any vbac due hopefulls refusing a repeat section?

sarah0

Reaction score
they want to book me in for a section at 42 weeks if nothing has happened by then and i have refused because i want a natural birth as much as possible, the thought of never experiencing it is gutting i was induced with my first as went overdue which failed into a long labour and a section at 9.1/2cm. im not 5 days overdue and feel like nothing is going to happen an really want want a section and whats worse is that they cant even induce me in any way due to my scar. anyone else been in the situation and what did you do?

I'm planning a VBAC and won't let them book me in for a repeat cesarean. If I go over again I'm planning on booking myself some accupressure to induce labour instead, maybe something to think about? You could still have a sweep if you wanted to. I'm going to go with natural ways first before I consider anything else.

Good luck, hope things start to happen soon :)

My hospital will induce me if sweeps at 41 and 42 dont work.

But have informed me of the increased risks of ur.

thanks for replies, ive had 2 failed sweeps, cant even reach cervix, another try on friday have had sessions of reflexology, is that the same as accupunture? how are they going to induce you? do you know what with? ive been told they wont induce me, the consultant im under wont, but theres another one that does induce vbac but they said one consultant wont overrider another so i dont know what my right is. so they have said no. so im stuck with monitoring after 42 weeks and really dont want it to go far past that nor do i want to give in to a section as its my last chance to experience it in my life!

Your rights are to refuse anything thing you want to refuse.

have they given you a good reason not to go postdates?

Considering you arent over due until over 42 weeks and you can have monitoring there is no reason for them to push you into anything you dont want.

When I went to the VBAC clinic I made the woman go through what the procedure would be and it was sweeps at 41 and 42 and then typical pessary, AROM and then synto drip if needed. However they would hope to avoid the synto drip.

I am going to decline any induction other than a sweep though, if I go post dates and by that I mean 42+ then I'll have monitoring and wait.

It may seem that nothing is going to happen but you are only 5 days over 'due' keep positive and things will happen, you are allowed to say no to a CS and you are allowed to wait. If you did labour last time and did get to over 9cm then your body knows what to do -I did the same slow labour got to over 9cm anterior lip left, EMCS joy. Trust your body it can and will labour when the time is right - relax.

if you've had failed sweeps then baby isn't ready, do your dates differ from the dates given to you at scans?

wss ^

I'm supposed to book a date for a cs at 42 weeks but am refusing :winkwink:
I was 18 days "overdue" with DS - induction and failure to progress - got to 2/3 cm dilated - had cs :wacko:

This time if I go "over" I'm going to refuse any kind of induction and just wait - I'll probably go for the scan to check fluid. I recently met a woman who had a homebirth at 44 weeks! Obviously if there's a problem then I'll do something, but otherwise I figure LO will come when they're ready. :haha:

i had emcs 6 months ago- def want vbac in future. my friend told me there is a new induction- like a tampon they put in and if contractions are too strong then they can just take it out... not sure what its called but replaces the gel/pessary that once in can't be stopped. maybe you could ask about it. your rights are you can request to see another dr for second opinion xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->