• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

ANY positive C Sec stories please?

tu123

Reaction score
Hello ladies

With my daughter my waters broke at 6.30 am. I had it confirmed at the hospital then went home. I had a hot Japanese meal at 2 and then they really kicked in after a bath. By 6pm i was 6cm and could no longer manage at home. I had passed out, palpitations and grey-think my body had gone into shock:haha:

I was having contractions one on top of each other. Anyway-bliss came when i had the first dose of an epidural. The third dose and 4th did nothing. I told the MW to check the epidural site ( i am a nurse and thought it may have fallen out with all my tossing and turning) but she ignored me. Anyway, after 90minutes of pushing LO finally arrived-then i passed out:haha:

I am then going to theatre after the surgeon put a finger through my vagina and it popped out of my bumhole:wacko:

After an hour of them topping up my epidural they took the dressing down to find epidural drug swimming on my skin-i was right! So i went to heaven with a spinal. Which was great as i was walking around again after two hours.

I had 90 stitches. I had a week of IV antibiotics, a week of fragmin injections, then got a DVT in one leg, had more injections, antibiotics, etc, etc.

5 days after coming home i was in the bath and i thought i was in labour again. The the water was red red with clots and blood. I got through 28 sanipads in the 2hrs waiting to be seen.

I went to the hospital and eventually got restitched and had more antibiotics, etc, etc.

15 months on i still cant properly feel my pelvic floor despite physio, urodynamics, biofeedback, etc. And i MUST got to the loo when i need to else i'l be incontinent! It is also very "tight" down there and painful in the recent weeks of this pregnancy.

The Professor who stitched me up told me a ceasarian would be better the next time round to avoid double incontinence, etc, etc.

I would love to see if i could experience a vaginal birth in a better way again but it the thought of all the problems terrify me.

But i am also happy to go with the advice. Just scared really-despite being a nurse!!!!!

Any good stories? And sorry for the long post!

I had a planned c sec and it was an amazing experience, I wouldn't hesitate to repeat it again!! I was so worried when I was told i'd need a c sec (breech oblique baby & polyhydramnios) but I needn't have worried. It was all so positive!!

I've done a blog piece on my c sec for another bnb'er, you can read it here if you like:

https://motherhoodjourneys.weebly.com/3/post/2011/07/my-caesarean-section-louise.html

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. Two must-have's for a c-sec though - a dressing gown and straws (even for tea!) :hugs:

Oh and congratulations :happydance:

I had an emcs so the lead up to the section wasnt so great and i really hope to experience a natural birth BUT

the section itself was nothing, lol the spinal was the worst bit and you've already done that. It wasnt painful at the time, and it wasnt painful after. I could walk around no problem and although I struggled getting on and off the bed etc it wasnt because of pain at all. i was just weak and tbh i hadnt ben able to move well for months so it might have had nothing to do with the section. I wouldnt say it was the most fun ive ever had but im certain my section was miles easier than your natural delivery!

Oh what you went through sounds terrible!

I ended up having an emergency c section after a long labour and a baby who was sunny side up (and big!).

The medical staff were wonderful and put me at ease. I was very nervous and had to really try and stay calm. Breathing helped! Within what seemed like minutes she was born and crying. I felt no pain, only a tugging feeling.... I felt woozy but asked for a cold cloth to put on my forehead. They then stitched me up and sorted baby out.

In recovery I remember shaking badly, but this is normal.

The wound is painful but as I have said before it is abdominal surgery so it's expected. Just take the painkillers they give you!!

I was walking that evening and breastfeeding just fine. You do feel weak and lightheaded.

Women will have different experiences, but I found my whole labour and subsequent c section brilliant! I would do it again!

Good luck x

my second section was very easy really, i had rose at 12:57pm on monday. hardly any blood loss, was laughing and joking the whole time. had visitors only and hour after she was born slept well and was awake with my beauty at 6am had a shower was walking around and then by 4pm tuesday i was at home.

I have to say that I quite enjoyed mine and if I do have another baby I will book myself in for a c-section straightaway!
I found the experience very calm and controlled. The doctors and midwife were all lovely and after having a difficult pregnancy it was nice to have a relaxing and stress-free birth.

I've had 3 and they were all lovely. Calm, peaceful and special. Spinals aren't great, but they're over very quickly and the dr and nurses have always been so supportive and calm. All my cs were in different hospitals with different docs and each time I saw my baby immediately and dh held them. They stayed with me all the way through recovery and beyond.

I had an emcs so although I did not have a great experience before the c section, the op itself was fine. I had a fab team working on me who kept me calm and told me what to expect each step of the way. 4 hours after the c section i was up and showered, trying to breastfeed and changing the baby. My scar healed really well, I was home after 3 days and pretty much from the beginning I was doing stuff in the house. Obviously no lifting and didn't walk too far for the first few weeks but I felt emotionally fab, unlike a friend of mine that had a vaginal birth which was quite a positive story until afterwards when they took her to theatre for a 3rd degree tear and she struggled that she missed the first few hours of her little boys life and now has PND (sure it is connected). The only reason I mention the vaginal birth is that I was initially so disappointed that I didn't get the birth I wanted and that my body hadn't worked properly but once the hormones had calmed down I decided it was for the best and would propably go elective c section next time. (I was in labour for 40 hours before the c section and only got to 6 cm dilated) xxx

I had an emcs due to fetal distress - and although the 11 hours of labour beforehand were pretty tiring and painful - it was such a relief to know she was coming out safely and the staff were amazing. Also it was great to get the support from the midwives and doctors on the ward for the 2 days I stayed afterwards - mainly with breastfeeding but also with things like winding and bathing the baby. Without that support I think I would have struggled a lot more with breastfeeding.

I just had a wondeful elective C-section 4 months ago, I loved it because for my first I started on a regular birth , babys heartrate dropped and had to be knocked out for a cras section! So when it came time to decide how to give birth I didnt hesitate and decided a c-section was the way to go for me, because i didnt want to end up in a crash section again! Everybody in the OR was awesome, the doctor played some cool music off his cell phone, everyone was making jokes, I loved it and so did my husband cause he couldnt be there for our first since it was an emergency section!
I healed extremely fast with no complications, was walking only 8 hours after the section and at home on day 3, that afternoon we went to my sons baseball sign up!
4 months on, I still feel like I have made the right decision :)

I had an emergency c-section, so it wasn't exactly planned. The c-section wasn't really a big deal at all, only uncomfortable when they were actually removing the baby. (I didn't feel the spinal block, nor could I feel anything at all but pressure.) The whole process was very quick. Recovery was as expected for any major surgery, some deal with it better than others. It took me about a week, maybe a little more, to be moving around without any pain. The medication they give you certainly helped.

We were always planning for a c-section due to the anticipated size of baby (9-10lbs) and my small pelvis, but had an emergency c-section due to pre-eclampsia. To be honest, I was calm and relaxed as had been worried the night before about the baby, and ironically, like my mother some 40 years ago, the epidural was annoying and I had some bleeding afterward, BUT my husband was next to me, my ob/gyn explained everything as she went along and when the baby came out, it was fantastic!

As I had been suffering from severe hypertension, excessive swelling and terrible breathlessness, the relief I felt that night that baby was safe, was overwhelming and by the next day, felt ok -- I'm now 12 days post-baby and my recovery has been pretty good as well....

My ob/gyn said that she did the clamps to give me the option of a possible vbac in the future, but my OH and I are pretty happy with one child and at my age (44), it might be difficult to conceive again!

best wishes

I had a planned section, and it was wonderful. The worst part about the actual surgery was getting the spinal in. (I'm overweight, and have minor scoliosis) The whole thing went so much better than planned. I was comfortable after, I healed very well, no problems with infection or anything. I truly believe it was because it was planned from the start, no chance for the baby to drop or anything!

The surgery itself was a breeze. No pain, just a little pressure. The recovery was as expected for major abdominal surgery. Painful but you know beforehand that it's going to happen.

In all honesty, after your experience, I would be petrified of a vaginal delivery!! Your recovery sounds worse than my section recovery. In most cases after experiencing vaginal and section myself, I'd tell ladies to try for vaginal... But a section is a reasonable option for yourself I believe.

I had an elective C/S for breech. I was deverstated when I found out. Now 15 days on I can honestly say it was a great experience. Get it in your head it will hurt for approx 2 days afterwards and that you cant get out of bed the first night for you baby and you will be fine. I actually feel I cheated birth a bit now as I dont even know what a contraction feels like! x

Honestly, a c-section was my biggest fear during my pregnancy.... so when, at 28wks, I was told I had a fully blocked cervix (due to placenta previa)- I was a bit panicked. But I finally came to terms with my situation and tried to make the best of it. What else you gonna do right?

However, it was such a great experience!!!! I wouldn't trade it for anything... lol. Even when I went into pre-term labor (a week and a half before my scheduled c-section)- I went into the hospital, and was examined and told they needed to get me in right away. So I was prepped and taken to the room for the procedure. The staff at my hospital was amazing- the spinal they gave me was nothing (just a little pinch- that's IT!)- and I have a big fear of needles... one of the nurses even held my hand when I asked and comforted me- but really, it was cake. The surgery was great and the doctors and nurses were all wonderful. So I have no regrets that's how my LO was meant to come into the world.

There were a few rough moments after... the itching was insane when my spinal wore off... and the pain took a bit to get managed (but once it was it was much better)... overall though, it was a great experience. Much much better than I would ever have thought possible.

Best of luck to you!!!!

Hello ladies

With my daughter my waters broke at 6.30 am. I had it confirmed at the hospital then went home. I had a hot Japanese meal at 2 and then they really kicked in after a bath. By 6pm i was 6cm and could no longer manage at home. I had passed out, palpitations and grey-think my body had gone into shock:haha:

I was having contractions one on top of each other. Anyway-bliss came when i had the first dose of an epidural. The third dose and 4th did nothing. I told the MW to check the epidural site ( i am a nurse and thought it may have fallen out with all my tossing and turning) but she ignored me. Anyway, after 90minutes of pushing LO finally arrived-then i passed out:haha:

I am then going to theatre after the surgeon put a finger through my vagina and it popped out of my bumhole:wacko:

After an hour of them topping up my epidural they took the dressing down to find epidural drug swimming on my skin-i was right! So i went to heaven with a spinal. Which was great as i was walking around again after two hours.

I had 90 stitches. I had a week of IV antibiotics, a week of fragmin injections, then got a DVT in one leg, had more injections, antibiotics, etc, etc.

5 days after coming home i was in the bath and i thought i was in labour again. The the water was red red with clots and blood. I got through 28 sanipads in the 2hrs waiting to be seen.

I went to the hospital and eventually got restitched and had more antibiotics, etc, etc.

15 months on i still cant properly feel my pelvic floor despite physio, urodynamics, biofeedback, etc. And i MUST got to the loo when i need to else i'l be incontinent! It is also very "tight" down there and painful in the recent weeks of this pregnancy.

The Professor who stitched me up told me a ceasarian would be better the next time round to avoid double incontinence, etc, etc.

I would love to see if i could experience a vaginal birth in a better way again but it the thought of all the problems terrify me.

But i am also happy to go with the advice. Just scared really-despite being a nurse!!!!!

Any good stories? And sorry for the long post!

Oh wow!!! Sounds like quite an experience!!! I'm sorry to hear about all the complications.

I actually posted my story on here after the birth of my son, hope you enjoy it and see the other side of giving birth:
https://www.babyandbump.com/birth-s...ned-c-section-but-great-birth-experience.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->