Anybody else really offended by people pointing out that you aren't a mother yet!?

NMyshyniuk

1st Baby, 2nd Trimester
Reaction score
I have been off bc for 12 months, ttc for 6. I have a lot of friend's with kids who act like their lives are SO much more important than mine because of it, lately I am offended by it like crazy. The littlest thing can make me lose my mind. When my friend's say "well, you don't have kids".. thank you captain obvious!! I would love nothing more than to have a baby and don't hide it! Even strangers; in the salon last week I was told I must have all my Christmas shopping done because I don't have kids... really!? It has nothing to do with the fact that I get really excited about Christmas and started my shopping in October!!

Yes, I hear it all the time and it irks my last nerve. I absolutely hate the statement, "You wouldn't understand since you don't have kids." Or "when you have kids you'll understand." Irritates me.... it isn't for a lack of trying!

I know its slightly different for me I have one child who is 8.5 I'm married and we are ttc my dh first .....for me .... I work as a nail tech everyone always asks me these questions in order
Do u have kids?
Just one?
Are u gonna have more?
Why just one?
Is he ur husbands?
Do u want more?
When are u going to have another?

......**crickets** awkward. Every day 10-15 times a day!!!!!

Ahhh yesssss it's so frustrating!!! Some people are so insensitive!!!

I totally understand! Before I had my son, I got those comments all of the time. It definitely drove me crazy because we had been trying for quite a while and were doing fertility treatments. Now that I have one, people who have two or more tell me that I do not understand things because I only have to worry about once child...irritating!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnneMariena
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->