Anyone been given or had a stupidly early dating scan?

Maidenet

Reaction score
Mines in a couple of weeks xxx

I'll only be about 10 weeks!

If you are in to early, you'll get another scan later on so they can measure how thick the neck is. I know this generally happens. I am really envious of your early scan. Mine is on Thursday and I'll be 13 weeks then. They are slow in Bristol.

I had one at 7 weeks where baby measured 2 days behind, then another at 11 where baby measured 1 day ahead. I don't think 10 weeks is stupidly early at all. I jump for anything offered to see Peanut.

Ive had till now 3 ultrasound just to make sure everything is ok

I've already had 3 scans due to my history of miscarriages.

I would of prefered it on 12 weeks as then you can see a proper looking baby and ill be more reassured x

I had one at 7w5d to rule out ectopic. Everything was fine but then as I'm leaving the doctor says "ok so your next ultrasound will be at 18 weeks." I'm like wait, what?! No 12 week scan?! They can't make me wait 10 whole weeks for a another scan! I'm really going to try and push for a 12 week one at my next appt but just in case my begging doesn't work I ordered a Doppler. I definitely want to make sure everything is ok at the end of my first trimester before I go making big announcements!

My dating scan was at 10+3. As this was too early for the NT measurement I was rescanned at 12+3. So you will probably get an extra scan :)

Not every area does a NT scan so there might not be a 2nd scan.

We didn't have a NT scan
I mean, we had a scan at 11 weeks but they just showed us head, hands and feet. They didn't actually measure anything.

Its more or less compulsory in England, not sure about the rest of the UK, unless you opt out of it. Its amazing how different the care is from here to over there. But we generally don't get a scan before 12 weeks, unless bleeding in early pregnancy, multiple miscarriages and other cases.

10 weeks isn't stupidly early :), I had a dating scan at 5+4 with my son.

I have my first scan at 7w0d. But I have lupus and am automatically considered high risk. Otherwise I wouldnt have my first scan until 9-11 weeks.

I just thought they had to be at 12 weeks to take proper measurements?

I had a dating scan at 5 weeks.. now that's stupidly early lol x

I had mine at 6 week and now causing me all kinds of stress and worry. On the plus it was good to hear the HB and no it active and healthy. Although been advised to have nechal scan so worried sick.

I just thought they had to be at 12 weeks to take proper measurements?

The earlier the scan, the more accurate. We don't do a dating scan at 12 weeks here. My 12 week scan was 7 days ahead of any other scab I had with my son.

I was admitted to hospital with hyperemesis gravidarum, so I had one done at 8w1d, they put me back to 7w4d. It was just to check for twins really haha, and I had been puking so much they wanted to make sure everything was okay. I have my NT scan coming up this week, ill be 11w4d.

^^ the earlier the scan the more accurate?? Early dating scans are really inaccurate and cause loads of stress :'(

Hi there, I would be annoyed about that too, everyone wants to be 12 weeks at least to have risks officially reduced, I have had 4 scans so far due to problems early on, I have my NT scan next week, but I had one at 10 weeks exactly and although it was smaller than it would be at 12 weeks it looked like a proper baby, wiggling around and everything, I just wanted you to know that it does look like a baby at 10 weeks although definitely I agree I would feel more reassured to have it at 12 weeks, good luck :flower:

Earlier scans are not more accurate. This board is full of early scans causing stress! Unless you're high risk I don't see why they would do early scan, or blood tests etc. I'll be having my first one around 12 weeks for the NT scan. Then 18-20 weeks for the anatomy one. Any scan for "dating" in US is not overly accurate. My oldest I had tons of US cause of bleeding and the due date changed at all of them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->