Anyone due in august?....

When you say like 15 weeks it doesnt sound so bad its less then the time we have been pregnant for...but i am anxious to meet this lo after two boys im now having a girl and just cant wait to see what she looks like lol x

I know 15w will fly in I just think it's been 5 years and now I'm so impatient :)

We have so much to do like buy a pram and all the nursery furniture plus a new washing machine. (The one we have is grand but because we use it for cleaning our dog blankets it will have hairs and I don't want new baby clothes getting covered in dog hair). I just hate I can't clean/hoover. I find cleaning so relaxing and miss it so much :-(

Yeh if you have been waiting that long 15 weeks will probably seem like for ever for you hun. Im lucky i have my other two to keep me busy so do forget half the time im pregnant lol. Do you know the sex of the twins? How exciting i love twins. Ah bless yeh i love cleaning lol x

I'm due 21st but hopefully they'll start me off earlier. It's been dragging for me but I'm hoping that from this week it will go quicker because I'll have an MW or consultant appt or scan every 2 weeks.

You're due the same day as me :D Are you having fortnightly appts because you're high risk? (sorry if that's nosy! My next isn't until 28 weeks)

No worries, I'm a nosy one too!

I'm having twins (was a very big shock!) I had a 24 week appt with the MW today and she said she'd see me in 2 weeks. I didn't expect that one.

I have scans every 4 weeks starting at 26 weeks and consultant appts every 4 weeks but they fall in between so I get seen every 2 weeks. Gives me something to focus on! I'm so impatient!

I'm due on the 7th August, but thinking due to blood pressure etc I will be having an elective section, so anytime between 37 weeks and due date, sometimes it feels like its dragging other times it goes so quick, dreading having a C-section again as my son will be nearly 2 when my girl is born and he wont understand that I cant lift him, so feel a little sad about it too!

Ah bless you yeh that will be hard not being able to pick up lo. Will you have someone around to help you out. X

My hubby will be around for a week as that's all the time he will be able to get off, but the midwife said I wont be able to lift for at least 4-6 weeks, so not sure what I'm going to do!

Im due august 5th although i'll be having a third c-section so my little guy will probably be here the end of July xx

Im due august 5th although i'll be having a third c-section so my little guy will probably be here the end of July xx

How did you cope with lifting a toddler and newborn with your second section if you don't mind me asking, its getting me really worried!

How did you cope with lifting a toddler and newborn with your second section if you don't mind me asking, its getting me really worried!

You got to do what you got to do! I find it ridiculous they tell you not to lift your toddler, as if they expect everyone has a nanny maid to do it all for you :dohh:
It doesnt hurt or anything, just means you moving your muscles down there and they literally advise you lay like a stiff board until your 6 weeks pp are up. You got to do what has to be done xx

@bellaloo12 don't know yet whether it's boys or girls. Not sure if we'll find out.
Relating to C-Sections I'll be having one for my twins. It's my first delivery so am nervous too. As far as I know in Ireland they encourage movement from the day after (or the evening if you have an early section in the morning). They don't encourage hoovering o heavy lifting but once you take it easy enough and listen to your body I'd say you'd be ok. But then again I've never had a baby so what do I know :)

@bellaloo12 don't know yet whether it's boys or girls. Not sure if we'll find out.
Relating to C-Sections I'll be having one for my twins. It's my first delivery so am nervous too. As far as I know in Ireland they encourage movement from the day after (or the evening if you have an early section in the morning). They don't encourage hoovering o heavy lifting but once you take it easy enough and listen to your body I'd say you'd be ok. But then again I've never had a baby so what do I know :)

I was told not to lift anything other than baby for 6 weeks but when you also have a toddler and a house to run its just not possible! I'll tell you something though i felt as light as a feather after both my sections! I went from being so big and huge and unable to do anything to being able to bend down and touch my toes! AMAZING!
I cant remember with emily but after having nathan (09:34am) i wanted to get up and start walking as soon as spinal wore off but i wasnt allowed out of bed until 9pm that night, felt so strange getting out of bed but it was amazing to be moving around! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->