Anyoine else sick of the color pink?

TicToc

Reaction score
This will be my second daughter, making it a total of 2 boys and 2 girls, but I am not a 'pink' person. I have tons of pink clothes from hand me down and have bought some at rummage sales because they were cute or functional or whatever, but I have also bought some 'boy' clothes from rummage sales and told a friend with a boy who offered his hand me downs that I would be fine with it. Is anyone else having a girl but not really Team Pink? My friends think I am nutty for wanting to put boy clothes on a baby girl. My response is always to tell them to stop trying to box my child into gender roles before they are even born. :haha:

I think when you have daughters, pink is inevitable because that is where everyone goes. But - I really try to balance the pink with blues, greens, blacks. Thankfully the people who most often give us clothes (DH's parents and aunt) have followed my example! If you opened my daughter's clothes drawer right now you'd see mostly blue and purple stuff, with some pink and other colors as well.
I'm not a huge fan of pink anyway, so the balance thing works well for us.

*Raises hand*

I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that my stepdaughter LOVES pink. I adore my stepdaughter, don't get me wrong... but her dresser looks like a bubble gum factory. We only really let her dress herself on the weekends, and she usually has pink on the bottom, pink on the top, pink socks and shoes, and a pink bow in her hair. Blegh.

So when we did her room, we chose purple and zebra-striped bedding. No pink! Now that I know LO is a girl, I can match: https://www.amazon.com/Purple-Beddi...=1379015941&sr=8-1&keywords=zebra+purple+crib (I don't plan on going THAT crazy... just the crib skirt and valance, really).

DH and I agree: For this baby, no princess stuff, limited pink. It's just our personal preference.

It'll be hard, especially considering the fact that our stepdaughter is queen pink. When we buy her clothes, they're usually white or gray or purple or plaid or something to that effect. But her MOM on the other hand gives her all the pink. She has this one outfit I like to call "butterfly sparkle ruffle explosion." Nothing wrong with that, just.. not my taste.

And I was raised with no princesses, either. Personal choice.

I am =/ that's why I chose a "boyish" theme for the nursery too, I don't mind pink in small amounts, depending on the shade, but oh man at my baby shower I swear almost every outfit I got was pink, I am grateful but whoa that's a lot. So I am planning on going out and buying some blues/greens/purples, something to offset the pepto bismol/easter pink look in the dresser right now lol

I love dressing my girls in pink, but I also dress them in boy clothes. One day they look like princesses and the next they look like they're heading out to play basketball :haha: I have no desire to make them wear only one style or color. They'll be allowed to pick clothes from whatever section they want when they're older.

Glad I am not alone! I admit I did like the girly shopping after my other DD was born because has two older brothers and I was really sick of Power Ranger underwear. But I am so over it now. LOL

And I hate the whole princess thing too. I just played with bugs and roadkill when I was little so I always tried to stay away from the princess stuff but people never let me, the 'gifted' her with Disney mania. She went through a spell when she was all into it but now as a teenager she is definitely not into the overly girly stuff anymore. I hope I get that lucky again. :D

I love pink and have gone into overdrive with dd, if she had her own room it would look like the easter bunny threw up pink haha

But im glad this baby is a suprise because i'm making things in lots of different colours and have really enjoyed shopping for all the different coloured yarns and materials

Yup I'm sick of pink! I won't know for another 3 weeks what this LO is but everything I have bought so far has been grey, yellow, white or green - I even bought a cot bedding set that is blue, green and yellow. I just can't face another pink room in the house -going to feel sorry for this baby if its a girl as its getting nothing pink from me although it will have a million and one hand me downs from DD mostly in pink.... DD who is a tomboy and I swear is going to grow up to be a rugby player or a wrestler :)

Opposite problem, with BLUE. So I know what you mean, everything is blue, or has bloody cars on it :/

Opposite problem, with BLUE. So I know what you mean, everything is blue, or has bloody cars on it :/

I remember this when my son was born, I got so annoyed in Marks & Spencer at all the baby blue stuff Ggrrr. Thankfully it's got better as my son's got older.... there's a lot more choice!

I am having a girl this time and although I like think I'm girly, I think I am girly in a non girly way iykwim :haha:..... I love to wear skirts/dresses/make up/jewellery and do my hair nice (some days!) But all the dresses/skirts are dark and non-pink colours (mainly blue actually! :dohh:), the makeup is subtle and the jewellery usually from surfy shops made of leather or wood!

I am having fun choosing girls clothes atm as it's tricky when you don't like pink and frills and fairies etc.... I have found lots of purples/greens/reds/yellows (and some not too bad pinks!).. all with spots or stripes on, or little flowers. I have kept all my son's trousers and plan on teaming them up with girlier tops :)

I don't mind some pink and some girly things, I think the fact that I never got to wear girly clothes growing up I feel like I missed out a bit :haha: however that being said, I find that clothes now is either boy or girl, theres no in between, I remember being a kid and our clothes were like unisex :haha: so my daughter wears some pink, but also, yellow, blue etc.

Honestly this is a small part of why I want to stay team yellow. I don't like pink and I don't want a drawer full of frills if its a girl! But it's hard to find the inbetween! Nursery is lion king so def neutral if not a bit on the boyish side!

Yeah. Girl number 5 here. I have BEEN pinked out for awhile now. I don't buy a lot of pink stuff anymore. My babies wardrobe consists of some pink, some purple (I love purple), black, blue, yellow, orange, and any other color I can find that is obviously girl's clothing but a different color! I shop online for a lot of my stuff so I have done pretty well this time around finding some variety.

I've just been going through all the hundreds of pictures on my phone and apart from pyjamas, I can't find a single one of my DD wearing pink! I think I must subconsciously avoid the colour!

There's definitely plenty of non-pink little girl clothes out there. I like to put Olivia in blues and greens but with girly things like flowers on so she still looks a bit girly. I tend to get a lot of her clothes from next, they don't do a lot of pink there! :)

I don't have any kids yet so not 'pinked out', but I know if I have a little girl I won't want to use a ton of pink. Hubby and I spent some time at Babies R Us the other day pricing out strollers and cribs and other big stuff and everything we plan on buying will be gender neutral. I know we'll want more kids so buying everything pink now and then needing everything blue next time would just be silly. My sister has a little girl who is 1 1/2 years and I do buy her some pink, but I try and get blues or purples, maybe some greens. No reason why a girl only has to wear pink or a boy only blue. I know I'll buy a mix of colors no matter what gender we end up with, just not yellow as hubby really hates that color. :haha:

This is my first and I am already pinked-out.
I was a class A tomboy. My dad just dressed my little brother and I the same. We had a basket of socks a basket of jeans/overalls and a basket of t-shirts. We'd run down to the laundry room in our underpants and my dad would put us through the kid dressing machine.
Then we got a mom and she was horrified at my zero dress wardrobe. She went berserk on pink, ruffles, disney and the like. Plus it was the 80's/90's, so it was extra ridiculous.
Of the grandkids there are two girls and five boys. My mom, bio-mom and grandma are all sick of boy stuff and anxiously awaiting an excuse to spend 8 years and 4 boy babies worth of pink energy.
I am already a little dreading this baby being a girl because of the inevitable pinksplosion.
I have been stocking up on neutral/boyish hand-me-downs. Hoping to curb the inevitable.

It's sad to admit, and I'm not ungrateful but I CRINGE at the thought of my mother sending baby clothes. This is my 4th, I've been in the game with her before. She picks out the most hideous things. Not JUST pink, but gaudy, odd, ruffly stuff that is just awful. LOL

It's sad to admit, and I'm not ungrateful but I CRINGE at the thought of my mother sending baby clothes. This is my 4th, I've been in the game with her before. She picks out the most hideous things. Not JUST pink, but gaudy, odd, ruffly stuff that is just awful. LOL

THANK YOU!

I'm beginning to feel like I'm losing my mind. I send my stepdaughter to school in clothes that are girly (cuz she's girly)... but understated and tasteful, I think. For example, this morning, she went off in a beige top with a graphic of girl leaning on a stack of books, a grey skirt, beige polka-dotted tights, Mary Janes, and a black polka-dotted headband. Fun patterns, a teeny bit of sparkle, minimal pink.

Her mom always sends her back to us looking a little cray cray, truth be told. On Saturday, for instance, she got out of the car in this purple dress with a short frilly tutu attached to it, pink shiny shoes, a costume pearl necklace, and these lopsided pigtails at the top of her head.

And I'm thinking... does she think this looks good? Clearly we have very different tastes. What can I expect though? The kid's mom was on her way to a wedding... wearing a tube dress with see-through lace panels under the boobs.

I'm not saying one leads to the other. I'm just saying I don't have a great association with all the pink and sequins and ruffles.

OH MY. . .LMAO

My mother favors strange geometrical patterns with clashing colors. I swear she must go out of her way to find the oddest things. When I lived in the same town it was worse. Now that we're 1000 miles away I can take a pic of baby in her stuff, send it to her and not take her in public. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->