Any Soy Ladies out there?

I think you need to give your body a lot more than a month or 2 to get back on track after BC. Putting more stuff into it will likely make things worse than better. I wouldn't mess with it at all yet, honey. Just give yourself some time. BC isn't a happy substance... You might have a few months to wait for things to get straightened out... but that might be necessary so your body is prepared to carry a pregnancy. Let nature take its course for a little while... I wouldn't look into anything until at least 6 months. Wishing you tons of luck though! :hugs:

I think you need to give your body a lot more than a month or 2 to get back on track after BC. Putting more stuff into it will likely make things worse than better. I wouldn't mess with it at all yet, honey. Just give yourself some time. BC isn't a happy substance... You might have a few months to wait for things to get straightened out... but that might be necessary so your body is prepared to carry a pregnancy. Let nature take its course for a little while... I wouldn't look into anything until at least 6 months. Wishing you tons of luck though! :hugs:

I agree, wait 6 months after coming off of BCP. Those things can mess your body's natural flow up big time, especially if you have been on them for a long time.
You might find that your body regulates your cycle naturally by the 6 month time period. If not, try the soy!

Hi Girls,

I dont have any problems ovulating as far as i know but we have been ttc for over a year now wth no luck so i have some soy to try to see if that helps. i have a 28 day cycle and normally ovulate cd14

i have 40mg tablets so would you start on a 80 mg dose or 120?? im on cd3/4 today so going to try it tonight. any help would be appreciated xx

I wouldn't... If you have a perfect 28 day cycle with a textbook CD14 ovulation, the only soy is probably going to do is mess it up. Perhaps you should consult a doctor if you've been trying unsuccessfully for a year... But, I don't think Soy is the answer for you, sweetie. I can't do you any good... only harm, probably.

Congratulations megg I see your expecting! My little soy baby arrived on the 18th and she is just perfect!

So happy for you that you got your bfp! Happy and healthy pg to you! X

Congratulations megg I see your expecting! My little soy baby arrived on the 18th and she is just perfect!

So happy for you that you got your bfp! Happy and healthy pg to you! X

Thanks, honey! Congrats on your little Soy Bean! :hugs: I went the IVF route in the end! But, we're ecstatic!

oh bugger. the drs wont do anything for another year...

Sorry, sweetie! :hugs: I hope you get your BFP way before the next year is up!

oh bugger. the drs wont do anything for another year...

It's worth a shot, contrary to what Megg said (sorry meg! :flower:) even if you ovulate it doesn't mean that everything in your cycle is perfect, or you may not have a strong ovulation. It can make your cycle longer, but it helps promote a bigger, better ovulation with increased progesterone during your TWW which can help a sticky baby. Don't forget that many, many ovulating women are put on Clomid to help them achieve pregnancy for this very reason.
Make sure you get OH's sperm checked if you are in fact ovulating. So many people forget that 40% of infertility is caused by the man's sperm.

^^thanks sweetie i decided to give it a go for a cycle and see what happens il monitor my body and do opks i cant chart due to a disability i have which means i barely sleep. i took 120 mg so well see what happens. i kenw some people took it to boost ov i just couldnt find any to atually chat to - most people on here take it when they have problems ovulating- but that not my issue.

its different in the uk, my dr wont even do basic bloods till we have been trying 18 months-2 years and then there is a 6 month wait in my area just to get referred x

Hi schnoodle - I took soy to boost my ovulation, and I really felt it. Didn't do me much good mind you - as me taking it didn't have the power to increase DH's sperm count!

Your doctor is an arse.

lol thanks hun, he is an arse but thats just how things seem t be over here xx

I really hope it does help. Nessa is right... It doesn't mean your cycle is perfect. I just know that it could go either way when there's not a super obvious problem. I really, really hope it works for you!

Glad you decided to give it a try. Just remember your cycle will probably be a little longer and since it can increase progesterone in he LP your LP might go a little longer. Also your boobs will probably be super sore after Ovulation and feel heavy! It's all the extra progesterone.
Good luck honey!

thanks for the tips hunny! it seems to be making me horny??!!! oh, and moody! xx

Hi there, was hoping someone can help? Have been trying to conceive for just over 5 years, Have been under fs for a year and was seeing doc for about 18 months before that and wasn't too worried in the 2 years before that due to having 2 ops and family stresses. We have been put in the unexplained category but have had a couple of low progesterone tests, OH's SA fine, lap and dye clear apart from 2 small spots of endo. Fs will not prescribe clomid so was thinking about trying the soy isoflavones, my cycles are anything between 24 to 28 days but i start spotting between 3 and 5 days before af arrives. Which days should i take them? and how many mgs? I have bought some from tesco today they are 40 mg capsules but after reading the ingredients it says containing 10% soya isoflavones. Sorry this is long winded but wanted to get a bit of back ground info up as i really don't want to mess this up, any help would be much appreciated, thankyou.x

I am on my 1st round of soy. I had read that it made a difference if you gradually upped the dose over the 5 days so that's what I've been doing. Tonight is my last dose and I was wondering if anyone else who took it felt twinges in their ovaries while taking it? I used to feel twinges when I ovulated but now I have a tiny cyst that "leaks" so I feel a little pain off and on all through my cycle and can't figure out if its from my ovaries going into overdrive trying to get a eggy ready or if I wouldn't be feeling that until time to ovulate? Either way I'm excited. I have read so many positive posts about soy!

I felt ovary twinges when I took it, yes. Its pretty normal.

Anyone get a BFP by taking Soy? I'm going to try it for the next cycle and start temping as well. Read through many posts and just wondering if anyone noticed an improvement in ovulation due to take these supplements?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->