Any reason for a BFN after 4 positive?

Elfgirl87

Reaction score
Hello everyone, so I was certain I was pregnant. I took two tests Saturday and both came up positive. I every posted them on here and everyone agreed. I took two more Monday and they were both positive too. I've had bloating, lots of cm, nausea, and lots of dizziness and tiredness. I assumed I was pregnant. So this morning my period is officially late by a day (but I, not really regular anyway.) so I thought what the heck, I'll just take the last one. I wanted that big dark second line to show up. But I got almost nothing! I'm not sure there is even a line. I suppose it could be because my urine isn't concentrated enough or I used the test wrong. What do you all think? After that many positives is it certain I'm pregnant and this is just a fluke test? I'm getting ready to tell my parents and I wanted to be certain.

I should probably also add I'm not sure if I left the test in the urine for the correct amount of time and I used second morning urine.

I would test again in the morning. At a day late, you should be able to test at any time of day even with diluted urine if you had positives nearly a week ago, my advice is to give your gyn and call and ask for blood work. Ask for a quantative hcg test and to have it repeated in two days. It is most sure fire way to know if you having a chemical or not. Sorry you have to deal with this stress. Hugs and update us. We are here with you no matter what the outcome.

Do you have a pic of the supposed bfn?

I threw it away but I can try to get it later. I thought I did see a faint line, I just thought it would be darker and then thought maybe it was my imagination.

One more thing, I've not had any bleeding yet. I'm so scared now though. I really wanted this baby.

Take a deep breath and relax. :)
I find it unlikely that you would have so many positives and then nothing. Try retesting after a urine hold just in case or use FMU tomorrow. I wish you the best of luck and tons of baby dust.

Any chance of getting a digital today? I suggest either a fr gold digital or cb with weeks estimator. You might feel less stressed if you see the words.

Any chance of getting a digital today? I suggest either a fr gold digital or cb with weeks estimator. You might feel less stressed if you see the words.

I'm gonna go get a test on my lunch break in a bit. I just can't wait. It is stressing me out and I can't even focus on work right now.

Take a deep breath and relax. :)
I find it unlikely that you would have so many positives and then nothing. Try retesting after a urine hold just in case or use FMU tomorrow. I wish you the best of luck and tons of baby dust.

Thanks! This is stressing me out. I just left an abusive husband too who didn't want the baby and I want this baby so badly. I've wanted children for a very long time and was so excited to finally get pregnant. Thank you for giving me hope!

I just took a clear blue digit test. It says not pregnant. I don't know what to do, I'm devastated. Any chance it would be wrong? How did I get all those positives earlier?

Hugs! I hope it turns out well.

Overstepping my boundaries, I know you want this baby but if it doesn't work out there are always sperm banks. I have a friend who was in a domestic violence situation with her husband. He got really bad once they got married, but she wanted kids so badly that she let him father two kids before she left him thinking she was too old to go out and find someone else. She has a ten year restraining order against him and despite her felony dv charges against him and the fact that he abused the older daughter, he still had custody and unsupervised visits. He used the children to continue to emotionally abuse her and make her life hell all within technically legal limits due to their shared custody. He owes her over $200,000 in child support. He dragged out their divorce. So while your husband has shown abuse towards you, in order for him to lose custody or visitation you will have to prove he has shown abuse toward your child to keep him out of your kid's life. Her kids are 7 and 4 now and she is JUST OW (literally two weeks ago) even ABLE to FILE for full custody of the kids against the man who had her pinned down with a gun to her head in front of their oldest daughter. Her kids come back from his house in tears, they are scared s**tless to go to his house when they have to leave, they tell the judges and therapists they don't want to be there because he doesn't take care of them and scares them. And you may think he wants nothing to do with the kid, but he pays less child support the more he has the kid around. So just be very careful.

I just took a clear blue digit test. It says not pregnant. I don't know what to do, I'm devastated. Any chance it would be wrong? How did I get all those positives earlier?

They are less sensitive than a line test, but if you had positives almost a week ago it should say pregnant. Bleeding can take time to come on. I would ring your doctor and ask for bloodwork and/or an exam. Hugs

Last debbie downer post, I just don't want to give false hope. I went back to your testing thread and your line appeared after 5 minutes. A Walmart cheapie has a sensitivity of 25 while the FRERs have a sensitivity of about 6. If your cheapie (which had a line after 5 minutes) was a true positive, then your frer the next day should have been a blaring positive not a squinter. The new frers are also terrible at giving these indent lines that look like a positive. So it might be possible that they weren't truly positive. But I could be wrong. I still stick by call and ask for bloodworm. Since you are late they should be pretty agreeable.

Thank you. I just can't stop crying. I've wanted kids for as long as I can remember. I will see about getting a doctor's appointment soon. I fly out to another state for my grandma's funeral in a day. Great week, I lost my husband, my grandmother, and probably my baby.

I would try another test in the AM and/or go see your doctor and get blood work done.
I'm so sorry for what you're going through and hope everything works out well for you. :hugs:

I should also say that I took two more test two days later that I did not post and both had visible positive lines.

Big hugs to you hunny <3
I would schedule a doctor's appointment just in case so you can be 100% certain of what's going on. I still recommend a test in the morning though.

If it turns out that you're not pregnant, just know that there are so many women here who will comfort you. These times are so hard and that's why this community is here. We help each other through the good and the bad. No matter what, never lose hope. :)

Big hugs to you hunny <3
I would schedule a doctor's appointment just in case so you can be 100% certain of what's going on. I still recommend a test in the morning though.

If it turns out that you're not pregnant, just know that there are so many women here who will comfort you. These times are so hard and that's why this community is here. We help each other through the good and the bad. No matter what, never lose hope. :)

Thanks everyone for the support. This has been the hardest two weeks of my life. With leaving my husband and my grandmother dying and now this. I had just finally wrapped my head around be a single mother. I want to be a mother so bad and I know you all understand the feeling. I hope I really am pregnant. I've had symptoms and so many positive tests. Maybe I was off in the timing I ovulated? I don't know. My family is far away so I am glad to have you all.

Last debbie downer post, I just don't want to give false hope. I went back to your testing thread and your line appeared after 5 minutes. A Walmart cheapie has a sensitivity of 25 while the FRERs have a sensitivity of about 6. If your cheapie (which had a line after 5 minutes) was a true positive, then your frer the next day should have been a blaring positive not a squinter. The new frers are also terrible at giving these indent lines that look like a positive. So it might be possible that they weren't truly positive. But I could be wrong. I still stick by call and ask for bloodworm. Since you are late they should be pretty agreeable.

I know and understand. However, I took two more, both different brands, and they came up with faint positives as well. Plus I had so many symptoms I've never experienced before. I just don't know. I feel so let down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->