories on how to guess. :)

Of course, we'd be thrilled with a happy and healthy baby ... but we do kind of want a girl!

Welcome tristansmom! Congrats!! Maybe it is a girl!

Just popping in to say hi. I'm headed to bed with a headache and only had a day off of work and back tomorrow. Ugh I need a break! I'll catch up soon.

Update guys.
Getting induced on Monday, after completing 38 weeks, as I have low amniotic fluid & baby is IUGR. Just hoping that baby is 5 pounds plus.. With our ethnicity, nearly 5.5 to 6 pounds is average weight, so fingers crossed.. Pls pray for me..

Keep us posted! Good luck!

Question: baby showers - when do you typically have them? My friends want to have mine on February 22nd and that's less than 3 weeks from my due date. That seems rather close to me. Especially with my health problems, I'm scared I won't make it that long before they induce me. I'd hate to not even make it to my own shower! :D Don't people usually do them sooner?

Good luck demotivated! Keep us posted!

Amythyst if you feel it's too close try to make it sooner. I'm having mine at 33 weeks so I have time to buy what I didn't get. 3 weeks is a bit close incase you have to deliver early but if you do you can always bring him to your shower!

Amethyst I had my baby shower at 31 weeks. It usually depends on the person though. We wanted to have it then because of the holidays and people needing to do their own shopping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->