any plus size mummies to be?

Mel28nicole you are glowing! Great pics, thanks for sharing!
I still can't wait to get my bump, I haven't popped out yet :/

My bump seems to be growing faster than I thought it would. And I lost another pound since yesterday. This pregnancy is soo much different than with DS. And I am feeling all kinds of little flutters :) Such an active little bean.

Here is a side by side I did of my first belly shot and todays. The first was at 12 weeks. Today I am 14w4d.
10450150_10202426826015261_2865728384344828967_n.jpg

My bump seems to be growing faster than I thought it would. And I lost another pound since yesterday. This pregnancy is soo much different than with DS. And I am feeling all kinds of little flutters :) Such an active little bean.

Here is a side by side I did of my first belly shot and todays. The first was at 12 weeks. Today I am 14w4d.

Adorable!:thumbup:

Thanks Janet!

I feel like I'm already starting to waddle sometimes. I'm gonna have a major penguin waddle by the time I'm done. :haha:

So I gained 8 pounds this month.. Last month was only one but the precious month was 14. I know 14 is not good but I was eating every 2 hours to make myself feel better because I was so sick.... My doctor freaked out basically and said she knows I have gestational diabetes... That I have to do the test on Tuesday. She said she knows it's going to be positive... So I cried... A lot.
I asked her, what if I don't have GD? She said "you do". She also said that I have gained more weight than she would have wanted a woman to gain who was not overweight pre-pregnancy. I know she is supposed to care about the baby. I just don't think I have GD. I lost 70lbs in 2003 and I have kept it off. I know how my body works. And I will admit, I haven't really been trying to not gain weight. Everyone keeps saying "you're growing a human" I guess I need to try to better... I still have 4 months to go!

Wow Beth your Dr is harsh! I really hope you prove her wrong on the GD. There really is no need to upset you like that :(

Ashasmomma you look fab! I already have a huge bump too. One of the ladies at work commented yesterday saying you can really tell it's a baby bump and not just weight which I could have hugged her for :) But it does make me slightly worried about how big I'm going to get this time especially as my dd is still not walking :-/

10450150_10202426826015261_2865728384344828967_n.jpg

wow!! Just browsing through here and had to comment! You loom amazing! Your skin looks great and you do have that glow!! And it looks to me like you lost weight! Looks like baby is growing healthy too!

Thanks maisie and emeeorevan!
I think the fact that my DH is dieting is helping me too!(He's working on getting on at the local fire department and into the National Guard) I don't cook big meals anymore, and although I do eat every 2-3 hours(I get pretty hungry during the day!) I eat pretty sensibly. We cleared out all the junk in the house, so there is no way I can snack on anything but healthy food :) Except for the occasional taco that I have my DH pick up for me :haha:

And Beth, your doctor does seems pretty harsh. How in world does she "know" that you have GD? There is no way to tell except symptoms and testing! Just because you gained weight does not automatically mean you have it. I don't normally tell people my weight, but I will tell you that when I first got pregnant with my DS I was already 240lbs, and I gained about 45lbs with him. Did not have GD! But I did have an aunt that got it with her last and she was only 120 to start, probably 145 by the end of the pregnancy, if that. So weight is not always the cause. I would not be happy with a doctor like that. Mine, even when gaining more than he wanted, was always very supportive and never rude or harsh to me.

I will let everyone know how the GD test goes. I sure hope she is wrong.

I will let everyone know how the GD test goes. I sure hope she is wrong.

I hope she's wrong, too! I'm surprised she would be so certain about it just because you gained 8 lbs in 1 month. I could totally gain 8 lbs in a month if I ate a certain way, and I tested negative for GD. It has more to do with my own personal metabolism. (of which I have none :haha:)

Wow, I had some serious water retention going on yesterday! I woke up with swollen eyes and hands, and had gained 3 lbs since Friday morning. I tried to drink more water and eat a lot less sodium yesterday, and I was back down 2 lbs this morning. Normally I swell in my feet first, then my hands... I've never had my eyes swell like that, though... anyone else experience this?

I had gained 16lbs by week 11!!! I know it's twins but it's still excessive! Actually lost half a pound this week woohoo lol I was told it would slow down eventually - so glad it appears to be, i don't want to gain too much! x

Wow, I had some serious water retention going on yesterday! I woke up with swollen eyes and hands, and had gained 3 lbs since Friday morning. I tried to drink more water and eat a lot less sodium yesterday, and I was back down 2 lbs this morning. Normally I swell in my feet first, then my hands... I've never had my eyes swell like that, though... anyone else experience this?

Has your blood pressure been okay? Everything I've heard about excessive swelling in the face and hands has been a symptom of pre-eclampsia. I'd definitely get it checked out if it continues for more than a couple days!

Has your blood pressure been okay? Everything I've heard about excessive swelling in the face and hands has been a symptom of pre-eclampsia. I'd definitely get it checked out if it continues for more than a couple days!

The only time my eyes have swollen was with an allergic reaction to something. If blood pressure is ok maybe you stumbled onto something you are allergic to? Be careful of new soaps, laundry detergent, lotions etc. I was allergic to a spray on sunblock and didn't know it till my face swelled up. Mine was also itchy not sure what your other symptoms were if any. :hugs:

Am I the only one who gets nervous, I'm squishing my Lil chunk a doo.

Hey ladies ! Want to join if that's ok? I am a size 16 and already feeling so fat - my boss isn't helping my confidence as when I told her about pregnancy she told me oh that's good that you are pregnant as I thought you had gotten really fat lately and was going to tell you to go to the gym. The. Last night told me if I keep going the way I am I will be ginormous by the end. I haven't actually been too bad, put on a bit in first tri as wasn't eating the most healthy - ate what I could stomach and that tended to be carbs! Has leveled out now and I am eating quite healthy.

People can be so mean sometimes!

The only time my eyes have swollen was with an allergic reaction to something. If blood pressure is ok maybe you stumbled onto something you are allergic to? Be careful of new soaps, laundry detergent, lotions etc. I was allergic to a spray on sunblock and didn't know it till my face swelled up. Mine was also itchy not sure what your other symptoms were if any. :hugs:

My blood pressure has been in perfect range the entire pregnancy. Was with my first, too, even though I swelled up like a blimp at the end. I don't have any allergies that I know of, and I haven't used anything new. My eyes have been fine today, and my hands are back down to almost normal so I think it was probably just water retention. :shrug:

My next appointment is in a week, so I'll mention it to her then but they'll be checking my blood pressure and protein anyway so if pre-eclampsia is a worry, then it will show up in those I'm sure.

Hey ladies ! Want to join if that's ok? I am a size 16 and already feeling so fat - my boss isn't helping my confidence as when I told her about pregnancy she told me oh that's good that you are pregnant as I thought you had gotten really fat lately and was going to tell you to go to the gym. The. Last night told me if I keep going the way I am I will be ginormous by the end. I haven't actually been too bad, put on a bit in first tri as wasn't eating the most healthy - ate what I could stomach and that tended to be carbs! Has leveled out now and I am eating quite healthy.

People can be so mean sometimes!

Is your boss a fit lady? Next time she says anything to you, ask her if she is pregnant too. Tell her you have noticed some extra kgs starting to develop around her butt and thighs and you were curious.... you know how much non-pregnant women just LOVE to be told they look like they are. Haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->