Anyone doing FET/IVF in Jan 2013 till everyone's BFP (Everyone Welcome)

Haleiwamama - I didn't stop breastfeeding to do my FET. My daughter was 18 months when I did my cycle but I wasn't willing to wean her because she was still so dependent on breastfeeding at that time. My RE said he has many patients that do FETs and full stim cycles while breastfeeding and it's fine. The drug molecules are either too big to pass into breastmilk or they are broken down by the baby's digestive system if they do pass. And some, like progesterone and estrogen, are naturally occurring hormones in the mother anyway so they don't pose a risk to the baby.

I found this blog with great resources on the topic: https://babydustdiaries.wordpress.c...ing-through-fertility-treatments-ivf-and-fet/

Haleiwamama - I didn't stop breastfeeding to do my FET. My daughter was 18 months when I did my cycle but I wasn't willing to wean her because she was still so dependent on breastfeeding at that time. My RE said he has many patients that do FETs and full stim cycles while breastfeeding and it's fine. The drug molecules are either too big to pass into breastmilk or they are broken down by the baby's digestive system if they do pass. And some, like progesterone and estrogen, are naturally occurring hormones in the mother anyway so they don't pose a risk to the baby.

I found this blog with great resources on the topic: https://babydustdiaries.wordpress.c...ing-through-fertility-treatments-ivf-and-fet/

Thank you so much for replying! What was your protocol like? Did it include medrol, dexamethasone or doxyciclyne? Did you RE say you were decreasing your chances of success? Did you do anything to make sure the milk wouldn't dry out? Do you remember what your prolactin level was at the time? Mine is 24 right now, which is the highest number in the normal range, but I'm not sure..

Só many questions! So sorry lol Wish I could come see your RE!

Levels went to 1902 in 2 days so re is happy with that. Ultrasound scheduled Jan 14th. I'm super nervous still and something seems off still.

Levels went to 1902 in 2 days so re is happy with that. Ultrasound scheduled Jan 14th. I'm super nervous still and something seems off still.

Thats great news!! Congrats! What a great way to start the new year!

Mo - that's great news!! It's normal to feel cautious at this point but it seems like everything is headed in the right direction. Keeping fx for you.

I am so happy for you Mobaby! Wonderful news. Don't worry about that feeling, I think us LTTTCers tend to have that feeling regardless. I have had since I got pregnant also. It is only now that it is sinking in that it worked.

Mo glad to hear the last beta was good! I had beta worries myself, prob why my office avoids telling you but I always make them. It's so hard not to worry after all you've been through but just keep thinking good thoughts! I know it's going to be tough waiting for ultrasound.

Mobaby, hope everything goes well with your ultrasound tomorrow!!

Mo - how's everything going? U/s tomorrow, how exciting!

How is everyone else doing? It has been pretty quiet in here.

I had my therapeutic biopsy this morning ... ouch! I had one before but for some reason this one hurt way more. I'm home and doing fine now. I start my meds on the 16th. So ... 3 days! Woot. I cannot wait to get some estrogen in my system so these hot flashes can go away. At least now I know what to expect when menopause hits. First u/s scheduled for the 22nd of January and before I know it I'll be flying to CO to have these babies put where they belong. :happydance:

Pregnancy test will be on February 14th which I feel two ways about. Happy because it's really not that far off and sad because if we have bad news this valentines day will suck.

Ultrasound tomorrow. I know things could be good but trying to prepare for the worst Just in case. Il update after; it's at 130 est. I'm super nervous about it. If the stupid second beta wasn't funky then I'd feel much more confident.

Us went well!! One baby measuring correctly at 7w1d with hr 141!! Amazed :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 6
Yay Mo!!!! This is such wonderful news especially since you didn't even expect this cycle to work! Everything crossed this little one stays snuggled in and keeps on going!

I sure hope so!! I'm ready for our family to be complete and get infertility behind us. I'm not sure I know how to live without infertility clinics etc but I'm ready to start living like we did before any of this mess. I'm praying so hard he/she stays put.

Scan went well!! I'm 9w1d. Hr 170. Baby measured 9w but s/he kept curling up a little so measurements are good. Released to my ob! Called today for appt but have to wait for nurse to schedule since I'm a transfer from the fertility clinic.

Congratulations, Mo!! That is such a great milestone to be released from the RE to the OB!

Baby is here a bit early!! Had him today. c section was great. Exactly 36 weeks today. Weight 6 lb 14 oz. length 20 inches! He had to go to nicu b/c couldn't keep oxygen up so he's on bubble cpap. His lower lungs weren't opening well and he had some fluid so they need to watch him. His glucose is low so he got an iv and Tpn for nutrition. Also has a gastric tube for suction out stomach. They did use it to give him some of my colostrum! Hoping my body recognizes soon baby is out and to make milk!! He may be a weak water for a bit. The lactation consultant has advised me to pump heavy this next month even if he is bfing.

Oh wow guess that was a little bit of a surprise! Congratulations!!! Hopefully he has a brief NICU stay and can go home as quickly as possible. Rest up momma!! Life with two is about to begin. Crazy and fun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->