Anyoine else sick of the color pink?

My mom is the queen of the pink ruffle fairy vomit.

When I was in college, she would send me presents. Well, she would send SOMEONE presents. I'm pretty sure they were for some other daughter that I don't know about.

A leopard print throw pillow with black sequined ruffle with my initial on it emblazoned with glittering rhinestones. A cell phone dock in the shape of a high heeled shoe with pink feather boa around it. Just a few of the gems. I can generally expect to toss/donate about 1/3 of the presents she gets me.

Yeesh. I can't even imagine the stuff she'll try to dress my girl kid in.

The thing is, I love her. It makes her happy. She never had the chance to dress a baby up in those crazy ass clothes.
I won't let her force anything on a child old enough to choose, but it won't kill me or my baby to be in some ugly ass frou-frou outfits every once in a while.

That doesn't mean I'm not hoping like heck for a boy!

I hate pink lol!
So if I have a daughter we will lean more towards pretty
purples, aqua etc lol she will have some pink stuff but not a lot until she decides what colour she'd prefer to wear :)

Mee.
That's another reason I'm glad I didn't find out, no one can buy me pink clothes :haha:

Put it this way I am so glad I have no girls as everything is a sea or pink for girls. Its not as bad with boys. A lot of Myles stuff isnt blue he has a mix.

I hate pink too and I am so glad I stayed team yellow for dd and will for this one too. Lots of gender neutral things. Our nursery is woodland creatures. :)

Another thing I have noticed, other than colors is that there are girl and boy themes. DD really likes dinosaurs and it is hard to find anything that has dinosaurs on it that doesn't scream boy. I imagine it is hard to find boy clothes with cats or heaven forbid if a boy likes butterflies or flowers!

Yep its hard. My oldest likes Ruby Gloom he wanted the cat ion it on a bag and the only one we found was the main character surrounded by hearts so we had him a bag made just with the cat he liked on it. Alex wanted a cat toy for christmas last year, all where pink girly looking things. We found him a cat teddy in the end. He likes hello kitty too and has pink wellies because they dont come in any other color we could find here anyway. I hope more toy people move away from that color as they have stopped gender marketing in some stores. Also there is always more girls clothes than boys in shops.

Opposite problem, with BLUE. So I know what you mean, everything is blue, or has bloody cars on it :/

Same here! I'm over the blue, sports, cars, etc. That's why I made his nursery green and brown. I couldn't imagine how I'd feel having a girl. I hate the color pink.

I have always hated pink...especially that soft baby pink that is associated with baby girls. Growing up, my favourite colour was always purple. But blue and green are high on the list too. I think I like blue better now. If I MUST choose pink I will go for a fushia or magenta or pair it with red (I love red) or with blue. I don't like the idea of dressing a baby girl in boy's clothes but I like the idea of more gender neutral tones or blue tones like turquoise.

I must admit, if something is pink and dark brown it doesn't bother me. I love dark brown so it kind of cancels out the pink....for whatever reason.

And yes, cars and trains on the boys clothes are ridiculous. That would drive me just as crazy. But I do like the blue and brown clothes so I do have some of those, and some camo stuff. :D

Yep its hard. My oldest likes Ruby Gloom he wanted the cat ion it on a bag and the only one we found was the main character surrounded by hearts so we had him a bag made just with the cat he liked on it. Alex wanted a cat toy for christmas last year, all where pink girly looking things. We found him a cat teddy in the end. He likes hello kitty too and has pink wellies because they dont come in any other color we could find here anyway. I hope more toy people move away from that color as they have stopped gender marketing in some stores. Also there is always more girls clothes than boys in shops.

I hate this! In some stores I shop at, the girls section has 4 aisles or so and the boys has one! And I'm supposed to find something I like??

Though I like the cars and trains on boys clothes. :blush: I don't like the sports stuff though because neither dh or I are athletic and it would ring false to have our child wearing shirts that say "daddy's all-star" or things like that.

I can't stand pink! My OH's mother got us some baby grows, and a few are blue. I told OH that i'll still put them on spud even if they turn out to be a girl, and he told me not to try confusing the child from birth! I resisted the urge to punch him in the belly!

I can't stand pink! My OH's mother got us some baby grows, and a few are blue. I told OH that i'll still put them on spud even if they turn out to be a girl, and he told me not to try confusing the child from birth! I resisted the urge to punch him in the belly!

What in the world? :haha:

I wore blue the other day, and I was very confused about my gender all of a sudden. Everything was all topsy-turvy. I thought to myself, "I can't be pregnant! As my blue blouse demonstrates, I am a dude!" ...Ended up catcalling people at a football game. :p

Seriously? There's a lot more to being a girl than wearing pink. There's a lot more to being a child than identifying as a boy or a girl. And I highly doubt babies care either way. This is just stuff we project onto them.

I'm sure your OH knows all this and just said something silly. :)

I'm not a big pink fan...ever! I tend to have many more bright and funky clothes for LO; very sixties style colour clashes etc-when I look at my daughter I want to see fun colours! Lol. I'm not anti pink and if LO wants to wear nothing but pink when she's older I'll (begrudgingly) accept it! Most of my friends and family know how I feel about what colours I like so the tend to just buy me stuff they think ill like, with the odd acception of something cute in pink! Lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->