Anybody else terrified about NT scan?

Mummy of Ange

Reaction score
Ive got my dating scan next week along with my NT scan and the closer its getting im getting more and more nervous.

When i was pregnant with Scarlett i didnt have the NT scan, but at my 20 week scan they said her nuchal fold was 7.4mm when the maximum was 6.0mm, so i spent the remainder of my pregnancy a nervous wreck. She was born at 39 weeks perfectly healthy.

This time round, we have decided to have the NT scan done to try and stop the constant worrying, but im a wreck. I keep thinking what if its a high risk measurements, what is something is wrong etc.

Im 34 (35 in March), so age isnt on my side!!! x

I'm 33 and have my nuchal next Thurs at 13w. Having to go private as nuchal is not offered here in NI. Hubby is 45 so I can't relax at all until we get the results. Also our first baby was lost to a neural tube defect so we need to check that the skull is ok - my dating scan was slightly too early to check the skull had ossified ok. Losing my mind!!

this is my third child and both othrs have been perfectly normal. but for some reason i am really scared for my scan next week, so scared i keep crying about it :wacko:

fking preggo hormones, not coping pah!

I was very nervous as well but I have read that even if it is out of the normal range it doesn't mean there is an issue 100%. Of course the worry from that point would be awfully stressful regardless. We had blood drawn the same day for the free fetal cell dna test that screens for all syndromes so I was glad the NT scan went well so I wasn't as worried waiting for the results for that test.

I'm terrified too! My scan is in 7 hours (it's 3 am and I can't sleep).

I think it's normal to be scared though. For me I think that reading too many forums and googling just makes everything so much more stressful...

Need to sleep now instead of google..

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back