anyone care to guess

I found this link, I wonder if it will help x

https://www.baby2see.com/gender/external_genitals.html

Thanks that site is really good. Its amazing how alike they are.

So now people are saying that I'm not even looking at the nub and what I'm sure is the leg because the leg was visible just a few seconds before and were straight up and you can see more of the leg further up, they are saying is actually the nub and as you can see its pointing upright and it does look very much like a penis. I'm even more confused now. I thought the nub was a white line? I saw the darker white line so often through the scan but didn't notice anything else in that area. Gah I wish I hadn't bothered looking and just waited for my gender scan. If I'm wrong though and thats not the leg then theres no doubting its a boy.

See thats the thing, no one can say for sure if we are seeing a full nub or if there is leg there. If its the leg, then I would lean girl. If its the full nub, then definitely a boy. I know this is hard for you but really try to not get too nubsessed. At this point, what will be, will be.

I wish I had known to look for more than just a white line at either and angle or not. The baby hardly moved through the scan and they had trouble getting them to turn to see their spine then they went straight back to where they had been before but when they were moving I didn't see anything else nub like, but then I was concentrating on that line.

I'm feeling better today and I know I can't change anything, it just feels very confusing because I feel like its a girl, when I look at my scan I feel like I'm looking at a girl. But then I don't know if its just me clinging onto the last bit of hope.

I felt it was a girl. Tried to convince myself otherwise but failed miserably. I hope this is your girl! My DH was adamant it was a boy from day 1 and he was right! It's difficult not to obsess!

Well I now really think its a boy and am treating 'him' as such. I've changed my ticker to be blue and am looking at boy stuff and thinking again about names.

Hiya mob's, I just recognised your pic from GD and put the names together:) I'm ELP over there so we have met both places! Do you want me to talk through what I see the main differences with the nubs are? The main thing as you can probably guess is the detail! and yours has perfect detail.

Yeah you can do I find it really confusing. Some that look exactly the same turn out to be either. And theres one that I think looks exactly the same and people who guessed boy on mine guessed girl on hers so confused me even more LOL
I think I'm accepting that its probably a boy, I found out about the numbers in your NT blood work being an indicator as well and mine are low so thats boyish.

The way I see things is that the nub is made up of 2 parts. The bottom line-the flat line and the top line- your angled line. Theres a baby2see diagram somewhere which shows photos of the early changes, I'll add the link if I can find it.
In alot of u/s pictures baby can be at just the wrong angle as to not show the angled line so only leaving the bottom girlish looking line. If your pic isn't leg, (which it may well be I have seen stranger things!) then your baby was in the perfect position to show the full boy nub. Often we are only left with a little dot on top or a bit of a pale shadowas a hint. If the full nub isnt showing then sometimes you can guess off of the length of the nub. Gestation can alter it alot, the closer to 13 weeks you are, the longer the main white flat line on a girl looks so a shorter nub at 13 weeks can sometimes mean a hidden boy nub.
Forks can be confusing imo and so can angles, imo it comes down to the detail. I'll post a pic below of one of my girls, it had all boy guesses on IG when I first posted it, but it all cam down to the detail! Which wasnt there!

Just noticed the baby2see links at the top!

Attachments

• pi.jpg
    pi.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 11
Ok thanks for explaining it. I guess if that really is the nub there is no doubting it.

I found this link, I wonder if it will help x

https://www.baby2see.com/gender/external_genitals.html

One the pic above you can see how on a girl the outer lip stays long which is the bottom line on a nub and the inner nub part shrinks back, but on a boy the outer lips shrink back so making a shorter bottom line and the inner nub grows out and up making the angle.

It would be fantastic if yours did turn out to be leg and not angled nub, how exciting would that be!!!

Ok thanks for explaining it. I guess if that really is the nub there is no doubting it.

I got disturbed by DH before I could add the above bit on, fwiw you may be getting my dream family xxx

I suppose I just didn't want to believe it. I've been really upset by the thought of never having a daughter the last few days. I'm feeling better about it today and starting to accept that I'm going to hear boy at my next scan.

Would DH definitely be against another? And have you looked into swaying! When you have 4 number 5 honestly just fits right in;) And that would give you time to get a geat sway plan in place plus I know if people have found that they're having an opposite this time that planning the next one takes the pressure of and some of the sadness away x

We were planning another but he'd said not until we move which we wont be able to afford to do for 5 years yet. DH is 44 already, although he has always said his age isn't a factor and its up to me. (I'm 26)
The line was drawn at 5 and then he suddenly changed his mind. I guess I could change his mind but not sure if I'd be able to do it just yet. I think it would have to be after this one was born and he'd seen it wasn't so much harder.
I was thinking that I would try swaying next time, and the thought that I had another shot was making it much easier.

Thats great news!! It sounds like your DH will be easy to convince to try a little earlier;) Then if you do find this is another little man you are in a good place to both plan a new home and a daughter to go in it! You have looooads of time at 26! to find what makes you both so boy friendly and to get a great plan in place. The GD site is updating their statistics all the time so you can monitor the ladies in your position and see over time what is and isnt working for them!
Out of interest to start with and not being too personal but are you muscular, skinny, overweight or just in the middle?

I'm naturally very slim and always have been. Going by the measurements they took on the day of my 12 week scan I'm 171.0cm tall and 58.0kg with a BMI of 19.8

DH has a family history of there being one man in each generation who only has sons, his paternal Grandad being one of 6! He has 3 sons, one of whom also has 3 sons. I've been told this doesn't matter and he'll still have an equal amount of boy and girl sperm.

Now your size is interesting! I know alot of taller slim women who have only boys, I'll keep my eyes out for it on the GD site and see if I can find what is working for these build women:thumbup: As I'm a blue swayer I don't know too much pink info you see:blush:
Is your DH bald?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->