Anyone due around Sep 1st 2012 and looking for bump buddy?

Welcome all :) I'm not even feeling pg now ladies.....had a really hectic day so hope I'm just exhausted. X

Hi girls,
how are you feeling? How's the nausea coming along? I actually have 2 pregnant friends - one at 33 wks, and one at 35 wks with twins. The one with twins had pretty much no morning sickness, and the other one only a very little when travelling at times.
I know plenty of other women without morning sickness who have had healthy babies.
That said I do realise that it is strangely reassuring to have it. I'm 6+1 today, and very sick. Have only puked once so far, but I never actually throw up much, just constant sickness.
I did my last cb digital yesterday,and it still says 3+, but I guess that doesn't say much at the 6 wks mark,but I thought I might as well use it anyway.
My main worry right now is that we have 3 cats in the house, -1 being a stray kitten we just found who is very fond of the litter box. The house stinks and I'm afraid of catching toxoplasmosis, as the cat litter spills out of the box in the utility room floor. I'll just need to keep washing my hands and make sure I don't touch the litter I guess.
How strict are you girls being with food? You know the way you're not supposed to eat unpasturised products, smoked salmon, salami etc? My hubby made me a salad the other day, and I was insisting he washed the lettuce etc really well in case of listeriosis. Am I the only one who is this extreme with their diet?
Hope you're all having a nice weekend!

don't worry about the cats too much. I think there's a toxoplasmosis test you can do to see if you've had it (you can only get it once I think), but I'm not sure if you should have had that done before you got pregnant. I read up on this a long while ago and forgot half of this, so don't expect anything I say to be actually true...ask your doctor about it! :)

anyway, don't worry about the cats, just maybe wash your hands a bit more often than usual and make your SO change the litter (also maybe change it a bit more frequently than normal?)

I got a rubber mat you usually put in your car to keep the floor easy to clean...it's got a kind of honeycomb structure, so all spilled litter gets caught in it. You (your SO) can then either hoover the mat every day or just shake it out somewhere outside. Made cleaning up after the cats sooo much easier. :)

I'm going to start being funny about food tomorrow. I only found out about the baby yesterday and really fancied chinese, but I promise I'll be eating healthy from now on ;)

We haves cat too (my name's a giveaway...) my OH is insisting on cat litter duty! The advice is to use rubber gloves if you have to clean it yourself. But I read somewhere that most people with cats will have picked up tox at some point so are immune.

Thanks Fairyland and tinytabby. That's a great idea about the mat. I'll go out and get one once I get paid. I just hate seeing it on the floor and having a 15 month old running around who might eat it, is worrying too.
I thought that I might be immune too, but I got my first cat at 19, which is several years ago, but a friend of mine who grew up on a farm, and literally had her cats sleeping with her, got tested and foundn she was not immune. Maybe it's not as common for cats to have it anyway as I thought.
I must ask my GP about getting tested. I mentioned it to a vet before (who was pregnant) and she said you literally have to eat the poo to run a risk of catching it.
Either way I wont go near the litter tray,and I am washing my hands immediately after petting them, just to be sure.
Oh I had a Chinese and a McDonalds ( with milk and not coke!) already. That's the worst about pregnancy - once you finally decide on what it is you want to eat, you just HAVE to have it RIGHT NOW - healthy food or not :winkwink:

Hi annieb82, I had cats my whole life and i'm not immune to it. As you said, it's not that easy to get it but it's better to be safe and wear those plastic gloves!

I'm definitely paying more attention to what i eat. I have a rather healthy diet to begin with so it's not a big issue for me. I put on weight very easily (i'm hypothyroid) so i have to keep a close eye on my eating habits and weight gain during pregnancy. The things i pay extra attention to are to eat only pasteurised dairy products, make sure meat is cooked through and wash all veggies and salad with cold water and a tiny bit of vinegar (even pre-washed ones). A salad spinner will basically be my best friend for the next 8 months :)

As for the morning sickness, thanks for the examples of your two friends. I still don't feel it but I decided to consider myself lucky rather than be stressed out about it. I have to say having a forum like this really helps calm the nerves. Thanks again!

Does anyone know of anything I can do for a horrible migraine?? I've been prone to them my whole life and now that I'm pregnant (almost 6 weeks) I can't take any meds. Yesterday, it was so bad all day AND night, I couldn't eat anything but crackers. Used an ice pack on my head & neck but it was still BAD. Hubby rubbed my back and head until somehow I fell asleep, but every toss/turn @ night, I could feel the migraine trying to come out more. Someone, PLEASE HELP!

Does anyone know of anything I can do for a horrible migraine?? I've been prone to them my whole life and now that I'm pregnant (almost 6 weeks) I can't take any meds. Yesterday, it was so bad all day AND night, I couldn't eat anything but crackers. Used an ice pack on my head & neck but it was still BAD. Hubby rubbed my back and head until somehow I fell asleep, but every toss/turn @ night, I could feel the migraine trying to come out more. Someone, PLEASE HELP!

I know it's gonna sound weird but try chewing mint gum or brushing your teeth with minty tooth paste. You can also try some lavender oil... You can smell it or better mix it with a carrier oil and apply directly to your temples, forehead, shoulders and neck. Hope it helps!

Hi everyone!
I hope it's not too late to join. I'm due Sept 6th. My "all day" morning sickness kicked in this past weekend and now I'm cycling between either feeling STARVING or Nauseous :wacko:

I'm really trying to make an effort to eat better with this pregnancy as last time I gained 50 lbs :blush:
Apparently this time around I'm craving really sour things. DH said I must be preggo for sure because I started putting pickles on my pizza and dumping gallons of lemon juice on EVERYTHING!!!

Anybody else craving anything weird??

Hey everyone, so I have my first Ultrasound next Friday the 13th (ugh an unlucky day but my mom always says it's a lucky day so hoping that's true!!) But anyway the only symptoms I've had so far is fatigue, sore boobs, and that's pretty much it. Today though I had a very small amount of blood on the toilet paper. It was only once when I wiped and it was such a small amount that I probably wouldn't have seen it if I didn't examine every inch of the toilet paper every time...:/ But either way it's making me worry. My doc is wanting to start me on progesterone, but I'm waiting for my insurance to approve it..SO FRUSTRATING.. Anyway, I'm trying not to worry but it's impossible. Just trying to be patient and wait untill my appt Next Friday. Hoping everything goes good. I'll only be 6weeks 2 days at this appt but the doc thinks we should see a heartbeat. I really hope so!! :)

Hey jgirl7, I have my first ultra sound Friday 13th as well! I hesitated a little when the nurse offered up that date, but then I remembered I don't believe in Friday 13th :winkwink:

Hi Bessadoo, congratulations! Lemon juice on everything sounds mad - you must need the vitamins! My cravings are usually fleeting, so just when I try to identify the taste I want - it's gone. Today I managed to realise I wanted spinach. Must have some for dinner tomorrow!
That all day morning sickenss is really getting to me, and it's only my first proper week of it. I was sick again this morning. I think I might lay off the OJ for a while!
London1, I'm actually the opposite - I've always been on the skinny side, and don't gain wait despite eating junk. Granted my meal portion sizes aren't huge, but I thought I could get away with my bad eating habits. On my last pregnancy I had GD ( Gestational Diabetes), although I was still in my 20s and had no extra weight on me other than baby weight. My mam said it was probably because I never watched what I ate.
Now I'm off chocolate anyway, but once the sickenss lifts off, I will really need to watch what I eat, in case I get it again. Has anyone else had GD? I think I had it on my first as well, but was not diagnosed,which was then the cause of my eventual c-section.
Well at least I know now, and I didn't have all the complications ( high blood pressure, large baby, too much fluid) on my 2nd child as I watched my diet once diagnosed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->