• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Anyone doing FET/IVF in Jan 2013 till everyone's BFP (Everyone Welcome)

Mo that is awesome!!!! I am so happy to hear that.. Sounds like you had a really good response. Will you be doing ICSI?

Ash - hey ash, how are you doing?

Yes. We have to do icsi. We are doing genetic testing too so it's a requirement. There weren't enough to try and let natural fertilization occur. I think it has to be at least 5 million or something like that.

Mo - congrats on 21! Can't wait to hear the fert report. I'm doing ok thank for asking.

I received really bad news today and I'm struggling to comprehend. 21eggs retrieved. Monday 19 follicles appropriate size. But initially 4 were mature and they were able to mature 8 more. Out of the 12 mature 3 of the initial 4 fertilized and 3 out of the 8 for a grand total of 6. This is the worst outcome ever. I have never ever had this happen from all the other 4 cycles. The embryologist said it was a stimulation issue.

This is a new clinic for me. They messed something up big time.
We were hoping to have 4-6 to do genetic testing but it's not looking the case.
I'm preparing for a fresh transfer just in case. If we have 3 good blasts we will do genetic testing.
1-2 blasts we won't and we will freeze.
If we have blasts but embryologist won't freeze we will transfer which in my case isn't likely to work since it never has. (2 mc, 1 Chem, 1 bfn from fresh)

I went ahead and ordered meds for the next cycle since I paid for 2 and since my insurance covers them until end of year. I'm planning another cycle already because I feel like I can predict the outcome after so many cycles. I know it will be a different protocol but I got the major meds. He may do antagonist so I'll probably need lupron and cetrotide as well.
Monday we find out for sure. Depending on those results depends on fresh vs frozen and genetic testing vs not.
My entire reason for a new cycle was to do genetic testing. I feel like I've wasted money again :(

Mo - I'm so sorry you're disappointed and the cycle didn't go as planned. It sucks ... I now exactly where you're at right now. It really is the worst feeling when you go through the process and get a lot of eggs but not many fertilize. I'm hoping for the best for you and that you're able to do genetic testing and not go through another cycle. Again, I'm so sorry. When things don't go as planned for me during my cycles (now 5 for 5) I pamper myself mentally and physically the next day and sometimes that helps. Take good care of yourself!

Thanks ash! This hasn't happened before.. And I just cycled in January where I had a bunch mature. I think my stims were too high this time (I had an extra 150 units) which caused too rapid growth. I only stimmed for 8.5 days worth of gonal f/menopur vs my normal which is around 11. So next cycle if we need it i am sure he will go with what he wants vs what has worked in the past. I guess after so many I was bound to have a poor outcome at some time. Day 3 report tomorrow and I'm dreading it. I'm sure all the embryos will be gone or something else bad :(

Mo - That does seem like a high dose of meds but each person is different so it's hard to know what's right and wrong. Given your history though I think with the lower dose of meds you will do much better. As far as the day 3 report, there is nothing you do at this point (I don't mean this in a bad way) so my best advice for you is to just put it in the hands of someone else. Given my history I HAD to do that. Especially with this most recent cycle. It's important to understand that you did everything you could and the outcome is completely out of your hands at this point. I'm going to remain positive for you even if you can't at this time. Please update us tomorrow when you know!

PS ... I'm worried about TTC. Her u/s was today and we haven't heard anything. I hope everything is okay!

Yeah in previous cycles I took gonal f 300 u for 5 days alone then added menopur 150 and cut down gonal f to 150-225 depending on dose. Took those for 11 days total. I started on gonal f 300 and menopur 150 the entire time and it compromised my poor eggs :( my estrogen after a few days was almost 500 and we didn't change anything. It leveled out and was almost 3000 at trigger w/19 mature appearing follicles.

Me too!! I hope all was okay :( ttc hoping all is okay!!

Mo- that's craps Hun. I'm sorry. I do hope if you have to do another cycle that you speak to the dr about your protocol. I am so sorry. At least there is still hope with this current cycle but you are right to prepare for another cycle just in case.

Thanks for the concern ladies. My us went good we have a heartbeat.

I'm praying for you Mo that you get enough to do some genetic testing.

Ash how are you managing with the lupron?

ttc - I'm so happy to hear that you heard a heartbeat! that is amazing news :happydance: I'm doing pretty good considering. I am having a lot of hot flashes but it's nothing that is so unbearable. My honey and I also escaped to lake Tahoe for this snow storm we just got so we're enjoying our time here and just looking forward to out transfer in February.

We got the "official" chances of success which was interesting. 65% change of success if we transfer 1 with a 2% change of twins. If we transfer two we have a 85% chance of success with a 50% chance of twins and 2% chance of triplets. Given this information we are going to transfer two. We are very excited :D

Ash how did you get a chances of success number? That's interesting!! Exciting too.

Hello! I'm trying to patiently wait for January so we can begin our FET. I had my retrieval two weeks ago and we had to do a freeze all due to my pcos. Looking to join you guys to maybe pass the time! A little about us, we have been ttc for coming up on 6 years. DHs count averages around 3 million 33%motility. His last couple of samples have been around 100,000. But we did ICSI so he had plenty of swimmers! I was never diagnosed with pcos until we switched doctors. Our last clinic did 3 iuis. I'm assuming they were so sure it was a sperm count issue that they didn't think they needed to check me as well. For retrieval I had 40 follies, 18 retrieved, 13 mature, and 11 fertilized. They all had made it to day 3, with 8 of them looking really good, and then on day 5 they froze 7. So we have 7 little frosties waiting on us!

Mo - my doctor and embryologist got together and figured out based on the quality of my embryos and that they are normal embryos (from CCS testing) that those would be my odds. Also based on my history.

Froggy - welcome to the group! Best of luck with your upcoming FET.

so I had to transfer today. Let me say it's been a whirlwind!! I didn't expect to be going in but I did.

3 embryos were still going. One was a blast and 2 were morulas. The embryologist was afraid to let them grow until tomorrow so she said to come in.
By the time of transfer we had a nicely hatching blasts. One other compacting blast and a morula that was still growing.
So I'm Pupo with 3 right now with hopes of a bfp.
If not then back to the drawing board.
He is blaming the outcome on my ovaries. Which I don't buy since I never had this issue before. But if this doesn't work we will talk more about it. I'm resting now with so much I had to do tonight and tomorrow but looks like change of plans.

Mo - congrats on being PUPO! Hatching blast sounds great and 3 still growing out of 6 I think is still pretty good. 50%.

My 1st time posting to any of these forums, although I have read for several years of my IVF/FET journey. I am so blessed to have conceived a beautiful baby girl 15 months ago from an IVF cycle after a failed fresh (actual BFP but early miscarriage) and failed FET (BFN). I just transferred my last frozen embryo on the 3rd and got the dreaded news today. I do have additional eggs frozen from my last fresh cycle, but DH will have to have another surgery to retrieve addl sperm. We are making our next appointment and trying again. Just trying to vent, as you all understand the roller coaster this infertility journey is. I have great fam and friends, but none can truly understand.

Good luck to those of you getting ready for your next cycles, and to those of you prego, have a happy and healthy term!

Thanks for letting me share, hopefully some of us will be on our FET cycle together.

Froggy - Welcome hun!

Mobaby - Congrats on being PUPO!!! I know what you are not feeling very positive but you've got a shot hun and I will hold out hope for you!

KLW - fxed for you hun! This is hard road we are all on!

Ash - Hi hun! How was lake Tahoe? Is that where you went? I feel like I need a vacation LOL

ttc - tahoe was great! Such a nice little vacation. It was a total winter wonderland which was amazing.

I did my second depot lupron injection this morning. I start the meds to prep for the FET on Jan 16th! I'm pretty excited to get started for real but I need to make it through these next couple of weeks. I've been having really bad hot flashes mostly at night which sucks because it interrupts my sleep but I'm not working right now so I'm able to catch up on sleep in the day time if needed.

The 16th is right around the corner. I will be watching you closely ash! I do believe this is it for you ��

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"