any plus size mummies to be?

I had one just like your midwife, they think 'cause they're in a "better" position than us, they can look down their nose at us.
Things have calmed down this time around.
Makes me think that they think it's all right to treat us this way because it's out first :/

I never though of that :) i actually cried in the appointment im just so anxious now about seeing her :(

Im a size 20/22, im currently 17 weeks and i felt a few flutters at 14/15 but nothing much since. I had a private scan to find out its a little girl (yay!) and everything was fine she was moving like mad and was the perfect size im just getting worried and desperate to feel her move properly!

When did everybody start feeling movement?
Feeling abit low and abit fed up of my midwife :(

Edit: this is my first baba after 4 years ttc!

Sounds like myself. I've been really nervous a lot lately because I haven't really felt movement. I felt the baby move a couple of weeks ago and nothing since. I have two more weeks until my next scan and I'm terrified thinking something is wrong. This is my first also after ttc 8yrs. I really hope I'm team pink also, wanted a girl so long, but happy none the less for finally getting this blessing.

the best thing to do wiht these midwives is to put them in their place (in a nice way)

if they start about your weight then just say something along the lines of "look i know i am bigger than your average woman but that doesnt give you he right to treat me with any less respect and the stress you are causing me is not good for my pregnancy" xx

I was quite blunt but polite about my weight my midwife weighed me and then looked at me disearningly and said bmi 48, I said I know it is bad and I know the risks my mum had a severe stroke and my dad had a heart attack and I have tried all my life to lose weight I was seeing dietecians at the age of 7 and I got a bit emotional and said I am the weight I am but not through ignorance or lack of trying and she was really nice about it and just said we need to keep an extra eye on me and make sure that me and baby are ok. we discussed weight management etc and agreed that if I can maintain my weight that's great but since my booking appointment nearly 5-6 weeks ago ive lost 7lbs so im happy with that when the last tri comes and weight gain becomes more It gives me some lee-way.

With regards to feeling baby move I haven't felt mine yet, I don't remember when I felt my 1st or 2nd but I remember with my 3rd asking the midwife at 19 weeks why I hadn't felt baby move yet and she just said that maybe because I was on the larger side but I was nearly 3 stone lighter than I am now so god knows when I will feel this little bean lol x

Thanks for the support ladies :) I wish i had said something at the appointment but i was so nervous and my first ever meeting with a midwife i felt like a bad mum already :( but brilliant news i have been assigned a new midwife as mine has moved on woohoo!!! She sounds lovely and i will have the courage to tell her if she treats me like the old one :) we have a maternity obestity clinic here and i saw a midwife there who was lovely and she understands wants me to start up SW again so im happy :)

As feeling movements i had a bubbly feeling this morning that i mistook for hunger im wondering if that could be little un?

I'm lucky i think that my midwife is also a larger lady she has been great and has never mentioned my weight other than when i asked if i could remain at slimming world she said yes but no dieting just healthy eating :thumbup: (gained 17lbs so far lol i think it's safe to say i'm not dieting lol)

my consultant gave me full permission to restart slimming world too :)

I think Slimming world is about the only midwife approved slimming club out there - it's great, it's just a shame i have no desire to stick to it at the moment :nope: I just want to eat constantly and have to as i'm always hungry and it's always the naughty stuff i nibble on :dohh:

Thanks for the support ladies :) I wish i had said something at the appointment but i was so nervous and my first ever meeting with a midwife i felt like a bad mum already :( but brilliant news i have been assigned a new midwife as mine has moved on woohoo!!! She sounds lovely and i will have the courage to tell her if she treats me like the old one :) we have a maternity obestity clinic here and i saw a midwife there who was lovely and she understands wants me to start up SW again so im happy :)

As feeling movements i had a bubbly feeling this morning that i mistook for hunger im wondering if that could be little un?

I bet you're over the moon with you're new midwife :D

That could well be your little one moving, it can feel like butterflies/gas/hungry rumble :3

As for all the support, it's no problem, that's what we're here for :hugs:

Thamks crimson I know and i feel abit stronger now im furthur along to stand up for myself if need be :) i hope it is im really inpatient! And thanks hun its lovely to have other 'plus size' mummies and mummies to be to talk to and no judgement! Lol :)!

And shells i just read your amazing signature you are obviously very strong! And twins amazing ! I am also ravenous and trying to be healthy! Haha :)

Edit: as i was typing i had some amazing bubbles hoping this is bubba!

Awww thanks Jenna. It's been a very long and painful journey to get here today and I'm so thankful everyday i wake up and they are still with me. I had times when getting out of bed to face the day was a struggle but I never let it beat me i armed myself with knowledge and used it wisely ;) Now the fight was totally worth it :)

YES those bubbles will be baby :cloud9: at first its like little bubbles, then little flutters.. then you get the tiny kicks that build into the crippling ones that make you run for the loo :haha:

I am super glad you have a new midwife :hugs: I hope she is really nice hun. I was offered slimming world at my booking in appointment but i just looked at the midwife lol... thats not something id go to as ours is very very busy and a lot of them are already slim :blush: i'd feel like a heffer next to half of them. I have a Wii fit wich i use to weigh myself at least once a week and its helping greatly. Im also drinking 2 litres of water a day which really helps :D (and is also really good for helping get a clearer scan apprently)

Awww thanks Jenna. It's been a very long and painful journey to get here today and I'm so thankful everyday i wake up and they are still with me. I had times when getting out of bed to face the day was a struggle but I never let it beat me i armed myself with knowledge and used it wisely ;) Now the fight was totally worth it :)

:hugs: What a long journey you've had hun. Im glad that you have little twinnies snuggling in there <3 <3

AFM - i weighed myself the other day and i was 20 stone 6lb.. so only 2lb off what i was at :bfp: I'm very happy with myself.. just need to keep it up :haha: I look forward to the first weigh in after baby is born if i keep this up :D

I have my gender scan this weekend.. i cant wait.. but nervous for if they mention my weight lol

Sethsmummy I didn't quote because it would be a big quote :) thank you very much :) and I hope so see her Monday :) I'm hoping to loose when give birth gonna get stuck in with excersing more there's an aquanatal class near me can't wait to go! Lol

Have you got much of a bump going on? You are so close to my due date! Lol I am
Carrying really high so I'm quite swollen up top but I just look fatter haha :) and the sonographers I've seen have been really nice not said a word! What would you like? We had a private scan and we found it it was a little girl !

Sethsmummy I didn't quote because it would be a big quote :) thank you very much :) and I hope so see her Monday :) I'm hoping to loose when give birth gonna get stuck in with excersing more there's an aquanatal class near me can't wait to go! Lol

Have you got much of a bump going on? You are so close to my due date! Lol I am
Carrying really high so I'm quite swollen up top but I just look fatter haha :) and the sonographers I've seen have been really nice not said a word! What would you like? We had a private scan and we found it it was a little girl !

awww congratulations hun! I really really want a girl... we find out Saturday at our private 3D scan :dance: i have a strong feeling its going to be our 3rd little boy though.

Erm i know i have a bump going on but someone who doesnt know me will just think im extra fat :haha: Im hoping for a big loss when baby is first born to spur me on into loosing more. I really would love to maintain throughout the whole pregnancy.. although i know thats not realistic unless i can get out more and do some more walking.. although that shouldnt be a problem soon as dS1 is back at nursery from next week so lots and lots of walking then.
Im glad yours have all been nice. The one i had this time for my 12 week scan didnt mention my weight and she was really nice apologising because she had to dig in a bit to see baby.. but she was so nice about it.. although she could have just asked me to lift the flab :haha: I wouldnt have been offended. I did it for the midwife when she was trying to find te HB.. but now i have found it when i lie on my right side.. so easy to find so the mw will think im crazy when i lie on my side when she sees me next :haha:

I really hope your appoinntment goes well hun and shes really nice :D Nobody deserves a cow as a midwife.

jenna- great news you've got a new midwife you can look forward to your appointments and be excited about them which is exactly how you should feel, congratulations on your baby girl too... :)

this is embarrassing as ive never been this heavy in my life but at my booking appointment I was 22stone 5lb but im currently weighing at 21stone 12/13 so hoping to keep it down xx

Thanks emily and sethsmummy Ive only been asked to lift up my belly by the private sonographer but she was really nice anyway :) and oh yes lots of digging and pushing to find baby! :baby:

Sethsmummy have you had a private scan before ? They are ace! We really enjoyed ours and were so glad we did it and have a DVD of the scan so my mum could see her granddaughter :cloud9:
When is your due date if you dont mind me asking?

I've never had a private one before this is my first and last lol. I can't wait.. I'm due 15th jan unless I have another planned section.

Emily, try not worry too much. There's not much difference between us :)

Glad you have a new mw Jenna your last one sounded like a cow!

Good luck for Saturday Sethsmummy. We had a private scan with dd and it was lovely. Won't be having one this time since we already know bubs is a boy.

Emily try not to stress too much about your weight. You have lost a bit so clearly trying your best to keep the weight off and no one can ask for more than that.

AFM not much to report. Not losing any more weight but not gaining either and am currently 10lbs lighter than when I got my bfp. Had a mw appointment this week but nothing exciting didn't even try the doppler since I am feeling movement. He is getting very active though and I have had loads of flutters this afternoon and even :)

Carrying dd around is getting to be more of a challenge though. Due to her blindness she is still not walking so has to be carried everywhere and it is so exhausting. Thankfully oh works from home so I can.usually get him to carry her for me. Does make me worried about how I am going to manage later on though.

I know what you mean maisie, my 2 yr old has cerebral palsy and can't support his own weight so has to be carried everywhere. I am starting to struggle with lifting him around now so am quite scared about what will be like at the end. Do you get much support from outside organizations?

Well done to you other ladies who have managed to weigh in at less or around your weight at bfp, I think I have put on like 4kg so far and am only supposed to do between 5 and 9 all up. Not eating that badly anymore either. Hoping it settles down soon or my midwife will tell me off :( she is nice about it though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->