Any Scottish Mums due September 2021?

What aboht you are you finding out

Nah. We won't find out.

I think gender disappointment is so tough. But its definitely real. I was so desperate for my last baby to be a boy ( because he was meant to be our final baby and my son was desperate for a brother). I felt so awful about it. I couldn't even discuss possible girl names cos it upset me. I felt terrible that I was so bothered. Cos I felt I should be grateful to be carrying a healthy baby no matter their gender. But I couldn't shift it. In the end I just accepted that if they were a girl, I'd get over it as I'd love them regardless. We chose not to find out the gender too, knowing with an actual baby in front of me, the gender would hopefully be less important.
We obviously did get our boy, but I will never forget how I felt. I think its important to acknowledge your feelings and try not to feel guilty about them. I think if my son had been born a girl, I'd have been upset but I would have gotten over it. But I'd definitely have needed time to grieve.

Try and not let it dampen this pregnancy if you can x

Thanks hun. I think that’s my thinking behind not finding out as well that hopefully once here the gender won’t matter as much

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->