any plus size mummies to be?

Amethyst I had my baby shower at 31 weeks. It usually depends on the person though. We wanted to have it then because of the holidays and people needing to do their own shopping.
Thanks guys.. Headed for hospital in a few hours..
On baby shower, I had mine the day 9th month started.. I.e.35 weeks.. Because it was easier for everyone to meet n plan.. N i was feeling great..

I mentioned it to them and I think they agreed to move it up a few weeks. I'm struggling to come up with a guest list though. I feel weird cause I don't have a lot of friends and my best friend lives in Alabama and the other in Ohio (I'm in Virginia). My closest local friends (3 of them) are putting my shower together and other than that, I have acquaintances and people I haven't talked to other than facebook in a long time. Oh and current and old coworkers... is it appropriate to invite just as many people as possible and not care if they think its weird I'm inviting them? I don't want them to think I'm inviting them just to get a gift but more so just to see them and hang out - I don't have much family at all either.

Congrats, Babi!

3 weeks before you're due does seem like cutting it close! I just had mine today at 33+3, and even that felt like it was getting close to my due date, but we wanted to give a little buffer after the holidays.

As for who to invite, it's hard to say. I don't think I'd invite someone who DH and I didn't have at least a mild social relationship with. Like, if we would automatically turn down an invitation to go get a drink, I wouldn't invite them to my shower. Unless we were inviting all coworkers, then of course there might be a couple we were less close to. A few of my mom's friends were invited, too.

Well if I follow that logic, I'll be the only one at my shower.... LOL.

I think just invite whoever and if they come great and if not more food for you lol. Where does your friend live in Ohio? I live there too.

I'm going to work on my guest list tomorrow. I'm so tired I think the fatigue is setting in again. Is that normal around 27 weeks?

LOL Dini, thanks yea I think I'll just invite everybody and their brother and if they wonder why the hell I invited them, they can just not come. :)

And yes, welcome to exhaustion! :) I am tired all the damn time. Going up a flight of stairs wears me out.... I can't even walk around a grocery store for very long before I am beat. I just took a nap earlier this evening for 2 hours and I'm already ready for bed again. :)

Update guys.

So, the induction kind of didn't work for me and ended up having a c-src, but not EMCS.
It barely took 50 mins and I m rather surprised at the ease of things. Got a spinal n dint feel a thing and in 10mins, my blue bump was cuddling next to me.. Born at 6lbs, paed was like..this is not iugr (average birth weight in my country is 5.5 to 7lbs).. He is completely normal.. No NICU stay needed and feeding already started.

Thanks fr the support everyone :)

Congrats, Demotivated! I'm so glad baby is healthy and you're doing well :)

Congrats Demotivated!! What wonderful news!! So happy for you and baby!

I'm so nervous, I have my 1hr Glucose screening in 3 hours and am just worried I won't pass. I have no symptoms of GD, but I'm a decent risk for it, and I know lots of people fail the 1hr and pass the 3 but I don't want to do the 3! I'm also getting my TDaP shot today...fun fun! I so don't want to step on that scale. I feel like I've gained at least 5lbs since I was there 3 weeks ago.

On a good note, I'm going to do my baby registry at Target today, did Babies R Us last weekend. Also hoping to get the trim and baseboards down in babies room this weekend so the room can be ready for his stuff when it comes. I want to get baskets for the closet and cabinets in his room (there are built in cabinets).

Hope you ladies are well!

Good luck, Dini! I managed to pass mine, so there's hope :)

We're struggling to find a paint color we agree on for the nursery. The top 2/3 of the room are painted, but we need something below the chair rail. We agree on teal in theory, but his idea of teal is not lining up with my idea of teal... I think we're both pretty dead set on getting the damn room painted this weekend, so hopefully we can settle on a color soon. His bassinet is here, his crib is ordered (no idea when that's arriving), and we already have his dresser and a rocking chair, so we just need the room and we'll be sort of ready.

Awww, congrats Demotivated, glad you're both okay :hugs:

I haven't been on here for such a long time, welcome to all the new members :D

Hope all you ladies are okay!

Even though I'm a mummy now, I still love this thread, you're all so kind.

:hugs: for you all <3

Oh, and here's my little princess, taken today, just over 1 month old <3

Attachments

• 1911771_747922365315313_404466208294918914_n.jpg
    1911771_747922365315313_404466208294918914_n.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 1
Wow it's been a while. Congratulations to the ladies who hav had their babies!

We have had an absolute shitter of a start to the year. Rohan stopped breathing on the 4th jan and was rushed via ambulance to our local hospital resus where he continued to have repeated apnea episodes. We were told them that he was critical and he was taken to theatre and ventilated. We were then transferred to yorkhill hospital for sick children where Rohan remained on the ventilator for 6 days before he came off. He had to be put on cpap for over a week. At one point they thought they were going to have to ventilate again and the intubation trolley was sat outside his room ready for two days straight and I wasn't allowed to touch him at all for those days either. He finally came off cpap and went into high flow. He came off of that on the 22nd and we were transferred back to our local hospital yesterday. He's still on oxygen but is slowly starting to get bottle feeds again. He had rsv and bronchialitis and another infection that he picked up in there.

We are finally in the home straight now though we hope. He was back to birth weight yesterday (6lb 8oz). I cannot believe that we almost lost our precious little boy and am so so thankful to the people who made sure he got better. Cannot wait to get him home

Oh, that's terrifying! Poor little Rohan! I'm glad he's on the mend, and I hope he's home soon.

Oh hun it was. Iv never cried so much in my life. Can't wait to get him home and away from all these stupid doctors in my local hospital. Wish I'd never asked for a transfer! X

That's wonderful, I'm so glad Rohan is doing much better. Prayers he gets to go home soon.

Crimson it is good to see you and she is just precious!

Sethsmummy I'm so sorry for all your troubles but so glad to hear he is doing better. I hope you get to take him home soon. What an awful thing to have to deal with!!

I still don't know about my glucose test, hoping for results tomorrow. I did find out I'm just a bit anemic which is no shock to me but I'm going to try to add more iron and vitamin c to my diet. Also, I gained 4lbs since my last visit 3 weeks ago according to my scale, making it a total of 20lbs but they had me gaining 7lbs in 3 weeks and a total of 27lbs. I like my numbers better lol. But I think a lot of it is that I've started having swelling in my legs all the time now. I'm trying to limit my sodium and up my water but so far it's not made a difference.

Omg Sethsmummy that is so scary. Big hugs to you and your family. Glad he is starting to get better now xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->