Anyone diabetic before pregnacy

I'm fed up also of the constant hypo correction then going high cos I've eaten too much! Aarrghhh

hypoed at work today and had no idea it was happening! Just did my BS at break time to find it was 1.7!!

im sick of this now!

I am off work because of the hypos. I saw the ocupational health advisor and she told me not to bother going to work before I sort myself out... I am a bit better now, only 3 hypos this last week:happydance:. So back next week. I hope I don't have any serious hypo because last time I was hypo at work a boy tried to stab another with a compass. The reason I am off now

mine was 2.1 today and all i had was a lovely headache to tell me
By the way even though im not pregant i hope you dont ming me coming in a nd chating to you all xx

Had my lowest sugar of 2.7 yesterday! Came totally out of the blue... Am beginning to get fed up of this up and down rollercoaster ride! I'm feeling like utter crap anyway and these low sugars are making things feel so much worse! Moan over sorry! X

I am more than fed up with the hypos. I never had anything lower than 3 before pregnancy. Last week I had a 1.8 and a 1.9. Shocking.

Anyway I am back at work now. I had to remind the children what to do in case of a hypo, but they are good now. Happy did not have any hypo today.:thumbup:

hi everyone hope i can join you,

i've been type 1 for 25 years and just found out im pregnant with my 3rd

the past 3 days before i found out my sugars have been quite high couldn't get a reading below 9 no matter how much insulin i injected, then this morning they seemed to come back down till two hours after breakfast when it was 18, diabetic nurse asked if i had found out if i was pregnant before this reading cause the excitment could cause the sugar rush so that explains that

hb1ac have been 6.9, 7.0 and 7.2 last month so hope this has been ok

just waiting for the hypos to hit now

hi everyone hope i can join you,

i've been type 1 for 25 years and just found out im pregnant with my 3rd

the past 3 days before i found out my sugars have been quite high couldn't get a reading below 9 no matter how much insulin i injected, then this morning they seemed to come back down till two hours after breakfast when it was 18, diabetic nurse asked if i had found out if i was pregnant before this reading cause the excitment could cause the sugar rush so that explains that

hb1ac have been 6.9, 7.0 and 7.2 last month so hope this has been ok

just waiting for the hypos to hit now

welcome and congratulations xx

Welcome and congrats!
I was the same, my sugars wouldn't go below 9 and as a result an now on 4 injections a day and they have come down tho still having a few high ones(that new hour after meals rule sucks).... X

Welcome and congrats!
I was the same, my sugars wouldn't go below 9 and as a result an now on 4 injections a day and they have come down tho still having a few high ones(that new hour after meals rule sucks).... X

i agree with you! its stupid!

thanks everyone for the welcome:happydance:

what is the new one hour rule, when i was on phone to diabetic nurse she never said anything, i just had to take 1 unit of my lantus a night, seems to have stabled the night time lows:thumbup:

im on 4 injections during day, yesterday was a better day, couple of lows but nothing serious

It always used to be that you tested your blood 2hours after you have eaten but now they make you after an hour and boy is it hard work!

had another really bad hypo tonight. LO on machine :( not good. thankfully my hubby was here this time.

Hi again, hope the hypos ease soon - they are awful. My baby is now a month old and while I have had a few mild hypos sorting the insulin out and with the breastfeeding things are going so much better now I am no longer pregnant.

For me things eased around 18 weeks pregnancy with the severe hypos though I still went very low a few times around 22 and 24 weeks and then it was fine til 30 weeks when they dropped again and then again at 33 weeks when I had a huge drop in insulin needs which went right back up week 35 again and stayed up til I was induced at 38 weeks (but the last trimester can vary a lot between diabetics)

Hang in there. While I will probably not get pregnant again as the last one was too rough with a toddler to deal with too, it does become a distant memory very fast after the birth and I know one day I will want to have another child even with the "joys" of bad hypos.

As far as work goes - get help within your work. I trained the people I worked with and they were pretty good by the end at helping as I went severely low quite often - in fact one of the receptionists used to arrive at work with a grapetiser in case I was low when I got that - that was pretty sweet of her.

i love the pic jaybear, sorry if you've already said but have you had firs scan yet, i think my diabetic clinics are the first or second week in month so hope to get a letter soon for first check up.

another problem i had was that i am to be bridesmaid for my brothers wedding in july, got the nice red dress from monsoon and everything, but there is no way i'll fit into a size 10 at 5 1/2 months pregnant, have just found a lovely red dress in isabella oliver, nice and long to hid the puffy ankles and with 60% off so in budget:thumbup:

hope everyone is well, we are going to tell my parents and brother and future sis in law tonight, wouldn't normally say so early but her hen night is in 3 weeks:dohh:

Scan this Thursday hun, I can't wait!!! :0) oh I'm also bridesmaid in August and am
Hoping my dress will still fit, we've bought the biggest size possibly LOL but I just have a feeling my 7 months pregnant I'm gonna be huge!!

Just sharing 3 days and NO hypos:happydance: I am soooo happy. But I cut my morning long acting and if I need I take a correction dose (didn't need one yet). I decided to do that when my last hba1c came at 5.0. It is starting to get too low (never imagined I would say that ). It is so funny at night I am taking twice as much long acting as before (I was in humulin I twice a day) but had to cut the daytime. And I take 3 times as much fast acting for breakfast but the other meals have not changed. It's crazy.

And this thursdays I have my 20 week scan and the other Tuesday the baby heart scan. So 2 scans in less that 2 weeks...

Just sharing 3 days and NO hypos:happydance: I am soooo happy. But I cut my morning long acting and if I need I take a correction dose (didn't need one yet). I decided to do that when my last hba1c came at 5.0. It is starting to get too low (never imagined I would say that ). It is so funny at night I am taking twice as much long acting as before (I was in humulin I twice a day) but had to cut the daytime. And I take 3 times as much fast acting for breakfast but the other meals have not changed. It's crazy.

And this thursdays I have my 20 week scan and the other Tuesday the baby heart scan. So 2 scans in less that 2 weeks...

yay for no hypos :happydance:

forgot to say my HBA1C is a lot better now 8.2 instead of about 7 weeks ago so im pleased but i bet its just all the hypos!!

Ohh what's a baby's heart scan?? Ok, dumb question, they will obv look at the baby's heart. But I never got one - the consultant just looked at the baby's heart at the 21 week scan. Has anyone else had just a heart scan? Should I demand one?

To Lincoln Girl - I hope you'll soon come out of all this. My first trimester and a couple of weeks of second were probably the worst weeks of my entire life. I hypoed EVERY night. And God knows how many times during the day. Abulance was called round twice - once coz I was sat on a pavement looking lost (luckily no one mistook me for being drunk!) and once at home. My poor little bro came round and didn't know what to do - fed me drink from the fridge but it was sugar free so wasn't working and then he called the ambulance!! I'm putting exclamation marks now but those really were bad days. I would defo like another bubba and might get the pump - they are supposed to help I hear.

Good luck to all of you still having hypos - it'll hopefully be over soon and then, like me, you'll be worrying about HYPERS and finishing cartridges in like 2/3 days and worrying how big the baby is in the growth scan!! It's never ending for us, sorry but true! But I am sure well worth it in the end!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->