Anyone Breastfeeding and taking Vitex??

Noradun

Reaction score
Has it worked??? Did you ovulate first or did you have your period first?? How long did it take? Did it effect your milk supply?
Thank you ldaies!
My daughter is 11 mns and still nurse 3-4 times a day and none at night. I ovulated once when she was 4 mns and had my period 14 days later. But nothing since. I just bought some vitex and I am curious what to expect once I start taking it. I am going to the beach in about 1 1/2 wks and I am trying to decide if I should wait to take it until after I get back! I just don't want to start AF while at the beach...any suggestions, advice, or help would be greatly appreciated!

Haven't seen much effect from it tbh. No positive opk or AF yet. We day weaned a couple of weeks ago in the hopes of getting ovulation going. Before that we were on about a 5 a day nursing schedule (2 daytime, 1 bedtime, 1 night 1 morning) but day weaning threw that out of whack (she increased night nursing to cope with lack of day feeds despite getting bottled milk during the day). I think Vitex increased my milk supply. I've been taking it for a few months now and I was pumping at work until May 25th-26th and getting more than I had previously.
I don't think it will magically start up ovulation for you, but if things aren't going and just need a bit of balancing it might help.

Just out of curiosity how much are you taking?? I also have PCOS so I don't ovulate regularly anyway. Basically to some up my last few yrs...From 2001-2004 I had about 2 periods a year. We conceived my son a week after we were married. He was born July 3 2005. After that I only had period when put on meds. Then I was on clomid. The clomid never made me O. I went of it August 07. Had my own period Nov 5 2007. Ovulated sometime in Jan like CD70ish. Delivered my son Sept 28 2008. No period at all. I ovulated when he was 12 mns in Oct 2009 and conceived my daughter. Then like I said I o'd and had a period in Oct but nothing since. So I definitely feel like I have a hormone imbalance anyway. I suspect PCOS! I have started exercising regularly, taking prenatal vitamins and now I am just waiting to see what happens! I am also planning on taking Red raspberry leaf with the vitex!

I just started taking it 2 weeks ago. I had 2 AFs before starting it, but I can tell my body is a bit out of whack, so I'm hoping this might help balance things. I haven't noticed any issues with milk supply. I'm charting, so I'll let you know how this month goes for me.

Ok...did you start a period after taking it?? I want to start it now..but I am scared I will start bleeding or something. I mean I should O before having AF right??
We go to the beach next week and I just don't want to make AF come while we are there!

I started out with 2 400mg (i think) capsules, went down to one and am now back at 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->