Any solo mum's out there?

Got my :bfp: this morning!!! :happydance:

Woooohoooo - Congrats :)

- And welcome to the tww Melody! I didn't have the egcm either - so that makes both of us!

Fingers x'd for a position for you at your workplace Caite :D Would make things a lot easier if you to have that security when starting to ttc.

Thank you! So excited!!

I can imagine!:) That happened quick for you! :D

How's everyone else? It's such a lovely day here today - after all the rain we've had, it's nice to have some sun :)

Had my 10 week sonogram. Lil peanut was moving all around. Was too cute!!!! Go back in two weeks for down syndrome test and to check my weight and nausea. Have lost 25 pds since I got pregnant. :( darn nausea!!!!!! :(

That's so awesome Birdie. I'm so happy for you!!!

Things are ok here KN. I'm feeling good today...sadly lol. I've been welcoming cramps, nausea and other possible early positive symptoms lol. How about you?

Congratulations Brandi.

Good luck Melody.

KN - thank you. I would be OK anywhere in the NHS (regarding maternity leave), I think. It would be handy getting a job where I am training as I know how that place works, but there are a couple of other places slightly further away which would be OK, too.

Thanks Catie :)

KN when will you test? A ttc buddy of mine wants to test 10dpo but I want to hold out till 14dpo

Hi! I am solo and would love to know how your process is going and if you used a really good clinic or there is a big website in the UK called Co-Parenting. I am thinking of trying that. Based in London area. Thanks and good luck.

Cranberry: Just wanted to know how you were doing. I just realised you said that you don't have a plan b in one of your previoud posts. Does that mean you wont be ttc next month? :(

Eloise: Hey welcome! Well im based in Berkshire, i didn't use a clinic for several reasons, one of them being the cost. I went with a sperm donor I found on a donation site. I researched a lot for years and spoke to my donor for months. If you have any questions etc, feel free to pm me.

afm: I'm feeling really doubtful about this cycle :( I feel like I may have screwed up my dates. My opks were positive but my bbt didnt rise. Today i did an opk just for the hell of it and it was pos again! Grrr I wonder if i had a false o due to stress of wanting to bloody o! lol

I'll lay my reply out the same way as you Melody rather than seperate comments for each message :p I usually test at 14dpo - 2 weeks after ovulation. But usually my monthly is so on time - that I don't need to test, I just wait till the witch comes - and then I know if I am or not. BUT I have been tricked; once back in may - I was 2 weeks late; and I took a test the day I was late and got a negative, and then when I was a week late - and it had a tiiiiny really really faint line, so I made a dr's appointment but my monthly came before the appointment. So we just rulled it as a mmc or something. A bit of a mystery. But then last month, I was 7 days late - so I tested and still got a negative. So this month I'll wait till my monthly, and if she doesn't come - then I'll test.
In terms of early symptoms? I haven't really felt anything either. Been drinking an incredible amount of water and still having a dry mouth, had a lot of reflux/heartburn, ewcm - which is weird (i have tested for ovulation, and definitely not that) - so some symptoms that could possibly be early symptoms, but I think they're just my body wishing it was pregnant, and making it's own symptoms up if that makes sense lol.

Birdlee - Thats awesome you got to see your little bub! Goodluck with all your tests etc :). Eugh Nausea is the worst huh! Not looking forward to that! Keep us updated with how it goes!

Eloise - Welcome! Unfortunately I'm based in NZ, so not a lot of help with clinics etc over there. But welcome to the page - it's amazing how many planned solo-mums there are, or solo-mums to be.

Hehehe it's just easier isnt it.

Well I think I'll follow suit and test when af is due. Although I cant speak for my future self. I can just imagine getting to 10dpo and not being able to stop myself from testing hehehe

Hehehe it's just easier isnt it.

Well I think I'll follow suit and test when af is due. Although I cant speak for my future self. I can just imagine getting to 10dpo and not being able to stop myself from testing hehehe

Hahaa it's so hard ae! Stupid tww. Wish there was a way to just know ;)
My tww is definitely a lot harder than most.
Been soo thirsty, drinking a lot of water (could just be heat related), Been experiencing nausea since Sat (worse in the morning and night, afternoon is alright), heartburn and reflux are settling in every time i eat or drink. I don't think it's pregnancy related - should still be too early to have such prominent symptoms. So just want to test - but i know that it'll just show negative - about 5 days until AF is due :/.

Aww KN sounds like you're having an intense tww, but I think the worse the better as they all sound like positive symptoms!

I've had a lot of back pain which is weird for me as I never get aback ache. I also decided to start doing opk's for no reason other than I have like 50 hahaha, they'v been positive since yesterday :/

I am a bit worried about a dull ache in my vaginal area lol. Has anyone ever had this?

Aww KN sounds like you're having an intense tww, but I think the worse the better as they all sound like positive symptoms!

I've had a lot of back pain which is weird for me as I never get aback ache. I also decided to start doing opk's for no reason other than I have like 50 hahaha, they'v been positive since yesterday :/

I am a bit worried about a dull ache in my vaginal area lol. Has anyone ever had this?

It has been intense! But I've been so let down by symptoms in the past - so I don't think it's pregnancy :(. I took a test today anyway (despite my best efforts not to test); And got 1 single little line. So while it still could be too early, my hopes aren't high. I used a Discover test - They're meant to be able to pick up hcg levels as early as 6 days before a missed period. So you would think that 3 days before AF due - it would show.
I guess I will get to test out my new ovulation predictor microscope thing then afterall!

And oh I haven't heard about an ache there before - but you never know! People experience all sorts of different symptoms. Weird that the OPK tests are showing positive! I've never used an OPK before - does that mean ovulation is coming when they're positive?

How's everyone else doing in their early pregnancy, wait to ttc or in their 2ww???

Aww KN I wouldnt give up yet. Not until you actually see af lol. I'm the same, I did a test yesterday at 6dpo. I have no idea what i was expecting to see hahah. Obviously it was negative.

The ache has gone, just irritable (insanely so) and ovary cramps today. Opk's detect an LH surge right before you o. They say it predicts o in the next 12-24 hours so you should definitely bd when you see a +opk. I have read that they can also pick up pregnancy hormones, but Im not sure how true that is.

Aww KN I wouldnt give up yet. Not until you actually see af lol. I'm the same, I did a test yesterday at 6dpo. I have no idea what i was expecting to see hahah. Obviously it was negative.

The ache has gone, just irritable (insanely so) and ovary cramps today. Opk's detect an LH surge right before you o. They say it predicts o in the next 12-24 hours so you should definitely bd when you see a +opk. I have read that they can also pick up pregnancy hormones, but Im not sure how true that is.

Yeah - it's hard waiting though! Was hoping this month was the month, in fact - funny story - my mum came home from the op shop with two peter rabbit body suits she found in almost perfect condition. She said to me, thought you lmight like these! But she doesn't even know I'm trying to conceive so it was weird hahaa.
I tested again this morning - since it's my "day to test" - but another negative. Used a different brand test too. So just counting down for af I think :). I'm due the 18th/19th.

That's interesting about your positive opk then - let's hope it picking up pregnancy hormones are correct ;) that would be cool for you! But as you said there are so many different stories out there and you never know until af is here! I use a saliva based o test - so it's a bit different too urine ones.
All the best for you! I hope your cramps etc mean something!!! Lots of baby dust your way :)

Lol i swear/ mums have some sort of 6th sense when it comes to their children. My mum is always doing things like that. Once we both bought the same phone for me on the same day. She's started warning me before she buys me gifts now, just in case i've already purchased it.

Sorry you got a bfn yesterday :( I'm still holding out hope for you though, until af shows.

I've got really bad cramps today, i can hardly get up. Feels like af but im only 9dp so i dunno.

Ho do saliva o tests work?

Lol i swear/ mums have some sort of 6th sense when it comes to their children. My mum is always doing things like that. Once we both bought the same phone for me on the same day. She's started warning me before she buys me gifts now, just in case i've already purchased it.

Sorry you got a bfn yesterday :( I'm still holding out hope for you though, until af shows.

I've got really bad cramps today, i can hardly get up. Feels like af but im only 9dp so i dunno.

Ho do saliva o tests work?

Hahaa yeah - They sure do! It was a pink bodysuit too - so maybe a girl is in my books! - Funny actually. My best friend often dreams about me with a baby, and it's always a girl. And the few dreams of a baby I've had - It's always a girl too. So that'll be interesting to see hopefully in the near future one day!

That's funny about the gifts - my dad always asks me what to buy me. So i know what i get every year for xmas, but i hardly ever spend christmas with him - so it's no biggie.

Hmm - Cramps have been knowing to be a common symptom. Often people don't realise they're pregnant, and just think AF is coming. But then going by symptoms isn't really easy - coz everything can mean pregnancy if you think about it! All my symptoms are gone, aside from regular headaches - but summers approaching. So could be that. Getting a negative yesterday was a bit gutting, coz i would say I'm gunna be in for another cycle (or few more) - but as you said, not counting out until AF is here. Trying to stay positive though!

Ps - Saliva tests work similar to most opks with how it detects the hormone etc - just in stead of causing 2 lines, it causes a little fern lol. They're reusable as often as you like too - so that's good! They're a little microscope thing - like the size of a lipstick, and you put a little bit of saliva on the lens and wait for it to dry, then you look through it with this little light and it shows you whether you're ovulating or not - approx up to 3 days before O day. When you're not ovulating, you just see tiny little dots. The closer to ovulation - you see little ferns - the more ferns the closest to ovulation you are.

https://www.maybebaby.com.au/maybe-baby-easy-ovulation-tester&sub=interpreting-your-results

Here's a link for the maybe baby one - which is the one I have :).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->