Anyone been given or had a stupidly early dating scan?

I have the opposite, my scan will be at around 13- 13+6 (not sure of dates)
The later the better for dating, but mine isnt a dating scan it is the NT scan, just hoping they don't say, actually you are 14 + and we cant do it.
They couldnt get me an appointment any earlier!

I have the opposite, my scan will be at around 13- 13+6 (not sure of dates)
The later the better for dating, but mine isnt a dating scan it is the NT scan, just hoping they don't say, actually you are 14 + and we cant do it.
They couldnt get me an appointment any earlier!

I have the same issue. My dates I would be 13+1 but scared that this baby will be bigger, so they can't do it. They are also having issues with my blood, as in not marking the bottles correctly twice, so I'm still waiting to get the blood results for everything else.

My dating scans here were supposed to be when I was 8 weeks but the first time I was only 6 weeks, second time I thought I was 9 weeks but was only 6 weeks again. I don't think yours is early. All docs do things differently. I won't have another until 20 weeks.

^^ the earlier the scan the more accurate?? Early dating scans are really inaccurate and cause loads of stress :'(

Not according to any medical professionals I have spoken to? Earlier measurements give a more accurate due date as genetics take over the bigger a baby gets. My midwife was a radiologist in her previous job and agrees with me.

If my pregnancy with my son was dated by my 12 week scan it would have thrown my dates off by a week. I would have been 13 days overdue when he was born rather than the 6 days I was, and I know when I conceived after 8 years of trying. The scan I had at 5+4 was 100% accurate for dates.

As the embryo matures to a foetus, individual genetics and growth factors influence its growth. This is why an early pregnancy dating scan, rather than one done in the later stages of pregnancy, is considered more accurate when assessing the expected date of delivery. With maturity, the size of the baby correlates less to its age than in the early weeks.

^^ the earlier the scan the more accurate?? Early dating scans are really inaccurate and cause loads of stress :'(

If my pregnancy with my son was dated by my 12 week scan it would have thrown my dates off by a week. I would have been 13 days overdue when he was born rather than the 6 days I was, and I know when I conceived after 8 years of trying. The scan I had at 5+4 was 100% accurate for dates.

I had the opposite effect with DD. I had an early scan with her due to bleeding and was put a week back at 6w to 5w, then at when I was suppose to be 9w I was 8+3, then at 12w she was dead on 12w. Like you I knew me dates as I was temping. We very rarely change dates in the UK.

This is my first baby in Australia and other 3 uk seems to be practice for 3 scans but after scan 6 week spent all day crying to go back to uk to have bub. My GP is lovely but just want to see midwife. Scans are great if you want it but for me I don't want to over analysis everything. I am better just being pregnant and dealing with things as they come. Now I am being pressured to have all kinds of tests that I didn't want as I am 39. I suppose it a personal choice but for me I would of rather just had 12 week scan.

In the US, I think it is standard to do the dating scan around 8 weeks. :)

Yes, between 7 and 10 weeks is meant to be the most accurate I think.

Mines tomorrow!!! Eek! I'm so nervous, my stomach is churning! Worries they won't find a baby or something will be wrong :( probably worrying for nothing :( xx

10-13ish weeks is standard here where i live

I don't understand why they do dating scans at all. A due date is a range of 2-4 weeks when baby could come. The "date" doesn't mean anything.

I don't understand why they do dating scans at all. A due date is a range of 2-4 weeks when baby could come. The "date" doesn't mean anything.

babies dont always come on due dates and gestation means a lot if a baby comes early.

babies dont always come on due dates and gestation means a lot if a baby comes early.

That's what I said. Babies don't usually come on their due dates. It's really a period of 2-4 weeks that is their "due time". Babies are considered full term at 37 weeks. My last pregnancy I started having mild contractions at 36 weeks and she said if baby came she wouldn't stop it. Also you can go 42 weeks. so 37-42 weeks is quite the time span!

My dd came at 42 weeks. She was obviously far tok comfy, lol.

Its more or less compulsory in England, not sure about the rest of the UK, unless you opt out of it. Its amazing how different the care is from here to over there. But we generally don't get a scan before 12 weeks, unless bleeding in early pregnancy, multiple miscarriages and other cases.

Not true, lots of PCT don't offer NT scans as routine and you need to go private if you want one. You still get a dating scan though

In the UK, in my experience, anything less than 8 weeks is usually a viability scan rather than a dating scan.

I had my dating scan, all went well, they let me record a video but it won't let me upload, I was 8 weeks 3 days, due 23rd June, here is our little peanut!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 3
Very cool! Its always fun to see your little peanut.

My office likes you to come in for your first appt at 10 weeks, and book a scan for 12 weeks. But I always get one when I go in at 10 weeks because they can't find the hb with the dopplar due to my titled uterus. And then unless there is a problem, they don't do another until the 20 week gender scan.

So I guess I have been given scans 'stupidly early', but that seems to be a relative term depending on what country you're in and if you're having complications.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->