Any runners out there??

littletike

Reaction score
I had just signed up for a 10k a few days before my BFP and was wondering whether any runners out there are still training? I've googled it and the running sites say it's fine to continue but to listen to your body - I was quite inspired to be honest!! Finding it hard to get my butt into gear tho :haha:!!

I am a sort of runner. I was training for a 10km race when I got my BFP, but I opted to do their 5 km walk/jog. I wanted to take things easy and not push myself, so I've scaled back to jogging (when I can muster the strength) or brisk walking, but I've read and heard about women continuing to run well into their pregnancies.

Ive been advised by my mw that as long as im not doing any weights everything is fine :) so walking, running and cycling(not that i do much of any atm!) are all fine :) x

I actually signed up a year ago for Warrior Dash - a 5k with obstacles - that's taking place this coming Saturday. On Wednesday the 1, I got my :bfp:. I panicked, but was told that as long as I listen to my body, I should be okay. I'm taking it slow due to the obstacles, don't want to risk falling and hurting baby, but I'm still running it. Though my training has basically waned into nothing... because I'm lazy and tired like that. Whoops!

Hey! I am waiting for my BFP, which is hopefully in the next few days, but I am signed up for a 13.1 and I plan on doing it with bfp :) I think its okay as long as your body is used to the training beforehand. IF you have not trained for the race then now is not the time to start because of the new pregnancy (thats what my ob says). I think if you have trained then go at a lighter pace than you normally would or if you are not trained then jog/walk may be the best option. My friend is due in July and she continues to run 4-5 miles daily. Good Luck!! :)

I was starting to run a bit before I got my BFP. I haven't run since, but I will.

I am a big runner, but am currently lifting weights and doing only a few 2-3 mile runs a week now. I think as I progress, I'm going to back away from the heavy lifting and start running again more and using the elliptical. I read that keeping a 10 minute mile well into your pregnancy is usually safe as long as you check with your doctor first, keep hydrated and stop if you are feeling dizzy, faint, too hot or have shortness of breath. I read about it in the Mayo Clinics Pregnancy book. I also think the further along you are the more you need to slow down since your center of gravity has shifted so much!

I'm 23 weeks pregnant and continue to run 3-4 miles 5 days a week. I was doing more, but in the last few weeks I've found that its starting to hurt my lower back a bit, just because I had to modify my stride to balance out my enlarging belly. I was a runner before I became pregnant, ran normally throughout my first trimester and plan on continuing as long as I can into this pregnancy. Its fine to continue your normal activity level during all stages of pregnancy, the only warnings are to not start or increase a exercise regimen while pregnant that your body is not adjusted to.

Good luck on your pregnancy and on your race :)

Thanks ladies for all the replies. Wow there are some active ladies out there and some that have a-hem decided on a rest for a wee short while!! When I said a runner I am more a jogger at the 10 min mile mark so will try hard to keep going although done naff all this week except eat chips and choc!! Ooops!! :wohoo:

Good luck to all and hope to chat again soon!

P.S. still not updated my status from TTC but am 5 weeks on Thursday! :happydance:

Hey
Didnt do any races or anything, but was a pretty serious runner before bfp, i wanted to keep it up ~( at maybe a lesser extent as i did alot before) , and even though mw and all the info online seemed to say it was fine, my boyf was very unhappy about me doing it, and i just felt that as its both of our babies, i should listen to him. He said i should walk instead, which i do, but i miss running so much and feel massively out of shape!

Just take it steady and dont push urself hard at all. Im so jealous!!

Congrats on your BFP! When I started TTC I was already registered for a half marathon. I didn't end up getting pregnant until after the race but I asked my doctor ahead of time and she said it was fine for me to run it.

Enjoy the race! 10K is my favorite race distance.

I ran and lifted weights until 40 weeks! :)

I ran and lifted weights until 40 weeks! :)

Superwoman!!

I'm only 6 weeks and can't get off the couch- so tired!

Haha oh yes... I know that feeling, I admit it was sketchy in 1st tri. 2nd tri is so much easier tho, much less of a bump and more energy. Weight lifting was easier than running though :)

I did a 5k a week before my BFP, and was planning on doing a few others and a 4 mi run the following weeks. Since about a week before my BFP, I have been so pooped I haven't been able to train for another run. BUT I informed my midwife of my activity level, and she said I can keep doing what I was doing as long as I don't overdo it. As swanxxsong said, just listen to your body. :)

Hi ladies- I am a serious runner (2 half marathons)...its really nice to see so many active women on this thread. I usually run 5 -7k's on the treadmill twice a week and do a cross functional workout other days. I've been advised to avoid high impact workouts i.e. aerobics, jumping etc. Light circuit training with weights, running, elliptical is all fine.
Though I am only 4 weeks along, I found that on days before my :bfp: I'd get hot flushes if i really pushed hard on the exercises. So i plan to continue , but slow down...listen to my body!

KjConard-You and I have the same due date !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->