• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Anyone doing FET in October?

Cynthia86

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I got the news yesterday that my first IVF was unsuccessful. Luckily we have frozen embryos and we plan on doing a FET in October. I would love to have an October FET buddy!

Hi, I did ivf in July but was cancelled after EC due to OHSS, I have 2 blasts frozen and I'm doing FET in October too! So excited as it feels like it's been going on forever :(
So sorry your fresh cycle was not successful x

sorry to hear your bad news. my ivf cycle failed in july too, im due to start the medication next week. im estimated to have the transfer w/c 15th october.
xx

Hi n41210 :) sorry about your first cycle, Number 2 will be your lucky one x

Hey Bumski! I completely agree that October can't come soon enough! Will you be transferring both blasts? Best of luck to you!

n41210- Very exciting that you get to start soon! How many frozen embryos do you have and how many will you be transferring? This may seem like a silly question but what does w/c mean? Good luck!

Question for you ladies-How long after stopping your progesterone did you get AF? I stopped mine on Saturday and I've been cramping like crazy today so I hope that means that I will be starting AF soon.

hello. sorry w/c is week commencing. ive got 4 embryo, but im only allowed 1 back. ive quite positve about this cycle. ive been trying for just over 5 years and i have pcos. my af started whilst i was on the progesterone! i started mine just 7dp5dt so had to do the pregnancy test knowing it failed.
sending you both lots of good wishes x

That's awful to get af while your still at a point too early to test,
So sorry to both of you, it must have been horrible, I'm so dreading a bfn, can't seem to shake the thought, part of me thinks I should stay realistic as to not get hurt but rekon it's gonna hurt all the same so maybe I should think positive!

If I was allowed to have transfer done on my fresh cycle they were only going to allow one embie be put back and I would have froze one, but the embryologist has recommended both because they have been through the freeze process!

I'm glad about that but at the same time, my first go is my last, who cares, it WILL work! Lol
How many are you having back Cynthia?

n4-I can't even imagine how upsetting it must have been to start AF before the end of your tww!

bumski- I'm glad you are trying to stay positive! Although my first cycle failed I just know that it has to happen eventually. I'm not ready to give up hope :)
The first time I only transferred one blast per the embryologists recommendation. This time I will be transferring two!

AFM-It has been 3 days since I stopped my progesterone and AF has arrived! It isn't often that I am happy to see her but this means that my FET cycle is 28 days away! Only a month away but it honestly seems like an eternity lol
My next appointment is scheduled for the 17th which will be a FET consult.

I hope we all have bfp's coming our way!

Yay for af finally arriving so you can move on, do you have to have a normal cycle before starting FET then?
Great news your having two put back, I would love twins ;)

Do you have an idea roughly when your fet will be then, mine will hopefully be the week of October 22nd!

Bumski-Yes my clinic likes for you to take a cycle off before moving on to FET. I hate that I have to wait but at the same time I am hoping that it will help my chances. I feel like my body has been through a lot so this little break from all the meds will be good. I was honestly terrified of having twins before but this time around I am actually hoping for two! I guess seeing that BFN helped me see things differently. Now I feel like the only thing scarier than caring for two newborn babies is not having a baby at all. I hope we both get our twins :)

I forgot to add that I am not sure when my transfer will be. I don't know what FET protocol my clinic uses but I'm meeting with my RE on the 17th so I will have a much better idea then.

That's not too far away atleast, I find when there is apps to go to it kinda breaks this whole process up, step by step.

I can only imagine how hard it is to see a bfn at the end and pray that this will be your lucky one, I hope it is for all of us ;) x

Hey Ladies - Count me in for an October FET transfer! My protocol is being mailed to me but I know it will consist of estrace pills and progesterone suppositories - no injections. They plan on transferring two.

Hi notoptomistic, hope your ok.
Is this your first FET? X

Wow, just seen all your frosties!! That's amazing Hun :0 x

hey ladies. did you see on the news this morning about the success rate of FET is becoming greater? im from England and watch Daybreak and the dr on there was explaining that with fet it concentrates more on thickening the lining of the womb. made me feel a lot more positive.
cynthia: i didnt have to wait long for to do my fet. i had my af in july (ivf failing) and then had my review app a few weeks later, then the nurses planned my appointments when i phoned up on day 1 of augusts cycle. i agree with bumski, having the apps breaks up the process.
Bumski: i think you may be just a week behind me. i start next week.
notoptimistic: im not on injections either!! what a relief. however i do need to sniff a spray, which i must admit im not looking forward too. wow, you have loads of frosties!!

good luck xx

thanks bum -I'm doing ok. It will be my first FET cycle. I got my period on August 24th so I just have to wait until my next period to start my meds for the FET cycle. Unfortunetely my cycles are 5-6 weeks long which is why I won't start the cycle until October! Yes, I have 13 frozen day 5 blasts. I couldn't believe it when they told me the number. I am very happy they are going to allow me to put two back because they only allowed one on my fresh cycle.

n41210 - I am in the US (Boston) but I'll check the news anyway to see if that FET story made it to the states! My clinic's FET pregnancy rates are a little lower lower than fresh cycles, but very recently, about two to three months ago, they started freezing embryos at day 5 instead of 3, and they are hopeful their success rate will go up as a result. In fact, they've had 3 transfers so far using 5 day embryos/blasts and all 3 have resulted in pregnancy. I hope to keep that streak going.

Someone on another thread was just saying about FET in the news, let's keep our fx!
Yeah I start northisterone for 7 days on 22nd and get af approx 5 days after the last pill, so close ;)

Not - 'Bum' - ha ha, I giggled at that, I can't get over your frosties, you could have ALL your future children already concieved! Amazing!

How are you ladies doing??

I know I have been MIA but I just needed a break. The failure of my first ivf hit me hard and I was struggling with feeling depressed. I'm sure you girls can relate. I'm starting to feel better and I'm sure the fact that I will soon be getting started with my fet cycle is helping. I had my consult today and I was thrilled to find out I'm only doing estrogen and progesterone. I read online of another fet protocol which consisted of 2 weeks bcp's, 2 weeks Lupron then estrogen and progesterone. I was keeping my fingers crossed that my clinic did the easier and much shorter protocol. All the waiting is so difficult so I'm glad that things will get started soon. Cd 1should be on Oct 2 and transfer is looking like Oct 22!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->