Anyone due around May 4th?

Littlemamana how much smaller were u measuring? i was 22cm at 23+5 and i have also been worrying non stop! Im thinking of asking for a growth scan :/

I was only 20.5 cm and should have been around 24 cm. I honestly think there was an error because the doctor that called me after that appointment said that it was highly unlikely that this was really the case because he was perfect at the 20 week ultrasound and my placenta and fluids and everything were great. Also, he kicks up a storm in there and seems to be getting stronger and bigger everyday! I also POPPED this week so maybe he was just due for a growth spurt. I won't lie, I am still very concerned that it could be right and something is wrong but my instincts are telling me that he is just fine.

Does anyone else have the problem when people ask how far gone you are and you say, '24 weeks'... their response is: 'So how many months is that?'...

I have absolutely no idea how to answer it as there are not exactly 4 weeks in a month - arghhhhh!! I just look at them vacant and they think I am weird for not knowing how many months pregnant I am!! :haha:

Yes! I have this problem. I told someone last week that I'm six months pregnant, and my husband was like "well... technically you're not because there aren't four weeks in a month" which confused me to no end. So now I have no idea how many months pregnant I am, but since people don't tend to understand weeks, I am sticking with six months (because five seems wrong too).

Does anyone else have the problem when people ask how far gone you are and you say, '24 weeks'... their response is: 'So how many months is that?'...

I have absolutely no idea how to answer it as there are not exactly 4 weeks in a month - arghhhhh!! I just look at them vacant and they think I am weird for not knowing how many months pregnant I am!! :haha:

Yes! I have this problem. I told someone last week that I'm six months pregnant, and my husband was like "well... technically you're not because there aren't four weeks in a month" which confused me to no end. So now I have no idea how many months pregnant I am, but since people don't tend to understand weeks, I am sticking with six months (because five seems wrong too).

Indeed - because if you count 4 weeks to one month, you would actually be pregnant for 10 months :wacko:

Yeah I was thinking that the other day- 10 months haha!

So does anyone know when six months officially starts?

We're in a very similar situation! I also am due on the 3rd of May but am at very high risk of pre-e. I'm terrified I will have to deliver far earlier than 38 or 39 weeks... my blood pressure has been so high already (I've been put on a medication, methyldopa, because I've had some scary-high readings). Hope our babies keep baking away for as long as possible!
I've been on labetalol and asprin for my blood pressure since I was 12 weeks pregnant, and so far it's stayed fairly constant since then luckily.

I'm scared I'll have to give birth really early too - I was born 6 weeks early because my mum's blood pressure was so high they had to induce her. So family history plus my long term history of occasional high bp (seems to be hormone related), plus high blood pressure as soon as I got pregnant, means the doctors are all keeping a close eye on me. I just hope I can hold on as long as possible and get this baby a bit bigger and stronger!

Fingers crossed all goes well for you too!

Littlemamana, that is how i felt when she measured it! I also remember the OB at my last app measured higher above my belly button so as soon as the MW measured me i thought "what the?" Im still very tempted to go to my gp and ask for a growth scan because i think its the only way i will be satisfied, im now not looking forward to my next mw app but i want it to hurry up at the same time!

this may help:

https://www.baby2see.com/pregnancylength.html

https://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z236/justjack619/Picture3.png

Hi ladies :) so I had a scan yesterday, and the baby is healthy and happy :happydance:

Then we found out we are having a little girl! Weeeeeeeeee we are both so excited, my OH isn't one to show his emotions but I've never seen him this happy in a long time, even had a year in his eye hehe :')

this may help:

https://www.baby2see.com/pregnancylength.html

https://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z236/justjack619/Picture3.png

That is so helpful! So majority of us are in our 6th month? Yippee ^_^

Have any of you started on the nursery yet? I haven't bought A SINGLE THING (literally - no clothes, furniture, toys, NOTHING) for this baby and all of a sudden I am freaking out about it.

Our future nursery is currently an office/craft space that is filled to the brim with crap from my jewelry business and the thought of how much work it's going to take to clear it out makes me shudder.
I'm exactly the same! I haven't bought anything at all, and I need to clear out our office/laundry room, and turn it into the spare room, and clear out the junk filled spare room and turn it into a nursery, aargh! I really need to make a start soon, and not keep closing the doors to both rooms to hide the mess so I can live in denial!

Hey everyone, I'm due May 3rd - first baby!

I'm actually hoping baby arrives at the end of April to space out my birthday calendar a little better, but hubby wants a Star Wars baby (so glad he's not the only one out there who thinks of May 4th in that way...)

Had really bad morning sickness until my 21st week, then Christmas happened, so I feel like I've only been aware of being pregnant these past 4 weeks! Got a pram sorted, but nothing else, not been to any ante-natal classes, trying not to panic! There just doesn't seem to be enough time left to get it all sorted :)

I'm actually hoping baby arrives at the end of April to space out my birthday calendar a little better, but hubby wants a Star Wars baby (so glad he's not the only one out there who thinks of May 4th in that way...)

:rofl: men eh!! They are all the same!!!!! :haha:

Have any of you started on the nursery yet? I haven't bought A SINGLE THING (literally - no clothes, furniture, toys, NOTHING) for this baby and all of a sudden I am freaking out about it.

Our future nursery is currently an office/craft space that is filled to the brim with crap from my jewelry business and the thought of how much work it's going to take to clear it out makes me shudder.
I'm exactly the same! I haven't bought anything at all, and I need to clear out our office/laundry room, and turn it into the spare room, and clear out the junk filled spare room and turn it into a nursery, aargh! I really need to make a start soon, and not keep closing the doors to both rooms to hide the mess so I can live in denial!

I am right there with you! We have a spare room right now which will become the nursery (well that's the plan, we need to make sure our landlord isn't going to hike the rent up or anything, as lease is up in March but we want to renew). The problem is, it really has become out junk/laundry room since we moved in. We're struggling for storage atm, so wondering how we're going to manage to turn it into a nursery!! we have done NOTHING. am dying to get started, but same as, I hang the clothes up in there (we have pigeons on our balcony that poo on clothes hung out there!) and I shut the door and walk away so I can't see the mess!!! EEK!

Hey everyone, I'm due May 3rd - first baby!

Had really bad morning sickness until my 21st week, then Christmas happened, so I feel like I've only been aware of being pregnant these past 4 weeks! Got a pram sorted, but nothing else, not been to any ante-natal classes, trying not to panic! There just doesn't seem to be enough time left to get it all sorted :)

Also glad mine's not the only one who thinks like this haha!

Well I made some progress! This past weekend I ordered a crib, dresser and bookcase for the nursery. Now I just need to clean that room out in the next 4-6 weeks before it gets delivered...

99 days? Is that all? Eep!

Went shopping to Ikea yesterday with my Mum and came back with a cot and mattress - aren't parents great? Also discovered Ikea Family reduction of £20 on the cot of our choice, which was a nice surprise, and spent a really long time choosing which mattress to get. Madness. Just need to try and clear a space in the spare room now....

Only one more week in second tri! EEeeeeeee!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->