Anyone assuming they WON'T have a baby shower?

marigold91

Reaction score
I've seen many of you on here waiting to buy most of your stuff until after your baby shower. I had a baby shower with my first. That was 5 years ago and I've sold all my baby stuff (thought we were done, and we moved across states so it was easier to sell than bring it along), but I still don't think it's acceptable to have a baby shower for a 2nd. I know some people do and I'm not shaming you (at all!!). If it were up to me, I'd probably have one, but I'm afraid of what people would think since they were all around the first time to shower me with gifts - lol! Feels kinda weird.

My mom had mentioned that if it's opposite gender then we should definitely have one, but I'm really not sure about that. Thoughts? Anyone else assuming that they won't have one and just buying as much as they can now?

I didn't have a baby shower with any of mine including my first and I just brought stuff when I felt ready to do so

I wanted to do something with this baby, mostly because I feel bad that she doesn't get a baby shower and my son did. But I just still don't feel it's acceptable to do (for us). So we won't be having one this time around, either.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels that way.

I will be in my 3rd tri over Christmas, so I expect that the baby will get some gifts then, so I know baby will still get "special" things from family and friends, but in a way less formal way than a baby shower. Still, I'm expecting to buy most everything (definitely all of the "big" items) myself - unless my family approaches me and asks to buy something.

I won't be having one and I didn't have one the first time around either. I'm not really interested in having one though to be honest! :)

No shower for me either. I'm really uncomfortable with gifts. We can afford to buy things for the baby (maybe not top of the line things...) and that is my preference. My sister had offered to buy something big for the baby (like the crib), but I told her not to worry about it. I'd much rather have her help/advise.

I know my girlfriends will get me gift cards or maybe give me cash, as it is pretty normal in our group. But even if not, we will be OK.

With my first 2 kids I did yes cause it was with different father's and different people. This time dh and I are fine with not having one. I already have a lot of things that are gender nutral from ds2 so we just need smal, things.

I'm expecting my 4th and have never had a baby shower, it's not my thing tbh.
we buy everything ourselves.

My best friend threw me one 8 years ago when I had my DD. I didn't have one for my DS 2 years later. This time around it's been 6 years since my youngest was born and I'm having twins so my SIL insisted on throwing me a shower. Which I though was really nice especially since we got rid of all things baby 3 years ago.

I'm not having a shower for #2 since I'm having another girl and it's only been 2 yrs. We have just about everything we need for #2. I know ppl will want to get her something when she's born so I did register at Target for a few little things but it's only for those who ask what we need, I just don't ppl to waste their money on stuff we don't need like clothes.

I will say that my cousin had a son 5 yrs after her first son (new marriage) & since she gave all her stuff away my aunt threw her a baby shower for #2. I think it all depends on the situation and how you feel about it.

I'm not having a baby shower, but I am having a party to celebrate this baby. I always found it a bit odd to only celebrate the first baby! I am stressing to all people invited that gifts are absolutely not needed, as I am having another boy and my first is just under 10 months.

I just think all babies should be celebrated, not just the first.

I'm not a fan of baby showers with a registry - to me if friends and family want to get together to celebrate this baby (like your thinking Mushy!) and they'd like to bring a little something they picked out then that's lovely. In terms of getting needed items (cot, pram etc), I feel like that's our job as parents. I do like the idea of celebrating this baby though! Just not telling people what to get us!

Im pretty sure we are not having a baby shower..this is our fourth and we thought we were done after our third so we sold all baby stuff and i gave away all the baby clothes!! So we are starting all over again but my friend told me to make a registry so that people can get us what we need if they want to get us gifts to celebrate the baby.. I'm not sure how i feel about that honestly! It would be nice to actually get gifts that you need but at the same time i feel weird telling people what to get us

I'm having a baby sprinkle :-D basically a celebrate the baby garden party and I've requested no gifts. I'm uk and had a big baby shower with my first (though people don't request certain gifts, guests do bring presents) had a brilliant time but this is more of a party excuse!

It's my first and I'm assuming I won't have one. I won't ask for it and doubt anyone will propose to organise it. I really don't mind though. And IF someone does want to throw me one while I already bought everything, I'll just ask for clothes/diappers/toys :)

I never had one with my first two my mum and sisters threw me a complete surprise one with my third.
I will not have one this time.. If I did anything it would be a little celebration/games and strictly no gifts.. We get all ourselves x

I had a baby shower for my first and it was big and overwhelming. I told my mom if she's going to do anything I want it to be small like a sprinkle and I'm not doing a registry. We kept everything from baby 1 so we're pretty well set for all the big stuff. I think it's whatever family and you want to do. I appreciated everything my family and friends did for me but it was really overwhelming and I was so darn tired.

I know I am not getting one. As soon as I mentioned things I need to buy for the new baby, I got a lot of "I don't have the money" from friends and family. Even though not once did I say I want for THEM to buy anything. I didn't have a shower for my first.
I am thinking about having a little sprinkle, but I am unsure.

I assumed I wasn't having one, this is my first and even though I'm 25 I'm pretty much the first person my age I know who's becoming a parent. I know that seems odd, but I haven't been to a baby shower maybe more than once or twice (and for family friends not peers really). So I sort of assumed I wouldn't have one

But now it looks like a shower is going to happen but all the attention makes me so uncomfortable! I'm sure it will be ok though.. I hope. I always just feel so awkward celebrating myself, but I tell myself it's for the baby!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->