anybody tried progesterone cream?

Ju_bubbs

Proud single Mummy of 5!
Reaction score
well, since I'm not entitled to fertility testing on the NHS coz I already have children I thought I'd do some of my own research on chemical pregnancies and reasons etc... and came across low progesterone and oestrogen dominance, which may be a reason my fertilised eggs aren't implanting. It turns out that the symptoms include breast tenderness, bloating, spotting or temporary reappearance of af, depression, fatigue, hot flushes... All of which I get during the 2ww, and every month after af has gone away, i start spotting the day after for a couple of days! the last few months since I've had +v3 tests from around 9dpo up till af I expected theses symptoms, but this month I'm on 15dpo and due on tuesday, and getting negative tests... yet still have all these symptoms!

So I've ordered some natural progesterone cream to try, anyone had any lick with this, or know if it can do any harm etc... any information at all really!

Well, I do know that if you do choose to take, you must keep taking it throughout your first trimester, or you run the risk of inducing a miscarriage. I myself considered it for my 11 day LP with spotting, but decided against it, instead taking B-Complex which I am really happy with. If you have a progesterone problem though, you probably have either a luteal phase defect (LPD) or a normal, but short LP. An LP of 15 days does not sound like a progesterone problem to me. Is this how long your normal LP is?

A lady on here just got her first BFP, but didn't get it until 18dpo. She tested at 13dpo and got a BFN.

Hi Ju,

I've been reading up and researching a lot on the usage of Progesterone to help sustain pregnancies in ladies with low Prog level during the first trimester. Thats after my 2MCs (ended at 5W3D and 5W). I'm hoping to get a BFP for Xmas, and the minute I get a BFP, I'm going to insist for a blood test to check my HCG and Progesterone level (I'm going to have to do it myself and pay for it, though).

If my blood progesterone level is low, then I will definitely sit it out with my OBGyn and get Crinone to help me in the first trimester. At around Week10-12, the placenta will take over the functions of producing hormones to sustain the pregnancy, so we dont need external Progesterones after 1st Trim.

From my research, I've read that Natural Progesterone cream is safer than injected and oral forms - as it only effect the uterus. And IF your blood progesterone is low, then it is safe to supplement with creams. IF your blood progesterone is normal - I really dont think you should supplement anymore. Using cream will increase the progesterone to very high levels in the uterus, and as the effect is local, it wouldnt show in your blood tests (very dangerous coz it'll be difficult to monitor exactly how much the uterus has absorbed). So.... it all depends on the blood test??

I wish you luck!!
PS. Its difficult to get an OBGyn who's cooperative enough to do a 4Wk blood test and weekly follow-up blood tests for Progesterone level. I have this thought that they'll think I'm OCD.

PS. Lowish Progesterone in early pregnancy is also a sign of doomed pregnancies (and not necessarily the cause of pregnancy). In view of the fact that you've had children, its highly likely that you DONT have LP defect or low progesterone level

well, since I'm not entitled to fertility testing on the NHS coz I already have children I thought I'd do some of my own research on chemical pregnancies and reasons etc... and came across low progesterone and oestrogen dominance, which may be a reason my fertilised eggs aren't implanting. It turns out that the symptoms include breast tenderness, bloating, spotting or temporary reappearance of af, depression, fatigue, hot flushes... All of which I get during the 2ww, and every month after af has gone away, i start spotting the day after for a couple of days! the last few months since I've had +v3 tests from around 9dpo up till af I expected theses symptoms, but this month I'm on 15dpo and due on tuesday, and getting negative tests... yet still have all these symptoms!

So I've ordered some natural progesterone cream to try, anyone had any lick with this, or know if it can do any harm etc... any information at all really!

EXACTLY what I go through every month!! And I get the faint lines too!

Thanks girls, the lpd is the only sign of low progesterone that I dont have. my lp is 17 days, which I know is perfectly normal. But then I have really short, light periods, and as said in my first post, the day after it ends, i start spotting again for a day or 2. I've also starting producing a small amount of breast milk throughout the month for the last year or so too, which is a sign of oestrogen dominance. The reason I've turned to a progesterone prob is coz of the fact that I do already have kids, all of which I conceived without trying, whilst on bcp, so figured the reason I'm having chemicals every month is more likely to be a hormone problem than a physical one, since hormone levels can change for all different reasons. I think I might have to have a word about this to my gp before i use it.. maybe she can do a progesterone test on the nhs rather than sending me to a gyne which i have to pay for!

any update on trying this?

i have just been reading about it.. i have PCOS, and last blood test showed that my progesterone was really low.. was that just because i hadn't ovulated, do you think?

i have finally ovulated - should i be thinking about taking progesterone/going back to the GP and asking about it or getting other test, or should mine rise now that i have ovulated?

I think that if your going to self prescribe you should get professional help,I did infact take progestrone cream for a while, but through my Homeopath..which also can trick your body in believing that you are infact pregnant... so no AF...so get some advice first...:hug:

Ju-bubbs. I know it is a long time, but any news? I have exactly the same symptoms, have been pregnant twice in the last 7 months, but lost both babies (8.5 and 5.5 weeks). I am nearly 40 and am hoping against hope I may have one more chance for a bundle of joy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->