Anybody using SMEP method this cycle? Buddies welcome

Eternity

Mum to 9yoDD (&NTNP)
Reaction score
I am on CD1 after a very confusing time last cycle.

Was sure I had O cramps on cd15, had loads of pg symptoms but AF finally got me today making last cycle 34 days.

After a duscussion with hubby, we have decided to use OPKs and SMEP this cycle.

Anyone else using SMEP?
Have you used it before, and are able to offer advice?
Are you new to it and have questions?

Let's support each other to our :bfp:s

:hugs: and :dust: to everyone!

I still 6-7 days off for the start of af (which will hopefully not show, but.. I like to plan ahead).
SMEP will be new for me. FX'd for BFP's!

Well I really hope you don't need to SMEP because you'll get a bfp this cycle. But if not you're more than welcome to stick around here on this new journey.

Hi eternity and other ttc ladies... I finally founf this thread. Just got the iud out today. I expect to ovulate within the next.week or so. Doc said I should be ready to guve it a.try since af has been regular the whole time I had it in. let the smep'ing began

welp tried out the opk just to se and it gave me an O cant wait to get the :)

I did SMEP for the first time this cycle. I also took EPO because I have zero CM without it. I also use the digital smileys, sure do love to see that smiley face!!!
Good Luck Ladies!!! :thumbup:

Oh, one more thing...I did Softcups along with SMEP for the first time.

momto2 sorry to hear about your mc. how were the soft cups? think you will use them again?

Thanks Mandy, glad to hear from someone that has already used SMEP, the rest of us are newbies lol.

I've got the opk with the smiley face, need a digi one so I can't mess it up lol.
Just hope it arrives by cd10, when I'm supposed to start testing (although my cycles are slightly longer than the average) as this double bank holiday means I've no idea when to expect the delivery.

I would love to join you!!! I am cd 1 and also already have a child. This is our 2nd month of trying and we will be using OPK and the SMEP method this time around. I have a 32 day cycle :):dust::dust::dust:

I think I am going to have to use OPK's like crazy this month (first month ever) I had a 32 day cycle but this is my first cycle off birth control since I was 15!!!:blush: Then when I was 19 I got pregnant on birth control and went off the pill but then the day he was born went right back on. So really I haven't had a true period in 10 years, and have no clue what my cycles are. Let's hope that the Smep method works out for us this month ladies!!!So let's do lots of:sex: and get our :bfp:

I am startong to spot more after getting the iud out. Not sure what that means for me being that I am.sjppose to o in the next week.i will keep testing. Hoping it doesnt make me skip my o. Goodluck ladies baby dust to all

And of course its interfering with us smeping

momto2 sorry to hear about your mc. how were the soft cups? think you will use them again?

Thanks.
And yes, I will use them everytime I'm in my fertile time till I get my BFP. They are very easy to use, love that it's something that helps at the end and does not interupt the actual "deed". :haha: And they are very affordable, $8.50 at Walgreens and there are 14 in the box.

I have been using the digital smileys for about 4 months now I think, I LOVE them! They have really helped me get more in tune with my body also. I found out I ovulate very regularly and only use 4 sticks a month to catch the smiley and save on the sticks.

So how is it going fellow SMEPers?

I'm pretty sure I'm already out this cycle... On cd8 which should have been the start of every other day until positive opk, well I did my opk and got a positive!!

Thank goodness I didn't wait until day 10 to start using it!!!!

So we followed the last part of SMEP lol, dtd 3nights in a row, day off today and then once for luck tomorrow.

So I'm planning ahead to a proper month of SMEP next cycle, but starting day6 instead!!

Such a short cycle this month but hey, at least that means I'm not waiting very long until we can try again!!

Good luck to you all....

This was my first month using SMEP, and Softcups, got my :bfp: at 11 dpo on FRER and Clearblue digital!!!
Thank You Jesus!
Good Luck Ladies! SMEP works!!!

This was my first month using SMEP, and Softcups, got my :bfp: at 11 dpo on FRER and Clearblue digital!!!
Thank You Jesus!
Good Luck Ladies! SMEP works!!!

Wooooowzers congrats! Happy and healthy 9months.to.you

Well done Mandy!! :hug::hugs: H&H 9 months to you and bean!!
Hopefully some of your lucky :dust: rubbed off on the rest of us!!!

Think I will have to search for these softcups, I've heard a lot about them.

Hooray for another SMEP success!!!
Helps me feel more positive (well for next cycle)!!!!

Congrats!!!!

Ladies I have a question? We are on CD9 today and my huisband asked if we are allowed to do other "things":blush: on the days that we aren't trying? Is that ok to do, or does that defeat the whole point of the SMEP method seeing as he wouldn't be waiting 2 days for his sperm to build up?

Good question soccergirl, and honestly I have no idea.

I thought it was every other day to allow the sperm to mature, but having said that you're then supposed to do it 3 days in a row after pos opk....

:shrug:

Do you have any idea when you usually O?? If you're still a few days away it shouldn't hurt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->