Any tips :)

Darlin65

Married with a Munchkin
Reaction score
I am trying to get in a little better shape. I don't really need to "loose" weight necessarily but I def want to lose some of my extra flab and cut back on bloating without going diet crazy. So far I have transitioned with what I am drinking... Rather than constantly having a cola in my hand I have one small cup of coffee in the morning, and then for every can of pop or two I have I drink a bottle of water next(big step for me, I never used to drink water just pop) I am trying to cut out the extra sweets and things I eat too. I also got a new pair of sweats yesterday so I can start going for morning walks. I am actually really proud of myself, just cutting back on the pop has really cut back on my bloating and helped with my pudge I have:happydance: I am very welcoming of any healthy but yummy dinner ideas you have. I am not big on veggies which makes it really hard but I will try almost anything once:thumbup:

Good for you for making a big change for your health :)

Doing morning walks is a really great idea! I do my workouts in the mornings as I feel that it helps to get me set for the day ahead and it helps me feel less tired during the day too.

About the bloating, I also suffer from this, usually after eating carbs. I find that carb free dinners in the evenings help to combat the bloating. For example, you could have chicken breast with veggies, or chicken breast with salad etc for that meal.

If your after toning your flabby areas, not so much weight loss, why dont you do some weight workouts.

All I have is a little bit of a gut I am trying to get rid of and I don't want like abs or anything just a flatter tummy

www.sparkrecipes.com is a great website for healthy recipes. You can even take your normal recipes and make small changes. That's what I do, and Ive lost over 60 lbs not cutting anything out. Here are some substitutions that I have made to help cut calories:
Ground turkey instead of ground beef
Whole wheat tortillas instead of regular
Fat free refried beans in mexican dishes instead of ground beef
Chicken instead of pork
Extra Virgin Olive Oil instead of veg or peanut oil in baking
Sugar free coffee creamer (if you use liquid)

That's all I can think of right now. But it's amazing how small substitutions can make a big difference. I LOVE food and don't want to cut out anything, I just eat it in moderation and alter recipes to cut a little calories here and there. Good luck!

I'm not a huge fan of vegetables in general, but one thing I've found is that if they're cooked well, they taste so much better and are so much more appealing! Instead of doing bags of frozen stuff, try buying fresh. For instance, we make caluliflower by slicing the whole head up into slices 1/2 or 3/4 inches wide, drizzling them with olive oil, salt & pepper, and then roasting them until the edges start to brown. So delicious!

I am a huge Diet Coke addict but for the 2ww I've given up all soda and it's shocking how little I miss it. Instead I'll have a little glass of orange juice. They say artificial sweeteners can make you crave sugar anyway, so I just cut straight to the sugar and leave out the chemicals, LOL.

Good luck! I'm just like you... I just want the tummy to go away! For me the key is to find healthy food I actually like and then make sure I always have it around. Even if it means eating the same thing for lunch every day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->