Any1 had a positive OPK BEFORE bfp??

tashalouiseb

Reaction score
Anyone get a postive opk before hpt... I did an opk yday and today and they were positive but i did a hpt yday and today and there was a very very faint line which im assuming was an EVAP. Any one had anything similar happen to them? If so what was the outcome? BFP or AF :(. Thanks in advance ladies. Lots of :dust: xx

With both of my prior pregnancies I did, but I've also had them get dark right before AF arrived as well. Here is a link to a post with my pics the last time i was preg and used opks as hpts.

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/t...xperiment-opks-hpts-hpt-added-plz-look-2.html

My opks were negative when I got my last BFP but the bfp was super faint and turned out to be a chemical. if you look at that site peeonastick.com she shows her OPK and HPT progression and she dident get a + opk till the BFP was obvious. so some ladys can have a +opk before the BFP and some dont.

well I just did another opk and its positive... Confusing!! As af is due today or tommorow :/ hmm guess its just a waiting game now but not very hopeful :( thanks ladies xx

*zerri how come you think that? On other sites most people say its normal to get a +opk before af? :( If i was preg then i would have got a positive hpt by now wouldnt i?? :) x

AF due today. No sign of it and another +opk this morning!! WTH lol x

i have no htp until tomorrow... what do you all think? this one is from this afternoon also took one this morning and was dark, thought opks didnt really work with fmu ?? They have gotten darker the past few days and now positive ... confused :s lol xx

Attachments

• CIMG0008.jpg
    CIMG0008.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 143
opks can pick up the hcg hormone as well, so they will also show a positive or a medium strong line if you're preggo. When I got my bfp at 9 dpo a few years ago, I took an opk first and it wasn' tpositive - but there was a pretty strong line on it. I think if you took an hpt now you should be able to get something. As far as I know, it's not common to get a positive opk before AF? There can be a secondary estrogen surge (which is why some women get ewcm before AF), but I've never heard of a secondary LH surge - that only happens prior to O. I've taken opks before AF on my non-pregnant cycles and they've always been negative.

Let us know what happens!

opks can pick up the hcg hormone as well, so they will also show a positive or a medium strong line if you're preggo. When I got my bfp at 9 dpo a few years ago, I took an opk first and it wasn' tpositive - but there was a pretty strong line on it. I think if you took an hpt now you should be able to get something. As far as I know, it's not common to get a positive opk before AF? There can be a secondary estrogen surge (which is why some women get ewcm before AF), but I've never heard of a secondary LH surge - that only happens prior to O. I've taken opks before AF on my non-pregnant cycles and they've always been negative.

Let us know what happens!

I have never heard of either! And as you can see from the pic it is quite positive! lol And this was taken late morning start of afternoon cant remember exactly! Its sooo confusing! I may nip to my pharmacy and get a hpt , but dont want to be dissapointed so im going to TRY and wait it out . Will keep you updated!! xx

When I got pregnant I was taking opks everyday (I had just had a m/c and didn't want to wait a cycle in between). I had normal pos opks mid cycle for 2 days (normal for me), then negative ones for 5 days, then they went back to being semi-positive for a few days and eventually clearly positive for a few days before I decided that I might as well take a HPT which was a faint positive. Then along came Baby Cameron :)

When I got pregnant I was taking opks everyday (I had just had a m/c and didn't want to wait a cycle in between). I had normal pos opks mid cycle for 2 days (normal for me), then negative ones for 5 days, then they went back to being semi-positive for a few days and eventually clearly positive for a few days before I decided that I might as well take a HPT which was a faint positive. Then along came Baby Cameron :)

This gives me hope!! But i took a hpt with FMU yesterday (13dpo) and if anything there was a very very faint line.. So i out it down to evap as it should have been quite dark at 13dpo right?? So im not sure.. But this is sooo confusing. Ive NEVER had a +opk before af before. they normally go neg a day after ov and stay that way. Im going to get a hpt now and will keep u updated! Is it safe to test with afternoon urine at 14dpo?? im not very hopeful! But i want a bfp more than anything after my m/c in july :( after trying for 2 years!! Thanks for all ur help ladies xx

I had a very strong positive on an OPK and then got a BFP the same day. I have also known people that have got postives on the OPK around AF time and wasn't pregnant so only way to know would be to do a HPT.

Good luck!

This explains it quite well

https://www.peeonastick.com/opkhpt.html

I just did a hpt. Faint line within 1-2 mins!! :O not getting my hopes up thoo as was a cheap test so could have been an evap as was faint?? i did use tea time urine thooo. Going to wait a few days and test again if the :witch: doesnt show !!! lots of :dust: to all you lovely ladies!! xx

Here it is ladies. Taken at 5.10pm!! x

Attachments

• CIMG0008.jpg
    CIMG0008.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 252
I had a OP show as positive when I was pregnant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->