any plus size mummies to be?

Argh, got on the scales today and I've gained 10lb (different scales so could be out by a couple) since checking in apt 7weeks ago. I don't know how as I've been so sick... Although the food I have wanted hasn't been too healthy. Hopefully weight will even out again now that I'm feeling a bit better. It's really stressing me out!! X

try not stress out about it took much hun :hugs: And always use the same scaled from now if you can. I always Use my wii fit board :) thats what my booking app weight was taken on xx

Argh, got on the scales today and I've gained 10lb (different scales so could be out by a couple) since checking in apt 7weeks ago. I don't know how as I've been so sick... Although the food I have wanted hasn't been too healthy. Hopefully weight will even out again now that I'm feeling a bit better. It's really stressing me out!! X
Don't let it get you down hun. Every meal is a new chance to eat better! Wow, I sound like a greeting card. lol

Bump anxiety has officially kicked in. I just want to be notably pregnant. And stop getting the omg you're carrying well which just means you're not showing at all. .

At what point have you been able to feel bubs kicks from the outside? I have felt kicks getting more and more stronger as the weeks have gone by but can't wait to have my DH feel it too

Today i had my 20 week scan. It went horribly because they couldn't see much. The sonographer didn't say it was because of my belly fat but I know that's got to be why. Bubs was moving around everywhere and the lady said she was happy with what she saw but because she couldn't get all measurements we have to go back in 2 weeks when the baby is a little bigger and try again. This is the second time this has happened, same thing at my 12 week scan.
From now on if there are any more scans to do, I will book them a couple of weeks later than I normally would have so this doesn't happen again.
Just disappointed as the dvd and a couple of pics she printed out are so crappy. Didn't help that the lady seemed new to what she was doing either. Sigh!

Lol, at least your LO was active, my LO was sleeping. Lol. I hope she's not a heavy sleeper like her dad. Lol. The sonographer had to shake my belly to make LO move. Lol. But she got all her measurements although it took forever, and she had the probe dug deep into my belly.

This happened to me last time at my 12 week scan. This time I was 13+3 so managed to get the nt measurement. But my 20 week has been booked for when I will be 19+4 so thinking I might reschedule but I have my first gtt and an appointment with the anesthesiologist on the same day so that's a lot to reschedule. Not sure what to do.

This happened to me last time at my 12 week scan. This time I was 13+3 so managed to get the nt measurement. But my 20 week has been booked for when I will be 19+4 so thinking I might reschedule but I have my first gtt and an appointment with the anesthesiologist on the same day so that's a lot to reschedule. Not sure what to do.
Only going off my experience I would reschedule if I were you. There is nothing more annoying than losing your time effort and money (and excitement!) on going for a scan where they may just need to call you back in a couple weeks later anyway.
The sonographer I saw even said she wishes that Dr's wouldn't say '20 week scan' etc as people tend to book them bang on that time where they have to turn a lot of people away for a re-book some time later when baby is a bit bigger and they can get all measurements.
I am still smarting from earlier and I can assure you had I realised this might happen again, I definitely would have not booked in until later in the month.

aww no im so sorry some of you have had bad experiences with your scans! Thankfully i had no problems with my 12 week scan this time so hopefully wont have a problem with my private gender scan or my anomoly scan (which is at 21+6). My sister never once had a problem with any of her scans either. I think it says more about the tech than your size tbh :hugs: xxx

aww no im so sorry some of you have had bad experiences with your scans! Thankfully i had no problems with my 12 week scan this time so hopefully wont have a problem with my private gender scan or my anomoly scan (which is at 21+6). My sister never once had a problem with any of her scans either. I think it says more about the tech than your size tbh :hugs: xxx

Thank you :flower:
I think you are right about the tech, as when I went for my last scan (13+1) the tech I had then was awesome, we got the clearest ultrasound photos I had ever seen! She also spent the time getting all measurements so when I booked again for 2 weeks time, I booked a long appointment and have my fingers crossed it is my 13+1 lady.
Anyway decided now I am actually showing that I would finally post a pic of me from today at 20+5 :D

Attachments

• me 002.jpg
    me 002.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 30
  • me 005.jpg
    me 005.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 30
hi ladies im a bit early but please may I join the thread its soo lovely to see that im not alone in this plus size pregnancy... its also great to hear all your stories and see all of your pictures.... my bump does too seem to be gathering in the top half of my B belly im just hoping bottom B catches up soon :)

Hi Emily! Of course you are welcome :D
My bump was originally only making the bottom half of my B belly pop out some, and now the baby is bigger I found out yesterday it's head is just under where my hand is in the 1st pic above, and its bum and feet are just under my belly button.
I am finally only now starting to round out a bit- hopefully it will only be a couple more weeks until my belly button area totally pops forward too!
It really is a big waiting game when you are anxious to LOOK pregnant not just more over weight than normal. haha :D

fab bump hun! I have my fingers crossed you get the nice lady. Another thing that will help is drinking around 2 litres of water a day (or so i read on another forum from a post that an ultrasound tech put) as it helps increase your amniotic fluid to get a clearer picture <3 i started yesterday with 2 weeks to go.. still 1 litre to drink yet today and its 6:30pm lol. xx

I drink a 1.5L bottle of water while I am at work every day

Yeah I do tend to drink a good amount of water, but don't want to go overboard as I pee enough lately haha :) thanks for the tip though!

Hi ladies, hope I join you all on this thread..

My Bmi is at 47 :( I lost 3 stone to fall pregnant and ive not gained any since being pregnant. MY midwife has been really lovely and supportive.

However I had my 12 week scan last monday and well at the scan bit the sonographer seemed to give up before she started and said I wont be able to scan for NT due to your bmi... and then wrote on my notes scan was very difficult due to patients bmi... my scan picture was clear and i could see everything clearly on the screen..
the consultant who was very nice..has put me on low dose aspirin daily to prevent pre-eclampsia.. has anyone else been put on this?

Its my first baby incase you cant tell lol

Hi ladies, hope I join you all on this thread..

My Bmi is at 47 :( I lost 3 stone to fall pregnant and ive not gained any since being pregnant. MY midwife has been really lovely and supportive.

However I had my 12 week scan last monday and well at the scan bit the sonographer seemed to give up before she started and said I wont be able to scan for NT due to your bmi... and then wrote on my notes scan was very difficult due to patients bmi... my scan picture was clear and i could see everything clearly on the screen..
the consultant who was very nice..has put me on low dose aspirin daily to prevent pre-eclampsia.. has anyone else been put on this?

Its my first baby incase you cant tell lol

oh my gosh hun thats awful :hugs: so sorry she was such a cow! Seriously they shouldnt be in the job if they are like that! I was on it most of my last pregnancy and the start of this one.. iv just had to stop it a couple weeks ago as it was making me ill though. Its just a precaution :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->