Anyne else keeping their legs firmly crossed until September?

I held off trying for our little baby until January so I could avoid the school situation. As a teacher myself, I would like my baby to be older in the school year and this was important to me. I've taught many children born in July/August and they've been no problem, it's just a personal choice for me.

Absolutely do not want my baby born in August. (although it would be way to early anyway)
Much better to be the oldest in the year than the youngest, espicially for their emotional needs

I was born in late July and did really well at school.

My partner is really hoping that baby will hold on to September for the school reason. Not sure we are on the same level though!!

x

We held off trying until January for this very reason. One of my best friends was born in August - I was at her birthday party earlier and she is very vocal about how much she hates being August born (she was having a good rant earlier about the very subject) - not only did she feel not ready to make big life decisions, everyone is on holiday/at weddings etc for her birthday - literally 6 people out of the 12 she invited today couldn't make it. Obv I wouldn't want baby to come before Sept either as it was be far too early xx

Nope. The sooner i have this baby the better imo. I hurt from top to toe and quite frankly i'm sick of the pain i've been in for months now. Besides, i was an August baby and it didn't hold me back.

It's down to the child.... I'm a teacher and have 1 that will be 3 on 21st sept, she is very intelligent and very ready for school (nags me every single day and she doesn't mean daycare or nursery, she wants to go to school)..... But can't go yet. I'm 36 weeks with number 2 (due 10th sept) and if he/she comes in August I really won't be bothered at all. Worst case scenario, they do the reception year twice and stay back a year. Don't get hung up on it, september borns aren't all the bright ones and August all the ones that struggle. I know plenty of August stars!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->