Any September 2013 babies?

Yay we got to Viability day yesterday, so happy to make it this far, saw the MW and booked my GTT test and 28wk MW appointment.

GTT test not fun I have one at 28 weeks, dreading it tbh. Hope yours goes well xx

I'm doing the GTT next Friday. Not looking forward to it either.

Got my 1 hour GTT results back today and the number wasn't good... 161. OB said it should have been less than 130. So now I have to do the 3 hour GTT. If the numbers are still up I will be officially a gestational diabetic :cry:
I am so bummed.

I did my GTT one hour at 22 weeks and passed. I need to do it again at 28 weeks, hoping to pass that one too!!!

Hi girls! Not been on in ages as have been busy with marking exams and writing reports for school! Hope you're all well! Can't believe next Sunday i will be in 3rd tri!

Hello ladies, what does the GTT involve exactly? I'll be getting mine scheduled when I see the MW Monday.

As far as I know, you drink a syrupy drink and get your blood drawn an hour later. It's to test how well your body breaks down sugar. If you fail that, you have to do a 3-hour GTT. That one involves fasting I believe. From what I've read, different care providers do them differently (some day fast the hour after you drink the drink, some say drink water, some day don't drink water, some say avoid sugar that day, some say changing your diet can lead to a false positive) so just listen to your midwife's instructions!

On a related note, is GD something that just happens or is it something that is more or less likely to occur based on the lifestyle choices of the pregnant woman?

As far as I know, you drink a syrupy drink and get your blood drawn an hour later. It's to test how well your body breaks down sugar. If you fail that, you have to do a 3-hour GTT. That one involves fasting I believe. From what I've read, different care providers do them differently (some day fast the hour after you drink the drink, some say drink water, some day don't drink water, some say avoid sugar that day, some say changing your diet can lead to a false positive) so just listen to your midwife's instructions!

On a related note, is GD something that just happens or is it something that is more or less likely to occur based on the lifestyle choices of the pregnant woman?

I drank an orangy drink then after an hour they did the blood test.

I was told to avoid sugars 24 hour priors and limit carbs, to eat more protein/veggies.

Yes, GD can just develop even if you are the healthiest eater...it really depends on how your body is handling insulin production. Usually GD goes away after birth.

I was told to avoid sugars 24 hour priors and limit carbs, to eat more protein/veggies.

Yes, GD can just develop even if you are the healthiest eater...it really depends on how your body is handling insulin production. Usually GD goes away after birth.

I'm generally a healthy eater that's why I was so surprised that I got such a high result. I have never had issues with my blood sugar. Now I'm just hoping the 3 hour test comes back normal. It's really stressful thinking about a possible diagnosis of GD. As it stands now I already have do deliver via C-Section at 37 weeks because of my risk of uterine rupture (I had a Myomectomy in 2007 that puts my at high risk) and if I also have GD,,, UGH!!! :dohh:

On a brighter note... I'm in double digits!! Two more weeks till 3rd tri! Time seems to be flying by. She'll be here before I know it :baby:

I'm generally a healthy eater that's why I was so surprised that I got such a high result. I have never had issues with my blood sugar. Now I'm just hoping the 3 hour test comes back normal. It's really stressful thinking about a possible diagnosis of GD. As it stands now I already have do deliver via C-Section at 37 weeks because of my risk of uterine rupture (I had a Myomectomy in 2007 that puts my at high risk) and if I also have GD,,, UGH!!! :dohh:

On a brighter note... I'm in double digits!! Two more weeks till 3rd tri! Time seems to be flying by. She'll be here before I know it :baby:

Well yeah on double digits, that is exciting!

It is an assumption if you eat helathy it won't affect you, they assumed since I am plus size I would have "issues" and well at almost 6 months I still forget at times I am pregnant! :haha: I am so fortunate to have weathered this pregnancy thus far with little complications...and passed my additional GD test they gave me early "just in case". Hoping the second one goes as smoothly. If it is any comfort they say the 1 hour has a high fail rate...At least you deliver sooner then later, less time to alter eating if you have to!

I've never had the GTT. It's only done here if your bmi is over average

I'm getting a GTT. The midwife gave me the orange drink and I have to drink it an hour before the test.

My appoinment was horrible. The M/w also went on about my weight gain and made me feel terrible...I came out really upset. I've gained about 12kg which I realise is a lot but I'm eating the same as I used to, I don't understand it. She threatened to put me on a diet :(

I've put on 12kg too :(

Has your midwife been on your back about it? Someone said my m/w is weight obsessed and I shouldn't worry but it's my first and I don't know what's normal or not. I don't think I look 'that bad' and I'm my biggest critic when it comes to weight....but she's made me feel gross.

Has your midwife been on your back about it? Someone said my m/w is weight obsessed and I shouldn't worry but it's my first and I don't know what's normal or not. I don't think I look 'that bad' and I'm my biggest critic when it comes to weight....but she's made me feel gross.

Aww so sorry hun I feel you though they have not said anything about my weight but I was doing SO good, only a pound every other week or so. This last week I gained 4! I am going to start not giving into my cravings again, see if that helps. I am not sure how much 12KG is but I am up 20 pounds, my goal was no more than 25 but it looks like it will be more like 30 :(

I don't get weighed! She asked me my pre preg weight but with all my pregnancies I've never been weighed. Try not to worry about it :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->