Anybody TTC for 12+ months?

Hi I have been ttc for 31 months now. I had surgery in January and had 9 fibroids removed, and surgery again in may to remove scar tissue, we are currently trying on our own for 6 months. I am currently 7 dpo.

Brit- Everyone's experience with the HSG is different. I would necessarily call it painful I would describe it as uncomfrontable, you feel cramping when the catheter is inserted. When they insert the dye into the tubes thru the catheter you feel lots of pressure but as soon as it's over there is usually no more discomfront. My FS gave gave me a perscription for something to relax me that I tood 1hr before the procedure, and I took tylenol 30 mins before the procedure. Afterwards I was able to go on with my day and actually go to work after the valium wore off.

Good luck, I hope it goes really well.

We got given the options of:
a) Nothing
b) Tamoxifen
c) IVF.

IVF wins hands down, can't wait to start but I'm sure it'll be a few months away yet O:)

I've got my HSG booked, AGAIN lol
22nd Sept, can't wait to be honest, I'm such a weirdo :haha: I love getting tests :thumbup:

My next appointment is 28th Sept , but tbh I don't expect much. . .
I've only seen him once and we've seen OH's 3 times and waiting for a letter for our fourth O:)

:kiss: :hugs:

OMG you are a weirdo :rofl:! Does all sound quite exciting though. I wonder how long the waiting time is for IVF.

I was told that once I have my HSG done, the consultant will review the results and then decide what they're gonna do with me. I don't have any appt as yet but DH has to do another sperm sample next month, which will be 3 months since he quit smoking. I also have CD21&27 bloods to do this month.

Ta for that Futuremommie :thumbup:. It's good to hear about a better experience. I made the mistake of heading over to the LTTTC section and found a thread with a load of awful ones. I should have known better :dohh:. I am glad to be having it done, albeit a tad bit anxious but I'll just be happy when it's done and dusted.

OMG you are a weirdo :rofl:! Does all sound quite exciting though. I wonder how long the waiting time is for IVF.

I was told that once I have my HSG done, the consultant will review the results and then decide what they're gonna do with me. I don't have any appt as yet but DH has to do another sperm sample next month, which will be 3 months since he quit smoking. I also have CD21&27 bloods to do this month.

Ta for that Futuremommie :thumbup:. It's good to hear about a better experience. I made the mistake of heading over to the LTTTC section and found a thread with a load of awful ones. I should have known better :dohh:. I am glad to be having it done, albeit a tad bit anxious but I'll just be happy when it's done and dusted.

I know! lol :haha:
I'm hoping three months. . . but that might be wishful thinking O:)
And three months would probbaly be Jan, cos of christmas and everything but our angel was due in jan so I'm hoping it'll be sooner, in December sometime :flower:

OMG so today I had the HSG done and :yipee: - been given the all clear. In fact the consultant told me that he has no concerns with me (which totally lifted my spirits). He thinks we just fall into the section of those that take up to 2 years to conceive... Great hey?! No, I do definintely feel relieved that it's all done though. He did tell me to contact him again in 6 months if no pregnancy and then we'll be put on the waiting list for IVF.

OMG so today I had the HSG done and :yipee: - been given the all clear. In fact the consultant told me that he has no concerns with me (which totally lifted my spirits). He thinks we just fall into the section of those that take up to 2 years to conceive... Great hey?! No, I do definintely feel relieved that it's all done though. He did tell me to contact him again in 6 months if no pregnancy and then we'll be put on the waiting list for IVF.

Aww :happydance: for your clear tubes lol

I got my letter confiming that I do have my HSG booked for 22nd. . . not an alutrasounds :haha: :dohh:

We got put on the waiting list today! :happydance:

:kiss: :hugs:

The waiting list, that's for IVF right? Does it indicate how long you're expected to wait? I think they should give an estimated time 'cos then at least you've got a rough idea. Or am I just being impatient? I'm dying to know.

Yep for IVF, he told us 18 weeks.
With that running over christmas I do actually expect it to be a little longer but I'm not bothered we're on the list O:)

:flower: x x x x

Hello everyone, I am on cycle 12 ttc#1. my hubby and I didn't want to get to much into timing things, therefore I didn't really chart or use opk until cycle 10. This month I am feeling down. It was hard for me to hear the dr say "we should refer you to a fertility clinic"
I have an appointment on Oct 9th.

Is any one in the same boat? How where you feeling when you got referred to a fertility clinic?
I am very iffy about taking synthetic hormones, so hope that the fertility clinic I am going to will first investigate everything before I am put on meds.

This is a subject I am not comfortable to share with my friends and family, so having a buddy here would be awesome.

Good luck to you all. xx

Well just to update, today had a consultation and doctor was optimistic we'll have our treatment BEFORE christmas :dance:

R4N feel free to share on here, it's what we're here for, to listen and hopefully help in some way. Good luck with you FS appt. I was a bit different in my experience, I was actually really excited to have our appt. I just wanted to know if there was a problem, which now we've been told there isn't but that still hasn't made us conceive. I just wanna get a positive hpt to start with.

Maaybe.... OMG that's fabulous news :yipee: :yipee: :yipee:. I've already got a countdown to Christmas (I'm a child at heart) so that means it'll be LESS than 2 months, 3 weeks and 6 days before your treatment!

Thanks Brit, my husband says the same. He believes that it will give us some answers.
I feel in the past year we were trying but not really. I don't even know when I ovulate and we thought we should enjoy the baby making phase, not just do it because we have to due to timing. Just started charting.

I wish all of you luck and will keep checking for good news :)

xx

R4N feel free to share on here, it's what we're here for, to listen and hopefully help in some way. Good luck with you FS appt. I was a bit different in my experience, I was actually really excited to have our appt. I just wanted to know if there was a problem, which now we've been told there isn't but that still hasn't made us conceive. I just wanna get a positive hpt to start with.

Maaybe.... OMG that's fabulous news :yipee: :yipee: :yipee:. I've already got a countdown to Christmas (I'm a child at heart) so that means it'll be LESS than 2 months, 3 weeks and 6 days before your treatment!

OMG that sounds so scary!! :shock: :haha: :dance:

So I'm feeling really cheesed off today and as it's about a week before my period is due this is totally normal for me. I've decided to start charting again 'cos it's just painful not really knowing exactly when I ovulate and the control freak in me wants to know if we've bd at the right times. The fs told me to do away with charting 'cos they found it stressed people out but I'm finding that taking the carefree approach is even worse. Even DH agrees that temping was better 'cos we both knew where we stood.

Anyway other than that it seems that this month has been really busy with so many people around me having their babies. Yes I'm really happy for them but I'm avoiding FB like the plague atm 'cos I'm getting fed up with all the updates. I know, I know... I'm a right miserable cow (tomorrow I'll be better I'm sure).

Hope everyone else is in a better mood than I am.

I'm the same! Couldn't deal with not knowing if we DTD at the right time! :haha:

Hope you feel better soon :hugs:

I've been trying for about 15 months now with no success......i've recently seen a fs, my DH did a seman analaysis all was normal, i did a blood test all was normal, ultrasound showed ovarian cyst (not too concerned, i had an ultrasound in decemeber for pains and it was normal) awaiting repeat ultrasound and HSO appointment.

I'm getting very frustrated with the whole thing... Seems like everyone around me is having babies or is getting pregnant ERRRR.

This is so frustrating and i always thought it would be easy.

Just bought OPK so we will see how this goes, on day 11 of my cycle so unfortantly i have to wait until day 1 to being.

Been using a fertility monitor with no peak the last 4 months. I'm about to just give up i think.

Can I be a buddy? I am in cycle 22. I have 2 cats but would love to add a human to my family. DH is perfect and I have moderate endo. We have had 3 losses but still no baby. I am due for AF tomorrow. My cycles were a regular 28 days but for some reason are now 24 days apart. I've tried Clomid in the past and it has done NOTHING for me but give me terrible side effects. I am married to a great guy who adores his nieces and would love to give him a child.

Can I be a buddy? I am in cycle 22. I have 2 cats but would love to add a human to my family. DH is perfect and I have moderate endo. We have had 3 losses but still no baby. I am due for AF tomorrow. My cycles were a regular 28 days but for some reason are now 24 days apart. I've tried Clomid in the past and it has done NOTHING for me but give me terrible side effects. I am married to a great guy who adores his nieces and would love to give him a child.

We have three cats! :haha:
I was never bothered by cats but as soon as we out ours I love ALL cats :dohh:

:kiss:

they are like chips you can't have just one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->