any plus size mummies to be?

I know what you mean maisie, my 2 yr old has cerebral palsy and can't support his own weight so has to be carried everywhere. I am starting to struggle with lifting him around now so am quite scared about what will be like at the end. Do you get much support from outside organizations?

We are getting support but nothing that can.help me with this. I asked one of our support workers yesterday if there was any sort of aids I could use in the home but she said they won't even look at that sort of thing until she is over 17kg, she's 13kg now so no chance before this baby is born. Going to speak to her physio as she is not seeing her nearly enough in my opinion and ask that she starts working with dd more intensely to try and get her mobile asap. It's not that she can't do it she just doesn't have the confidence.

What about you? Do you get much support? I see our children are not that far apart in age x

We get good support in terms of Physio and language therapies but nothing as yet in terms of carrying him around, I am going to ask for a social worker to do a review to see if there is anything they can do. Scared of ending up having to have a c section this time as I wouldn't be able to look after him at all for 6 weeks.

Yes I see they are quite close :) and even closer this time around lol!!

How are you finding this pregnancy?

morning ladies. Maisie and waiting i hope you ladies can get some extra support to help you out <3

Did my weekly weigh in this morning.. bfp weight was 20 stone 4lb... 18 week weigh in 20 stone 6lb. :D only a 2lb gain so far :D xx

We get good support in terms of Physio and language therapies but nothing as yet in terms of carrying him around, I am going to ask for a social worker to do a review to see if there is anything they can do. Scared of ending up having to have a c section this time as I wouldn't be able to look after him at all for 6 weeks.

Yes I see they are quite close :) and even closer this time around lol!!

How are you finding this pregnancy?

To be honest I am finding it really difficult. I know my weight and age will not be helping but I am just so tired all of the time. I feel dreadful today and am back at work on earlies tomorrow. I have no idea how I am going to manage. I have even taken to co-sleeping with dd and oh has been sleeping on the pull out bed in her room just so I don't have to get up to her in the night. It has made things a little easier but I do worry that when the time comes I will never get her back in to her own bed.

How are you feeling?

Just an update, I felt bubs move from the outside at 22 weeks! DH also felt bubs moving it was so amazing :D I thought that due to my weight it would be a lot longer, but lying down in bed was the way to go :) Pretty happy! woohoo :D

Hi ladies, it's been a while. I finally get my gender scan on Friday. I'm a little concerned, I'll be five months in a week in a half and still haven't gained any weight. Last month my dr said I should gain a half a pound a week. Are any of you still not gaining?

Hi ladies, it's been a while. I finally get my gender scan on Friday. I'm a little concerned, I'll be five months in a week in a half and still haven't gained any weight. Last month my dr said I should gain a half a pound a week. Are any of you still not gaining?

I'm 28w3d, and still 2lbs less than my prepregnancy weight. Doctor isn't concerned, as LO is right on track.

Just an update, I felt bubs move from the outside at 22 weeks! DH also felt bubs moving it was so amazing :D I thought that due to my weight it would be a lot longer, but lying down in bed was the way to go :) Pretty happy! woohoo :D

congratulations hun! <3

i wouldnt worry too much hun. when your bigger its ok to maintain your weight... it means your loosing weight whilst the baby is putting it on so its fine. Im 19 weeks tomorrow and 2lb up from pre-preg weight.

I had a private 3d scan on Saturday and i have to say was really dissapointed in my experience. The woman judged as soon as she looked at me and didnt put any effort into looking at the baby properly! she was also rude. then made us go for a walk.. when we went back in she was better but still not the best. She didnt push down on my tummy even though i told her she would need to like the tech at my 12 week scan. We got some pics.. but she couldnt 100% say its a boy although thats her best guess. so atm we are team :blue:

Attachments

• 10609070_10152674820480329_723419313_n.jpg
    10609070_10152674820480329_723419313_n.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 6
  • 10609204_10152674821865329_1766445276_n.jpg
    10609204_10152674821865329_1766445276_n.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 5
  • 10614000_10152674820680329_964501373_n.jpg
    10614000_10152674820680329_964501373_n.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 4
  • 10615865_10152674819905329_1530789669_n.jpg
    10615865_10152674819905329_1530789669_n.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 3
Have you complained? Those scans aren't cheap and you should get your monies worth. I had a private gender scan at 16+3 with dd and the tech was lovely. Really thorough and made sure she got the best shot to be sure dd was a girl. If you complain they should offer you another with a different tech xx

Congratulations on being team blue though ;) xx Is he sacking his thumb in that last shot? Very cute!!

I wouldn't worry hun. As Sethsmummy says it means you are losing weight which is fine when bigger as long as baby is growing fine. I lost 11lbs initially when I found out and have only gained 1lb back. Baby is doing just fine judging by how much he is swimming about in there :)

unfortunately theres only one tech there so i wouldnt want to go back. I paid £85 for my scan plus £30 for travel costs (bus/tain/taxi). :( Im hoping its not her who does my anomoly scan (aain we dont get a choice at our hospital but if it is her and she does the same i will tell her there and then and make a complaint) xx

That's rubbish! Did you have it privately at the hospital then? I've not heard of that before. I assumed you could have them at places like babybond.

no it wasnt in my hospital but the woman told me she works at my hospital sometimes doing the anomoly scans :dohh: IT was at a private place called First Peek Baby Scanning in Carlisle.

sethsmummy- oh im sorry to hear you had an unpleasant experience I had a similar experience with dd2 I complained so many times that I ended up having about 3 scans as they kept messing up. Congratulations on the team blue ive seen lots of team blues but save a team blue for me please ladies lol... its still early for me but im still at a pre-pregnancy loss of 5lbs. My consultant said hee was happy for me to lose weight but my midwife said to maintain but I do want to lose so I have a bigger loss when I deliver :)

Sethm- sorry your scan went bad. Im always paranoid as to how mine is going to go. My first ones with my RE were great, but once I went to my ob, it was painful. The tech was nice, but she kept pressing really hard trying to get baby to move and it hurt. She tried for like an hour and no luck. Called in another tech that tried for maybe 2 mins, still no luck. After all that we still only got crappy pics. Needless to say, I'm hoping Friday's scan is much better with a better tech, or I will be complaining.

I went for my 20 week scan when I was 20+4 thinking they would be able to see what they needed to see.... Nope. Here a scan is almost $300 so even though she couldn't see what she needed (not only was she not looking hard enough, she was reading off a paper what she was supposed to be looking for so she was inexperienced) I still had to pay for it. They told me I had to come back in 2 weeks but I refused to pay the same again so luckily they only charged me $10 when I went back a couple of days ago.
The woman I had this time was thorough and robotic, she got everything seen to and wasn't judging me but she pushed so hard with the ultrasound device my Tummy bled a bit on one side :(
Not really her fault though, she had to get the measurements- I already told them I wasn't coming back a third time for the same scan!

oh ladies big hugs for everyone :hugs: I dont mind the pushing down they had to with my 12 week scan and she kept apologising but i would much rather they do that and put the effort in to get what they need than to just not be arsed at all. I always get tender after a scan just now.. even after the gender scan i was sore for a couple days and she hadnt even pressed down. :hugs:

I'm the same, don't mind them pressing down as long as they get what they need. I do ask for extra gel now though after an early scan at 7 weeks left my tummy cracked and bleeding :( I always end up feeling bruised for a day or 2.

oh wow.. ours always plaster you with gel :haha: takes a LOT of paper towel to clean up afterwards lol. xx

Hi Ladies!

I hurt my back last week. And I've been so tired lately that I haven't been around, but I feel a bit better today.:happydance:

I am so angry about how sonographers and midwives etc. have treated some of you. Sonographers are trained to deal with bodies of all shapes and sizes and if they can't or won't get good images, that's shows a complete lack of skill on their part. Yes, it may be harder to get good images, but that's no excuse for them to be lazy and useless. Not only would I complain, but I would also refuse to pay for a useless cow insulting me! Give me their phone numbers, I'll have a good go at them!:haha:

I've actually been shocked at how nice everyone has been to me. Not only am I fluffy, but I'm super old too. But not one ugly comment to my face yet! I have had some rude things said about my age in another forum that were pretty upsetting:cry:...I can't imagine saying stuff like that to anyone.

I've felt flutters since about 16 weeks, but now I feel actual kicks! My husband still can't feel anything on the outside - he can hardly wait!

Hope everyone's having a great day.:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->