Anyone doing FET/IVF in Jan 2013 till everyone's BFP (Everyone Welcome)

Brilliant news well done em. Sending you lots of baby dust and can't wait for your update on Sunday :)
Have a good weekend ladies :)

Thanks Ladies!! I hope everyone has a good weekend! We are finally going to put up our Christmas tree. With all this IVF stuff I've been seriously slacking around the house :)

Good luck today Em. Can't wait to see your report today :hugs:

Hope the rest of you ladies are having a good weekend xxx

Hi Ladies

Just thought i would pop in to say Hi! hope you all had a good weekend. One week closer to 2013 where we will all be moving along. :happydance: xx

I hope everyone had a good weekend. Thanks for all your good wishes! I got the call yesterday that our embryos were not ready to be frozen yet. :( Seems they are growing a little slower this time. There are 6 of them still growing (yay!) but they were only at the early blast stage yesterday. So they are growing them to day 6 and will try to freeze them today. Fx crossed!! I was really upset yesterday but luckily my RE called to reassure me that freezing on day 5 vs 6 has no impact on pregnancy rates.

That's great news Em! My 1 that i put back on fresh cycle was day 5 blastocyst but the ones frozen were day 6 blastocyst as they said they prefer to take them to day 6 before freezing to give them the best chance at thawing as they are more developed. Obviously every clinic is different and has there different ways of doing things but sounds all good to me! Look forward to your update!

When will you know about your op, have you been given a date yet? :hugs: xx

That's great news Em! My 1 that i put back on fresh cycle was day 5 blastocyst but the ones frozen were day 6 blastocyst as they said they prefer to take them to day 6 before freezing to give them the best chance at thawing as they are more developed. Obviously every clinic is different and has there different ways of doing things but sounds all good to me! Look forward to your update!

When will you know about your op, have you been given a date yet? :hugs: xx

Thanks Sandy! Ooh it's good to know yours were frozen on day 6 too. I was just totally set on day 5 for some reason and I'm really having a hard time lately with any deviation from the "plan." I think it's the hormones from the stim meds and my DH agrees because he says normally I am not this obsessed :)

I'm meeting with my Oncologist today for my pre-operative appointment so I'll get my surgery date too. I can't wait. I never thought I would look forward to surgery but it will be nice to get past this next step.

Did you do anything fun this weekend?

Definitely know what you mean when things don't go how you expect it to. I definitely someone who has everything planned out.

Good luck with your appt today I'm sure i will go well and be able to plan for the next step as you say.

Had a good weekend had my works Christmas party on Friday which was really good and just got a nice surprise at work today the team have bought me a lovely bunch of flowers to say thank you for organizing it. which has made me smile! Also met up with some friends for dinner on Saturday so been a good weekend all round. How about you? xx

Good to know I'm not the only one who wants a plan :)

Wow that was really sweet they got you flowers! So nice since I'm sure you put in lots of work for the party. I did a little Christmas shopping and relaxed at home. We did not decorate our tree like planned haha. Too lazy. I think we'll do it some night this week :)

Think I need a weekend like that. Time to relax. xx

Hey ladies! I thought I would check in and catch up. I've been so distracted lately (and a nervous wreck) with IVF coming up that I haven't been online much.

How is everyone doing? I have my CD3 sometime this week to determine if we do IVF next cycle. I'm SO anxious about the entire process. Our doctor gave us a 60% chance for success but I honestly don't feel that good about it. I don't want to go into this thinking it will be my miracle worker and then end up with yet another *BFN*.

Hey em mine were frozen at day 6 too. My last fet was done using a day 6 and it worked although it ended in m/c but both the consultant and I both think this was because of my lining being too thick :( my next transfer will be done with a day 6 too :) so don't worry if they're a day older they're a day stronger :)
What is the surgery you're having hun? Sorry if you've already posted this but I'm updating on my phone and it takes ages to scroll back through earlier posts!!
Hugs to everyone else :)

Mbrink what is cd3?
I know what you mean about not wanting to get too optimistic. I drives my oh nuts with my 'negative' thoughts but I think I'm just trying to protect myself!!

Thanks for the invite Sandy :)

Hey everyone!!! For those that don't know me I am a surrogate. We had out first FET in Sept. ((Transferred 2 as we will next time)) and we got a bfp 5 days later :) Our Beta numbers doubled, and then stopped doubling only growing about 200 pts per week. So they called it chemical and had me stop meds.

After nothing happening (should've had a period) I went in for an U/S and found one blighted ovum with a possible smaller one that has started to... disintegrate?

After my body refusing to return to normal (haven't had a period since) they set me on a full month of bcp and I should be starting Meds the end of December for a January transfer. We're thinking the 25th.

Hoping you'll let me join you all and hoping you and my Intended Parents get a sticky baby :) (or two)

I hope I can join this thread. I'm doing an IVF cycle in Jan, but it isn't FET since this will be my first cycle. Second if you count the last one that was converted to IUI the day before my scheduled ER. Nervous this wont be successful after the last one, but I'm on a different protocol and hopefully that will help things.

Welcome phantom and mells, good to have more ladies in this thread to join us in our journey for our :bfp: in 2013!

Phantom sorry to hear about previous cycle. Fx'd for you and intended parents on the next one. :hugs:

Mells sorry to hear about your iui, if you dont mind me asking why did you have to do iui instead of ivf?

Boofle and mbrink, think in this whole process you try to stay positive but want to be realistic at the same time, but thats what these threads are for to vent and ask questions and get hope from other peoples successful ivf processes :hugs:

Em, hope your appt went well :hugs: xxx

Hey em mine were frozen at day 6 too. My last fet was done using a day 6 and it worked although it ended in m/c but both the consultant and I both think this was because of my lining being too thick :( my next transfer will be done with a day 6 too :) so don't worry if they're a day older they're a day stronger :)
What is the surgery you're having hun? Sorry if you've already posted this but I'm updating on my phone and it takes ages to scroll back through earlier posts!!
Hugs to everyone else :)

Thanks Boofle! It's so good to hear that day 6 freezing is done a lot. That totally makes sense that they are even stronger by then. My surgery is to remove two ovarian cysts.

Phantom - welcome!

Mells - good to see you over here :)

MBrink - I was the same way going through it the first time, not very optimistic and really guarding my heart. But the odds your Dr. gave you sound really good :thumbup:

AFM - I got a call from the Embryologist that 4 of our embryos were frozen this morning yayy!! :happydance: And there are 3 more that they think might be ready later today or tomorrow morning! I'm really happy :). My surgery is scheduled for January 9th. I was hoping to do it sooner but my Oncologist wants my ovary to go back down in size and and residual cysts from the stims to disappear before she operates.

Em, great news about your embies, fx'd for the other 3. It's not as early as you wanted for your op but at least you have a date and can now focus on that and start to plan things. How long do you have to edit after your op to do FET? Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->