any plus size mummies to be?

Thank you all. He just has to come off oxygen now for us to go home. I think we're going to try him off today. Once he comes off if he does ok then 24 hours later we can go home x

Keep us updated when you can. I hope it all goes well and he's home asap!

He's been off oxygen since about 2pm. He's doing well :) his sats are a tad up and down but they think that's just because he moves around so much x

Take care sethsmummy.. I can understand what pain u r going thru..we ended up having a hospital admit as well.. Apparently my milk isn't doing its job well n baby isn't getting enough of it. In 8 days, he lost 20% of his birth weight n developed dehydration & high jaundice ..we r in hospital now where we r giving him formula feed every 2.5 hrs n then monitoring his progress.
I feel like shit. I just want my baby to b perfectly healthy soon :(

I hope both of your little ones get well and come home soon. Please keep us posted!

Arm, I got my results of my 1 hour glucose test online yesterday and they haven't called so I hope they won't make me do the three hour. Most places count anything under 140 as normal but my office counts it as under 130 and mine was 133. I think I'd like to just monitor my blood sugar for a few weeks and see how that goes.

Also my ankles have been swollen for the last week and I know it's normal but I hate it. I feel like it's too early. My mw didn't seem concerned but I just hope it doesn't get worse. I'm drinking more water and I elavate them at night. Anyone else have that problem?

I hope the little one is home soon, Demotivated. All these poor babies :(

Dini, I bet if they do count that as a fail, you'll pass the 3 hour, with those numbers.

I hope both you all's babies come home soon. Demotivated are you also going to pump breast milk along with the formula?

MrsK do you think they'd call if it was a fail or just wait till my next appt? I think I may just refuse the 3 hour and monitor my sugars if they ask me to do it. The thought of 3 hours sitting in that insane waiting area of the health center they are in just makes me cringe. As well as the thought of 100g of dextrose. The 50 made me nauseated, gave me a headache and made me dizzy.

I don't know, when is your next appointment? My midwife called to say I passed, but they're very communicative in general, and not all offices are.

I would call and ask too... I know in my doctor office, that even if you fail the 1 hour by 1 point, they still count that as a fail and make you take the 3. I was only off by 8 points and when I did the 3 hour I failed miserably.

I had my dual doctor appointments today. Everything is going well and baby is head down face to my back which is good. I'm having contractions already but I don't feel them at all. I am now working from home 5 days a week cause I work over 50 miles from where we live and I refused to make that commute this far along. Luckily I have an awesome job.

Dini, that sucks you're having the swelling... does it ever go down or is it constant? I was only having issues with my feet swelling when I was making the commute to work. As soon as I was home for a few days, they would go back to normal.

I can't believe I only have 6 more weeks... I'm so nervous about when labor will happen and where I will be and if it will go smoothly....eeps!

I'm glad you're able to work from home, I can't imagine making that commute right now.

It's getting so close, isn't it? I'm going to Mommy Con at 38+2 and really hoping I don't have to cancel.

My next appt is February 4th. I would think if they were concerned they would have called. But I bet you are right and they make me take the three hour. Guess we will find out! As far as the swelling, it's constant but when I get up its not bad and barely noticeable. However a few hours into the day I notice it a lot more. Today wasn't so bad but I drank a ton of water and took a warm bath which is supposed to help. It's not uncomfortable just annoying.

That's great you can work from home! 50 miles is a bit of a commute this far along!

As long as your blood pressure is good and no other symptoms, it probably is just normal pregnancy swelling. :) Well, here's hoping you don't have to take the 3 hour... but its not so bad if you bring an ipad or something and watch movies while you wait. That's what I did. :)

Yea, I take a commuter train to work into Washington, DC. A bit of walking involved and the train ride is 1 hour. I just did it for the last time yesterday and I'm so relieved. Like I said for some strange reason it makes my feet swell and by the end of the day I'm just exhausted.

Yea, it is getting close... I keep thinking I should take some tours of the hospital and stuff but I never remember to do it or their tour days are just bad timing.

Take care sethsmummy.. I can understand what pain u r going thru..we ended up having a hospital admit as well.. Apparently my milk isn't doing its job well n baby isn't getting enough of it. In 8 days, he lost 20% of his birth weight n developed dehydration & high jaundice ..we r in hospital now where we r giving him formula feed every 2.5 hrs n then monitoring his progress.
I feel like shit. I just want my baby to b perfectly healthy soon :(

:hugs: :hugs:

aww hun im sorry your in hospital. how us baby doing?? is the formula helping? Think positive thoughts... if my baby van pull through all hes been through yours can too :hugs:

ladies we are home :) we got home on tuesday. im terrified every time hes sicks up milk or if he gags :( iv added a couple pics of his journey. theres more in my journal. xx

Attachments

• 10933953_10153069279625329_7279913064102510769_n.jpg
    10933953_10153069279625329_7279913064102510769_n.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 6
  • 10921798_10153063985465329_747184293_n.jpg
    10921798_10153063985465329_747184293_n.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 6
  • 10913725_10153077206370329_743920103_n.jpg
    10913725_10153077206370329_743920103_n.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 10922452_10153069625575329_4387879410088498126_n.jpg
    10922452_10153069625575329_4387879410088498126_n.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 6
  • 10950047_10153104382555329_725121244_n.jpg
    10950047_10153104382555329_725121244_n.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 6
thanks hun me too. I've just started a just-giving page for the hospital charity but awaiting confirmation if im allowed to post the link or not x

Aww, what a strong little guy! So glad you are all back home. Hope he continues to get stronger for you!

Afm, well the Dr's office finally called and left a message, they want to schedule me for the three hour test ;( I'm going to call Monday and see if I can just come by and pick up the order and come take it or I can do it after my appt on Wednesday. Although I'm really hoping to talk them into letting me monitor my sugars between my next appts and go from there. My swelling is better but I haven't worked in a week because I had some days off and the last two I stayed home because I wasn't feeling well and my back was hurting so bad after an adjustment at the chiropractor. The chiro said I'd be in more pain for a day or two before it got better due to inflammation, and she wasn't kidding! Today it's better though. I've been really drinking the water and in two days managed to lose a pound even though I changed nothing in my diet. I think it was all fluid.

My carpal tunnel turns out to be something called double crush syndrome that actually starts in my neck, so the chiro thinks she can fix it, and the hip pain and numbness I'm having is probably from piriformis syndrome which I likely had prior to pregnancy but got worse of course with the pregnancy. She found several spasming locked up muscles along the left side of my back and neck and "unlocked" them and did some adjustments so the pain was intense for about 2 days. Only thing I could do was ice it. Today it's much better so hopefully it will improve my function and pain over the next few treatments. She said I was a "hot mess" but I can blame my job for most of it.

Baby seems to be fine as far as I can tell but his movements have been less noticeable for the last 4 days. I think maybe he turned to face my back again and since my placenta is anterior I don't feel as much. I do however feel lots of cervix poking!

As long as your blood pressure is good and no other symptoms, it probably is just normal pregnancy swelling. :) Well, here's hoping you don't have to take the 3 hour... but its not so bad if you bring an ipad or something and watch movies while you wait. That's what I did. :)

Yea, I take a commuter train to work into Washington, DC. A bit of walking involved and the train ride is 1 hour. I just did it for the last time yesterday and I'm so relieved. Like I said for some strange reason it makes my feet swell and by the end of the day I'm just exhausted.

Yea, it is getting close... I keep thinking I should take some tours of the hospital and stuff but I never remember to do it or their tour days are just bad timing.
Hey. Sorry u have to travel that long: / I'm new to Maryland. Do u like the hospital ur going to? My hubby is in the army and the first hospital was horrible. I go to john Hopkins now. Much better experiences. Especially for being high risk and getting proper help

Hey. Sorry u have to travel that long: / I'm new to Maryland. Do u like the hospital ur going to? My hubby is in the army and the first hospital was horrible. I go to john Hopkins now. Much better experiences. Especially for being high risk and getting proper help

Well welcome to the DC Metro Area... ;) It doesn't get much better than Johns Hopkins, very good place. I will be at Mary Washington Hospital which is also another really good one for our area.

The commute isn't so bad, normally. :) Unfortunately it is the norm in our area because nobody can afford to live where they work. :D The commuter train is very nice and the station is about 10 minutes from our house. My office building is also right behind the train station... so I just take a quick free bus over to my building when I get there.

My husband takes me and picks me up when I go. We did live a lot closer up in Fairfax and I was able to drive myself to work but when it came time for us to buy a house, we just could not afford it up there. When we did searches even at like 500k you were still looking at condos and townhouses. So, we took the trade off from being far from my job to have a nice house that would have been long out of our price range closer to DC.

HI ladies bit of a rubbish week..

I had a migraine last weekend and so on monday called my Midwife to ask what I can take other than paracetamol as I could`nt get rid of the headache. She came to see me at home and discovered I have BP of 160/100 very very high for me. and protein in my urine. I was then rushed to hospital where I stayed for 3 nights before I had gone to sleep the first night BP was back to normal and all levels were perfect..Baby`s movements were reduced so had to stay in for monitoring.

I have to go back tomorrow morning for a growth scan and to meet with my actual consultant not just a doctor in her team.. as she wants to "make a plan of action" what could this mean??

baby has always been growing big always between the 90th and 95th percentile, any ideas what they might want to plan for?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->