Anyone 37 and TTC after a miscarriage?

fingers crossed hon - have you done a digi? x

I haven't done one yet but plan to this week. Looking at my BBT I think I would only be about 4 and a half weeks or so since I O'd about a week later than usual due to the mc. After 2 mc already I am trying to keep any kind of excitement in check before I get hurt again. Yesterday was my 38th birthday so I pray this time will be ok (and a little bday present) :)

Praying this is the one for you :dust:

AF got me so I'm back to the start, yet again.
Fed up of TTC, 8 months since m/c and 21 months in total for me.

Thanks ladies!

NewToAllThis - don't get discouraged I have been ttc for about 20 months as well. 2 mc later still working at it. I pray something will happen for you soon!!! :flower:

Hi Im 38 and dh is 47 and we had a m/c almost 2 months ago after 7 months of ttc we are trying for #4 we have 1 child together and she is 3 years old and I have 2 children from a previous marriage and dh has 4 children from a previous marriage so we certainly can have children but as we are now in our 9th cycle we are starting to lose hope but will keep trying until we get our baby in our arms, I'm on folic acid and I'm ferning but that's it at this stage but am considering acupuncture this cycle to go with our sperm meets egg plan:) I hope we all get our bfps very soon :) baby dust to u all :)

Welcome mumof3girls, :hugs:
Sorry for your loss and thanks for the good luck wishes.

Beachchica, any news hun?

NewToAllThis - I took another test on Sunday and still BFP. I have an appointment on May 6th to confirm and hoping by then they will be able to see something with an ultrasound (if there is something to be seen) since I am really not sure how far along I'd be. I don't really have any strong symptoms this time so I am still a little worried. Fingers crossed!!! :confused:

I have been tracking my BBT but my dip around the time I think I would have gotten pregnant was so slight and long compared to my usual cycles. I was reading in another forum where people said they ovulated right away after the M/C but I can't imagine that's possible for me because we were told not to BD for 2 weeks after M/C (which we followed) so not really sure what's going on.

Id do a digi hon one with the estimated weeks - Lordy Im obsessed arent I!:dohh:

Just checked my last mc cycle - I stopped bleeding on CD13 and ovd on CD19 I counted CD1 as the day I passed the poppet x

rowan75 - will a DIGI also display an estimation on # of weeks? I have never tried one of these before.

Also, did you start to count CD1 they day of heavy bleeding? I never noticed any tissue pass but I can definitely start counting the day I had the heaviest bleeding. I just used the day my HCG was down to an 8 which I thought would be when my normal cycle would have started. Do you think this is wrong?

Thankyou new to all this :) and congrats beach chica Im sure this will be your forever baby definatlyneed good news around here:) I hope we all get our bfps this cycle:) I'm cd10 and started our bding 2 days ago but ov not expected until between cd11 and cd15 so will have fun trying until then:) good luck to all the ttc ers I hope the fairy dust fairy will give us all something nice this month ..... Bfp please:)

aye beach - clear blue do two types of digi - one that just says preg or not preg and the other tells you how many weeks preg - thats the test I use - I got 1-2 weeks preg first week, then last sat I got 2-3 weeks and Ill do another this sat and hopefully itll say 3-4 weeks - it works out from the levels of hcg and it tracks the date from conception rather than lmp

I counted CD1 as day one of heavy bleeding - I usually have mmc and my poor poppets take some removing - I cant have D&C as anaesthetics make me so poorly so I usually have the tablets - so the day the tables start to work I put as CD1 - its hard to know whats right and whats wrong with mc charting really as were probs all different and have different experiences - I know some ladies who have had D&C put that date as CD1

hope that helps hon :) x

fingers crossed for you mum of 3 x

Thanks Rowan75 - I will have to look for that test. I checked at CVS Pharmacy yesterday on my way home from work and only saw the one that had pregnant or not pregnant. Can you get those other tests most places?

I had a D&C for my December MC and had a regular 28 day cycle after. The 2nd one in March was a natural MC. My doctor told me we could not have sex for 14 days afterwords so we did not until about day 19 or so. I think I usually OV about day 12-14 so really unsure.

:winkwink::Hello everyone...ive been reading alot of your stories which reads alot like mine...I am 37 DH is 28...i have 3 kids from previous marriage DH has none...we have had two m/c since ttc. Its been almost two years since we started. My first m/c was Oct2009 and the next in Nov 2010. I am currently waiting to see if we did right this month...Expecting AF May 5th, feeling back pains, shooting pains in bbs, creamy cm, twinges in left and right side lower abs, not sure what all this means, no sore bbs, which usually happens at least 7-10 days before AF...maybe a good sign that I dont have sore bbs, having small twinges and back pain as i type..what do u ladies think?:shrug:

BTW::happydance: congrats Beachchica....so happy for you that you got your BFP...H&H 9mths to you! FX for all of us to be in your shoes soon!:happydance:

Beach - yey for your ticker - you know Im not sure about in the shops as I get them online https://www.sme-fertility.co.uk/pregnancy-tests/clearblue-digital-pregnancy-tests-2-pack.html

but I suppose if you're 6 weeks then you should be able to see your poppet on a scan for sure by now - can you get a private scan? so exciting hon x

Beach - yey for your ticker - you know Im not sure about in the shops as I get them online https://www.sme-fertility.co.uk/pregnancy-tests/clearblue-digital-pregnancy-tests-2-pack.html

but I suppose if you're 6 weeks then you should be able to see your poppet on a scan for sure by now - can you get a private scan? so exciting hon x

Thanks Rowan75 - I am going to ask for a scan at my appt on May 12th. I think they would do one anyway based on my history and the fact that I just had a MC.
BTW I can't find those tests anywhere. I guess I'm good for now but if I need to test again in the future I am definitley going to get those!!

Thanks ladies, well I'm cd13 today and I definatly ivd yesterday woohoo so I should get crosshairs on Monday yay:) welcome to the 2ww :) I have a positive mantra this month ... I will get pregnant this month !!!!! Congrats to you beach I'm really happy for u :) roll on the bfp's, I have a feeling we are going to see alot of them this month :) baby dust to u all :)

Thanks Rowan I'm really sorry about your mmc but congrats on your new little sticky bean I have my fxd that this little one Is your forever baby :)

Oh by the way deej those are very similar symptoms that I had when I found out I was pregnant before my mc especially the no sore bb's mine are always sore in the 2ww but when I was pregnant I just had sore nips only so that was a huge give away also I had really creamy cm, I'm normally dry or a but of creamy cm so that was a huge give away too fxd this is it for you it would be nice to get your bfp on mothers day :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->