anybody doing/done the 5:2 diet?

Kirsty1003

mummy to Isabelle
Reaction score
Has it worked for you? Im thinking of starting this next week to destroy the last of the baby weight.
Also if anybody has any examples of meals they ate in a day thay would be great!

You eat as normal for 5 days, then only 500 calories for 2 days.
My auntie has lost quite a lot of weight doing it, but she also had a fair bit to lose. I think i'm going to give it a try but I only want to lose about 10lb so not sure how well it'll benefit me

My friend lost a bit on it. I just couldn't function on so few calories, even if it's just two days x

I am doing it - the weight loss is slow like 1lb a week - but I find the fast days pretty easy (400 cals I do) and it fits so well with the rest of my life

I also find the fast days make me more conscious of what else I and eating and eat smaller portions as a result.

I have a cup of tea - skimmed milk! for breakfast and lunch and a ww meal 250 cals at about 7 - and water and diet pepsi as well.

Oh wow, I could never do that. Do you work and do it? I'm not sure I'd be able to function at my job properly, lol. Good luck, though.

Lost 3lbs so far, not got a lot to lose either so its actually working quite well.
I think the results will slow down now the initial drop has happened so to speak, im actually finding the diet days pretty easy.
Like someone else said it actually makes you more conscious on the normal days so I think its just generally making me healthier!

Yes works very well for me.

I'm starting it again today as I put on about 3-4lbs of flab during my short pregnancy.. so feel doubly horrible now I've lost the baby and got stuck with a flabby belly and muffin top! A few lbs makes a huge difference at this weight!

Have a real mental battle tho. I want to eat crap because I feel a bit sorry for myself, but by the same token want to be strong and feel comfy in my size 10 jeans again!

Fasting today, will be having quorn sausages with steamed vegetables and sweet potato for dinner.

I know once I do a day, I'll get back on the 5:2 wagon!!

it is slow -- a friend of mine has done it for 18 months and dropped 3 dress sizes (now constant at same weight) and its now a way of life for her - this is what I hope to achieve

I have done 4 weeks and lost 5lbs which is not amazing but is easy to keep up I even run on my fast days and do not feel rough at all

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->