Anyone due early june

Louisa - Yes, it is nice to find people at same stage! And I did find out the gender, which was really cool... but since this is #2, I can relate to things being not as exciting... no shower for me to look forward to this time! Are you having one?? I am starting to get more excited... but not anxious yet by any means.

I have spent a lot of time working on planning my nursery!! But yeah not finished... and don't have as much time to actually work on the nursery as with #1, so gets relegated to after work, after toddler goes to bed... and I'm often too tired then! Although, I do feel like I have more energy lately, depending on the day! Last night, I went straight home and start working on putting up a wall decal that came in the mail... many parts and pieces! And then had to get dd... so worked on it some more after she went to bed. Almost done!! It's a tree scene and takes up a whole wall. Love it! From Etsy... that site is so addicting!

I've had more going on this month which has helped... 2 yr old had photos taken, her bday party this wknd, her actual bday and Easter next wknd. It's April/May that will really drag for me, I am guessing!!

Sadly we won't be doing a nursery. :( we're renting and are moving out of our house about a month after LO comes, so really no sense in doing up a room for her. We've got a little side sleeper for her and will have to get a dresser at least to store diapers/clothes in. But that's about all were doing. Makes me a bit sad but over all, im relieved we don't have to worry about it right now.

Hi Libbyam2003, I'm not going to have a shower - mine and OH's families like to wait until the baby is born and bring gifts when they first come to see baby, I think it makes a little sense seing as they then know the size of baby to buy clothes and things, plus in our case they'll know the sex, so baby won't be dressed in only cream and yellow until its 3months old!

The tree scene sounds lovely, I've gone for yellow walls with teddy bears and stars.

I can only imagine what it must be like trying to juggle a toddler, pregnancy aches and decorating a nursery - starting to feel as though this baby will be my equivalent of a full gym membership when it becomes a toddler! I've been lucky that OH had completely banished me from the room until the heavy work had been done (we're currently in the process of doing up our house) and I just get to play with the artsy stuff:happydance:

I'm lucky that I have a trip booked at the end of April to go and see family, so that should break things up a bit - I will have to try and think of little things to keep me motivated!

Itsme122 I wouldn't feel upset at not having a designated baby room just yet, baby will stay with us for the first few weeks at least, its just that we've tried to get it done and out of the way, but I can see the advantages of waiting a while. Good luck with moving - you're a lot braver than me! Have you got people to help?

How is everyone getting on?

Hi ladies :flower:

I had a scare yesterday. Woke up to dark/brown spotting, called the dr and was assured as long as it didn't increase, turn red, or be accompanied by contractions I was ok. I got to work, went to the bathroom and passed a 1"x2" clot. I freaked out, called the dr again and they had me come in for an ultrasound, non-stress test, and internal exam. They said if I was contracting that they'd send me to the hospital:shock:

Thankfully everything came out normal, except my cervix is very soft, which it shouldn't be this early (wondering if the D&E I had done last May has anything to do with it). Now I'm just told to take it easy, but having a scare like yesterday's was so draining and also put into perspective that anytime really, this little girl may decide to show up.

Hi ladies :flower:

I had a scare yesterday. Woke up to dark/brown spotting, called the dr and was assured as long as it didn't increase, turn red, or be accompanied by contractions I was ok. I got to work, went to the bathroom and passed a 1"x2" clot. I freaked out, called the dr again and they had me come in for an ultrasound, non-stress test, and internal exam. They said if I was contracting that they'd send me to the hospital:shock:

Thankfully everything came out normal, except my cervix is very soft, which it shouldn't be this early (wondering if the D&E I had done last May has anything to do with it). Now I'm just told to take it easy, but having a scare like yesterday's was so draining and also put into perspective that anytime really, this little girl may decide to show up.

Hey fellow bump buddy! That is scary!!! Please take it easy....that little baby though would be ok even though we want her to cook a little longer. Thinking of you! :hugs:

Louisa - Toddler can makes pregnancy harder, but oh helps things move faster!! She is so fun at this age! Just turned 2 and loving it WAY MORE than her infant stage! They just get cuter and more fun! Oh and good that you have a trip in April... I need to do something like that to break the month up somehow!!

Biotechick - Just posted in your journal... hoping someone else will say something about the soft cervix... did you post to other threads like main third tri threads? I'd be curious what others have learned about it.

hey, Tag!! How are you getting along? Thanks for your kind words :hugs:. All seems to be quiet now (well, except for Vivi's ever shifting, poking, and fidgiting:haha:). I told her to stay put and that she's not done yet! My mother in law joked awhile ago about your belly button popping during pregnancy, that when it pops, the baby's done, just like that white thing pops up on a whole chicken when it's cooked!:rofl: Mines still an inny, so we have time ;)

libby - that's a good idea, to post on other threads. I'm wondering if my "soft" cervix is from the D&E last year. I think I'll post on the Pregnant after Loss forum and ask the doc if the two are related. I'll let you know what I find out ;)

...My mother in law joked awhile ago about your belly button popping during pregnancy, that when it pops, the baby's done, just like that white thing pops up on a whole chicken when it's cooked!:rofl: Mines still an inny, so we have time ;)QUOTE]

if thats the case, my baby has been done for awhile now, ha! But I guess the belly button might pop sooner second time.. oh and also my belly expands big and fast, so think mine pops sooner ha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->