Anyone 37 and TTC after a miscarriage?

hey ladies

well Im on the rollercoaster again! Hoping its 3rd time lucky for us - yikes! x

Hi ladies I am 43 and been ttc for five years,have had 9 mc,but haven't got a bfp in a year,already have four gorge kids and am desperate for another :hugs::hugs:Xxx

Congratulations Rowan - hope everything goes well :flower:

Hello ladies - I am new to this thread as well. All of your stories are so heartbreaking and I hope this will be a better year for all of us!!

I will be 37 on Friday and DH will be 40 next month. We have been TTC since August 2009 but did not really start talking to my OB until about a year later. After doing some testing on us both (which was normal) and starting to track my BBT I got pregnant in the 2nd month of tracking. (I really think we were missing that small "window of opportunity" before we were tracking) In December at about 12 weeks I had some bleeding, went in for an ultrasound which showed that the fetus was only at about 8 weeks 1 day. I was scheduled for a D&C the next day. I got AF about a month later and started trying again. In February I was pregnant again and then last month at about 6 weeks I had another miscarriage (natural)! Ugh! That was the worst pain I have ever been through!!!
I have now been waiting for AF again so we can start trying. I am currently at day 36. I know many of you mentioned messed up cycles after a MC. Should I be worried yet? I have been reading that it can take about 4-6 weeks for AF to come back but I am almost to the 6 week mark. I guess there could be a very slight chance that I'm pregnant but I doubt it and have no symptoms.

Jessie

Hi Jessie,

Welcome to our little group and I am so sorry for your losses.
I too started TTC in August 09 and fell pregnant in June 10 only to start bleeding at 12 weeks, the same as you.
I also had a D&C and it took 12 long weeks for AF to return. Are you sure that you passed everything with your m/c? I have heard of people having tissue that remained inside which prevented their bodies from returning to normal.

I hope that we can support each other as I am very aware of my age (36) and it is nice to share these concerns with people who understand.

I hope everything returns to normal for you soon :dust:

Thanks NewToAllThis! Sorry for your loss as well.
It is great to have others in the same boat to share these experiences with and ask questions, altho I wish we were all meeting under better circumstances!!!

I believe that I did pass everything with my M/C last month. I went to the ER (I was in horrible pain) bled for about 10 days and then followed up with my OB for a couple weeks after for bloodwork to ensure that my HCG level went back down to zero. Would there be any other indication that everything did not pass that I should be looking for?

hey Beachchica - after my first mc it took weeks until I got a bfn (even after a scan to check there was nothing left in there) - but then after my last mc I ovd 2 weeks later and had AF v shortly after - so its hit and miss - I know a girl who didnt get AF for months after her mmc but I also know people who have got pg that same cycle

fingers crossed all settles down for you hon x

Thanks Rowan 75 - I have continued to check my BBT daily and my chart looks nuts this month. It seems like I was low earlier in the cycle and they high later in my cycle which would look like a normal cycle. The past week I have had several very steep changes down and back up, similar to an OV peek but there have been multiple. I keep thinking the jump down will be AF arriving but then the next day it's back up so I am patiently waiting... :wacko:

I think you should be fine if your levels have been checked and returned to zero.
My doc said to me that some people just take longer than others to get back to normal after m/c.
AF will show when she's ready - or a bfp maybe!

AFM - 13dpo and bfn this morning :cry:

I'm sorry Newtoallthis, i had BFN's on 11dpo :(
AF isn't due until friday (15dpo) so i am clutching at some small hope i tested too early but i doubt it.
I guess we are not officially out until AF arrives :hugs:

Thanks Dee x

Beachchika, I am using a Clearblue Fertility Monitor. I've been using it for the past five months or so, and before that I used ic ovulation sticks.
I have never temped as I am quite an erratic sleeper.

I don't use anything - i go by natural observations - like when i have the most clear slippery cm - i just BD lots around that time.
I don't temp as you should (each morning before getting out of bed after at least 4 hours solid sleep) but i find if i take my temp during the afternoon it is always higher after O anyway.
Also my boobs start to get tender the day or so of ovulation/day after.

I have a 35 day cycle and tend to O around CD20-21 ish :)

Thanks ladies. I have been doing the BBT and have had success both times (BFP in 2nd month of tracking.) Now if I could just working on keeping that BFP for 9 months!!!! :shock:

So I am on day 38 since my m/c and just because I am getting anxious I decided to take a HPT today (just to see) and it came back BFP.

Would it be possible to have a positive result still from my miscarriage on 3/14? I went to my doctor for a couple weeks after the M/C to be sure that my HCG went down:

3/14 - M/C and HCG about 300
3/17 - HCG about 150
3/23 - HCG at 8

On my last appointment they told me I was good and did not need to come back. I can't imagine that the 8 HCG I had about a month ago could turn a HPT positive...? The test level for the one I took says HCG of 20. I've only done the BD twice since my M/C so I can't imagine I'm pregnant, but I guess it could be slightly possible.

Anyone experienced this? :shrug:

its possible hon I know a lady who got her bfp same cycle as mc and her son is a strapping toddler now :)

Id go and get a blood test to check hcg levels I think - good luck hon x

I called my doctors office and they think this might be a new pregnancy too. I have an appointment on May 6th and I think I'll do a couple more HPT between now and then. :shock: We'll see what happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->