Anyone diabetic before pregnacy

Hope everyone is doing better now, or at least managing with the hypos.

I was induced 17/02 and everything went fine til about 7cm dilated when bay's heartrate started dropping every contraction so I had an emergency C-section and baby did very well. She did get very low sugars (0,3 was the lowest she went which I was very worried about, but she is fine now) however after the birth and they battled for a few days with them - she was in ICU from Thursday to Monday when I took her home. We are doing well at home although I have had a bad fever yesterday and am awaiting test results to see what is going on. I feel better today than yesterday though. I am breastfeeding Kirima and managed to do so in ICU even though she had a nasal tube, drip lines and blood pressure lines to deal with - she's obviously a good rinker as she had a good few bottles before we switched her to breastfeeding and she seemed to prefer the breast even despite all this so I am happy about that.

She weighed 3,84kg at birth - I think that is 8 pounds 7 ounces - not much more than her elder sister did at the same gestation.

huge congratulations hunny :happydance:

im still suffering bad with hypos :nope: sick of it now, i want to feel well not ill all the time :nope:

Type II Insulin Dependent with minimed pump. I'm 7 wks pregnant today with my second pregnancy at 36y/o soon to be 37 in May.

Thanks everyone. Settling down with the new insulin levels and have not had any bad hypos - still raising the insulin slowly as running slightly high now with the fever. In general though my levels are not too bad - trying to avoid the serious hypos that I had when breastfeeding my first.

Sorry about the hypos you are having - hang in there- its all worth it in the end!

i hated the hypos when breast feeding, i stopped because of it but im hoping next time the pump will help xx

Hi girls may I join you?! Am currently 5 weeks pregnant with my 2nd child and am finding it so hard! I can't get my sugars below 8 and Im so worried! I'm eating healthy and not snacking, the only thing I'm struggling to do is get any exercise in due to severe tiredness.
I am seeing the diabetic nurse on Monday who will prob put me onto 4 injections a day and up my dosage!
I had poor control before with a hba1c of 11.5 :( was down to 5.5 last year but a series of emotional hiccups and dramas in my life caused me to gain weight and lose control!

I just want to be settled now so I know I'm giving my baby the best start! My son was 8lb 2oz born just under 39 weeks so did well in keeping him a good size so just hope I can do the same this time round!

I am still having very high readings is this normal in the first few weeks? I am watching what I eat etc but still high before and after meals. Am seeing the Diabetic nurse later on so am hoping she will be able to help me. :(

My readings are all over the place. I can go from a high level to a severe hypo in less than half hour. I am going crazy. Sometimes I need 10 times more insulin that before then others I eat a plate of pasta with no insulin and still go hypo after. As I said before I miss my old body...

Just got back from the hospital and they want me on 4 injections a day :( but hopefully that will calm my sugars down and it would be nice to see one below 8 for a change!

Jaybear I battled a bit the first couple week spregnant until my levels suddenly dropped very low - that was time time after 6-8 weeks I think. You will have to keep a close eye on things as if you are highish at first the lows (and they WILL come) will hit you quite hard.

Mine have been going quite high now but that is because I have not been watching what I am eating so well lately - probably because I went low so often when I was pregnant even in the late stages of pregnancy.

My readings are all over the place. I can go from a high level to a severe hypo in less than half hour. I am going crazy. Sometimes I need 10 times more insulin that before then others I eat a plate of pasta with no insulin and still go hypo after. As I said before I miss my old body...

im exactly the same at the mo x

Just got back from the hospital and they want me on 4 injections a day :( but hopefully that will calm my sugars down and it would be nice to see one below 8 for a change!

hope that helps hun x

hope you sort your bloods out soon jaybear xx

Me too.....I am not liking having to inject into my tummy :( or cutting right down on carbs..Have already lost 4lbs....lol

im scared next time around as im on the pump so worried about my needles on my canulas/tubes. xx

my bloods are going loopy.

well at work today i had a urge for chocolate so had a bar at work but then got so busy i forgot to have any insulin for it!! very naughty i know!! BUT ive just done my blood sugar before my tea and i was 3.2!!!!! how does that work out?!?!?!?

I know what you mean. Yesterday I had some pasta and did not take any insulin and was 3.9 1.5h later... Then it was 8.2 5h later but back to 5.0 before dinner. All with no insulin... Then today I had less than yesterday, took 6 units with it and it was 8.2 1.5h later. Doesn't make any sense...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->