Any Soy Ladies out there?

Hi Stinas,
Unless youre fastidious about measuring things out (or the exactness is not that important right now) I would take the pills and then monitor my soy products intake. Soy Iso's dont have anything else in them....your soy products do. So unless your product labels are very detailed (and I prolly still wouldnt trust it for this), you really cant be sure of how much "plain soy" your getting in each serving. It would seem to me that your mg values would be off if you used soy products to get the dosage levels that are needed to imitate clomid. Remember, the ratio is approx 2:1 (120 mg of SI = 60mg of clomid). Also, too much soy can be counterproductive to fertilty, so you might want to keep that in mind as you look into uisng soy for your ttc journey.
HTH!:winkwink:

Thanks inhishands. Sweetspice was asking but good info!!

So....does anyone know what ACTUALLY happens if you take vitex with soy? I've read all over the internet that youre not suppoosed, but I cant get a real good reason for why not. I forgot about that when I started my soy on day 2, so for the first 4 days I took vitex and soy together. Ive read they will "cancel" each other, but I just cant see how. Anyway, I may have blown it before I start! Anyone have any experience with this and been okay?:cry:

Okay, event though I seem to be here by myself, thats okay. Maybe some other lady will stumble across this old thread and be blessed :kiss:
Well Im on CD 10 and my ovaries HURT! I havent felt anything like this in at least 10 years. I remember when I used to feel the ovulation process ramping up and oh how I hated it! Now, well praise the Lord! My last pill was CD 6 so I should O sometime between CD 11 and CD 16. Took an opk today and it was dark but not as dark as the control. Again, this is a huge blessing because I dont usually get that. Also, temps looking very good, although I had a weird jump this morning. Hoping its just the increase LH or sleeping too close to DH the hot box:winkwink:
My dosing: CD 1-4 120 mg CD 5 160.
God bless and baby dust to all! I'll post back

Hi

I didnt want to read and run, I used to look on here before i was taking clomid. Im not able to let you know much about Soy as i ended up going on clomid and then finally getting my BFP au natural!!

Good luck with everything and I really hope the soy works out for you

:dust:

xxx

Yes if you have too much soy it might be bad for you, but there is actually no evidence to back that up(no studies on humans, only animals). But if you only take soy in the beginning of your cycle and stay away from it the rest of the month it can actually boost estrogen and promote ovulation. Doc said it's like 'nature's clomid' if taken (soy isoflavones 80mg) for 5 days in the beginning of cycle (example, CD 2-7, 3-8, or 4-9)

intersting- was thinking for next cycle if it comes around

Hi there, i wondered if anyone could give me some advice please, I have pcos and have bought some soya isoflavones to see if it can help me to get pregnant. I will be starting them tonight and will be taking them over the next 5 days (days 4-8 of my menstrual cycle) I've bought the Holland & Barrett brand. What I'm a bit puzzled about is the bottle says each capsule contains 750mg, but the way i read it is that it's 23mg of Isoflavones plus whatever other ingredients it's made up of, does anyone else take these ones and if so am i right in thinking that its the 23mg per capsule that i need to take into account for each dosage? I've included the product information below, i just want a second opinion really just to make sure i get enough but don't take too much, also what dosage would you recommend to start off with? Many thanks. Michelle :0)

Product Information
Each capsule contains:
Soya Germ Isoflavones Concentrate (Soy Life™) 750mg
standardised to contain 3%
Isoflavone 23mg
and 3% Saponins, 23mg)
Typical Soya Isoflavone Composition:
Daidzin & Daidzein 12mg
Glycitin & Glycitein 7.0mg
Genistin & Genistein 2.5mg
Soya Saponins 23mg

can anyone take this? like me... whos impatient and fed up of seeing neg tests lol

hi there, im thinking of taking soy. I have severe pelvic organ prolapse (2nd degree uterine, 2nd degree rectal, 3rd degree bladder prolapse) and progressing endometriosis, so been advised to have our last baby sooner rather than later. (the POP cant be treated until im done with kids and endo increases risk of infertility). Anyways, the problem is that im not currently ovulting because i am BFing (DS2 is 8 months old). I dont want to give up BFing until he is at least 1 year, so i am hoping the soy will help. i dont have cycles and im charting and taking OPKs. ...hope this works...need to read back through this thread to see if its helped..i have no idea how much i should take. ...and is it okay to stay anytime since i dont even have cycles?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->