any plus size mummies to be?

Hi ladies, hope I join you all on this thread..

My Bmi is at 47 :( I lost 3 stone to fall pregnant and ive not gained any since being pregnant. MY midwife has been really lovely and supportive.

However I had my 12 week scan last monday and well at the scan bit the sonographer seemed to give up before she started and said I wont be able to scan for NT due to your bmi... and then wrote on my notes scan was very difficult due to patients bmi... my scan picture was clear and i could see everything clearly on the screen..
the consultant who was very nice..has put me on low dose aspirin daily to prevent pre-eclampsia.. has anyone else been put on this?

Its my first baby incase you cant tell lol

so sorry you had an awful experience :( I am also on low dose aspirin (75mg a day) due to my age & BMI - also on calcium and vitamin D supplements due to having twins x

Mrslemon that's awful :( At my nt scan with dd they couldn't get the measurement but she did really try and she didn't say it was due to my bmi even though it did have to go on my notes. There is just no need to make us feel bad. This time I delayed my scan until 13+3 so they could get the measurement with baby being that bit bigger.

I have been on 75mg of aspirin since my booking in appt and have been told to take it until 36 weeks. I am also on 5mg of folic acid and have just been given a prescription for the vit d but not got it yet.

Hey can I join?
I'm a UK 22/24.

My Bmi is at 47 :( I lost 3 stone to fall pregnant and ive not gained any since being pregnant. MY midwife has been really lovely and supportive.

However I had my 12 week scan last monday and well at the scan bit the sonographer seemed to give up before she started and said I wont be able to scan for NT due to your bmi... and then wrote on my notes scan was very difficult due to patients bmi... my scan picture was clear and i could see everything clearly on the screen..
the consultant who was very nice..has put me on low dose aspirin daily to prevent pre-eclampsia.. has anyone else been put on this?

I know that that feels like, I had exactly the same with my son and the sonographer was horrid to me, saying that it was my own fault for being as fat I was and that I was a disgrace. I went home and cried.

I know I have a high bmi and my body weight and shape isn't great but how is that any different to anyone else?

This time around it's different and I don't know why, I have a different sonographer this time around from when I had my son, but still, they didn't say the same things as what she did, I know on the scan report it says degraded image due to my bmi but at least they're nicer to me.

I think that they think we're bigger and most of us have our first, they can be like that to us because we deserve it -_-

What an awful woman! She definitely needs to try another job if she doesn't want to do hers properly!
My BMI is 44 and they have never had a problem with my scans. Took her a just a minute to find the right spot(had to go off to my right side) but found baby, and saw everything perfectly. The only problem they've ever had with my weight was finding the heartbeat on Doppler. Had two nurses try forever! But they never said anything about my weight being the issue(although it wasn't so fun when they had me hold up my own fat roll :dohh: ) Of course my doctor came in and found it right away. :haha:

thanks ladies. So nice to not be alone in dealing with all this..

IM so excited to be having a baby and I hate the way they are tainting part of the experience. My next appointment im going to try and be a bit thicker skinned .. my midwife told me to tell them.. 1 in 5 pregnant women are overweight so really they should be dealing with it better... I love her :)

so glad for a threat like this to read all your positive pregnancy moments and remind myself what its all about :D

Welcome Crimson xx I cannot believe that woman said such horrible things to you. I would have made a formal complaint (or just punched her)! Cannot believe they think it is ok to treat people that way :(

My midwife is amazing, I had her with my son.
I told her about everything that happened and even she wasn't happy about it, but it looks like the sonographer has been sacked. I wasn't the first to complain about her apparently.

Just had appointment, and everything went well. Weight is going up but within normal limits per OB even though I am past that 15 lbs mark.

+It really makes me so angry when we are not treated like everyone else just because our body weight is higher than the average jo.
Especially by those in positions where a good bed-side-manner is so important. They are not just dealing with pregnant women, they are dealing with VULNERABLE women.
The last time I was treated like crap (my 12 week ultrasound) I didn't make a complaint about that particular tech and from now on I will. I mean, you would hope that there would be no other b!tches doing that job!

I am also taking: Elevit multivitamin (folic acid, calcium etc), Vitamin D, and a low dose asprin to help prevent pre-eclampsia. I wasn't deemed high risk for the pre-eclampsia but becasue my BMI is 45 they told me to take it as a preventative :)

my bmi is 47 ... ive managed to keep my weight at about a 4lb loss from my booking appointment but this is the heaviest I have ever been in my whole life so I am super concious about putting any more weight on, just need the sickness to pass so I can start being more active again.

My midwife has too been great and said that she doesn't want my exciting pregnancy tainted with weight etc and so far it has been but hopefully that will settle now ive had all my first initial appointments with consultants etc, I am having 2 deltaparin injections and 75mg of aspirin the 5mg of folic acid too.

I was really worries about my NT scan and weight been an issue but the sonographer was amazing and didn't say a single thing about my weight however when I laid on the bed I kind of lift my lower b belly before I was asked to but just by pulling it up with arms across my stomach.

Im really fed up about the weight situation I wanted to lose weight before I conceived to avoid this situation but I didn't so i knew it would happen but really fed up about the no bump and just looking fatter even more so because so many mums that I know from school found out about me been pregnant before end of term and so when I go back to school in September the mums that know are gna be expecting a bump and I wont have one :(

still not felt baby move yet either and with it been my 4th I figured if I were slimmer id have felt it by now..... having a major down day today can you tell lol x

my bmi is 47 ... ive managed to keep my weight at about a 4lb loss from my booking appointment but this is the heaviest I have ever been in my whole life so I am super concious about putting any more weight on, just need the sickness to pass so I can start being more active again.

My midwife has too been great and said that she doesn't want my exciting pregnancy tainted with weight etc and so far it has been but hopefully that will settle now ive had all my first initial appointments with consultants etc, I am having 2 deltaparin injections and 75mg of aspirin the 5mg of folic acid too.

I was really worries about my NT scan and weight been an issue but the sonographer was amazing and didn't say a single thing about my weight however when I laid on the bed I kind of lift my lower b belly before I was asked to but just by pulling it up with arms across my stomach.

Im really fed up about the weight situation I wanted to lose weight before I conceived to avoid this situation but I didn't so i knew it would happen but really fed up about the no bump and just looking fatter even more so because so many mums that I know from school found out about me been pregnant before end of term and so when I go back to school in September the mums that know are gna be expecting a bump and I wont have one :(

still not felt baby move yet either and with it been my 4th I figured if I were slimmer id have felt it by now..... having a major down day today can you tell lol x
Awww, I'm so sorry you're having a rough day Emily.:hugs:

It's great that your midwife has a positive attitude.

I wish I was a lot smaller than I am now too.:nope:

My midwife is amazing, I had her with my son.
I told her about everything that happened and even she wasn't happy about it, but it looks like the sonographer has been sacked. I wasn't the first to complain about her apparently.

im glad she was sacked hun

Just had appointment, and everything went well. Weight is going up but within normal limits per OB even though I am past that 15 lbs mark.

well done hun :D :wohoo:

sorry your having such a down day hun. Im big but i have a bump :) My eldest goes bk to nursery on the 25th and i bet they will all be asking if i know what im having and expecting a pretty bump :haha: i have a flump bump as i like to call it :haha: xx

Flump bump lol :)

Hope you are feeling a bit better today Emily. It's not necessarily your weight preventing you feeling baby. It could just been their position. I have been feeling this little one for a few weeks and our bmi's are the same x

feeling a bit better today we had been to the seaside had fish chips icecream etc so think I was feeling frumpy. Im back healthy eating today so trying to get back on the happy train :)

I'm glad as well but the appointments I've had so far, all of them say I have a low laying baby so that's why I look a bit bigger than normal. I still feel a bit sick though :/

Im a size 20/22, im currently 17 weeks and i felt a few flutters at 14/15 but nothing much since. I had a private scan to find out its a little girl (yay!) and everything was fine she was moving like mad and was the perfect size im just getting worried and desperate to feel her move properly!

When did everybody start feeling movement?
Feeling abit low and abit fed up of my midwife :(

Edit: this is my first baba after 4 years ttc!

Im a size 20/22, im currently 17 weeks and i felt a few flutters at 14/15 but nothing much since. I had a private scan to find out its a little girl (yay!) and everything was fine she was moving like mad and was the perfect size im just getting worried and desperate to feel her move properly!

When did everybody start feeling movement?
Feeling abit low and abit fed up of my midwife :(

Edit: this is my first baba after 4 years ttc!

Congrats on joining team :pink: and her being your first after 4 years of TTC :D

Don't worry, she'll move, with her being your first, it's normal to be worried, I was the same with my DS. I didn't feel him move properly until about 23-24 weeks.
Now, my DD won't stop moving around and I felt her about 15 weeks.

Feeling low will pass and oh, what's wrong, if you don't mind my asking.

Thank you hun i need reassurance im just desperate to feel her properly moving :( my midwife was awful on my booking appointment she was really judgemental and i lterally felt like a child being told off :( i saw the midwife at the obesity clinic at the hospital and she was brilliant! Very supportive but i have an appointment coming up with my own midwife and i feel sick thinking about seeing her again :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->