Anyone due on April 7th?

Went into the midwife today and she said "he's not going to be a squirt" I thought she meant I didn't have much waters lol... I wish! She meant he's going to be at least 9lb. Scared is an understatement!! :wacko:

Googiepie I also had a traumatic birth the first time round. I was really hoping for this time to be a healing experience. But I guess if I do have to have the c section I'll just make the most of it.

Rwhite I wanted to be team yellow too. I was with my daughter and I loved the experience! But this little guy had other ideas and displayed all at my anatomy scan so any idiot could see he was a boy! Funny cos he's kept his legs firmly crossed ever since!

Leo_Mumma I'm also apparently in for a big baby! And long legs - they are measuring just over a week ahead of everything else!

I'm so tired of this period pain cramping! It's getting especially bad at night.
In exciting news, I finally finish work today! Yay, I can't wait! And my parents arrive next week Thursday. I'm beyond excited to see them!

Team yellow :) Getting so impatient to find out now!!

I was going to try to be team yellow this time but I'm too impatient!! Lol

I'm only team yellow as it had it's legs crossed :haha: I did go for a growth scan yesterday and as much as I am dying to know, decided it would be silly to ask so still team yellow :)

One of my duedate's is the 7th. I had the 7th, 15th/16th lol. My ticker is the 15th but my dr thinks it's probably closer to the 7th. She says she will start checking for dilation and offering a sweep on the 7th "if you're still pregnant", lol. I still think baby will be a week late like his sister :) wether that means 15/16 or 21/22 I dunno lol.

Went into the midwife today and she said "he's not going to be a squirt" I thought she meant I didn't have much waters lol... I wish! She meant he's going to be at least 9lb. Scared is an understatement!! :wacko:

Eek! Lol I know how you feel.

Team yellow :) Getting so impatient to find out now!!

I was going to try to be team yellow this time but I'm too impatient!! Lol

I'm only team yellow as it had it's legs crossed :haha: I did go for a growth scan yesterday and as much as I am dying to know, decided it would be silly to ask so still team yellow :)

That's probably the only way I would have been team yellow lol I had some extra scans so I asked every time lol I had a friend that was told she was having a boy and she got a big surprise during delivery, it was a girl!!

My hips are killing me lately. At least I slept through the night last night. Yay! I got some rasberry leaf tea so fingers crossed lol

I think I'm going to grab some raspberry leaf on Monday. Heard great things about it. Babies so low now. My OH said I'm now walking like my Nana haha

Yay for sleep, Googiepie :dance:

Leo_Mumma - Exciting that baby is so low! I can still feel mine's head. Midwife has been writing 1/5 for engagement so I figure that's the highest it can be. I guess I have gotta be grateful that at least it's head down :lol:

I am getting soooo excited/impatient for this little one now - my friend who was due on the 1st of April just had her little guy yesterday. Makes it seem all the more real, I feel such a strange mixture of jealousy and excitement that her one is here and mine's still baking lol. Terrible, I know!

I think I'm going to grab some raspberry leaf on Monday. Heard great things about it. Babies so low now. My OH said I'm now walking like my Nana haha

It's delicious lol :) I've been drinking it for a couple of days now...come on baby! Lol

Yay for sleep, Googiepie :dance:

Leo_Mumma - Exciting that baby is so low! I can still feel mine's head. Midwife has been writing 1/5 for engagement so I figure that's the highest it can be. I guess I have gotta be grateful that at least it's head down :lol:

I am getting soooo excited/impatient for this little one now - my friend who was due on the 1st of April just had her little guy yesterday. Makes it seem all the more real, I feel such a strange mixture of jealousy and excitement that her one is here and mine's still baking lol. Terrible, I know!

I know! I'm so happy. Unfortunately, it looks like it might be a long night tonight lol

I can't wait either. I'm excited to have little one here but also go back to being able to enjoy playing with my 17 month old like we used to. :)

I'm just done with being pregnant now. Due to stress and circumstances I never got to enjoy this pregnancy like I had hoped and now I just want it to be over!

Rwhite I know what you mean about the jealousy. Last pregnancy my friend was two weeks behind me but because she was having twins she had them two weeks before me. After that I thought I was going to be pregnant forever! Especially when I went overdue.

Googiepie that's great you had a good sleep. A good sleep for me now is when I only get up four times to pee!

My baby is due April 10th! Baby is head up tho so that could mean c-section. So excited for everyone!

Bump2be sounds like you're in the same position as me. How long are you waiting before making the decision about a c section? If my baby is still head up at my 39 week appointment I'm going to go in for one the next day. I've been trying to naturally turn him since 32 weeks and if he doesn't turn by then I don't believe he will. I live in China and my parents are coming out for 6 weeks to help. I'd rather have their help during recovery for as long as possible.

Baby went from being breech to head down and engaged so quickly I was really sore. He also started of contractions that lasted 2 days on and off.. I really thought it was happening but nooo. Llike you say we've got to be grateful there co-operating lol

I would be so jealous if any of my friends popped now. I had my first "oh so you haven't had him yet!?" ARE YOU JOKING!? LOOK AT ME!!

I know it sounds stupid, but I just can't wait to be able to bend over and not turn blue!

Bump2be sounds like you're in the same position as me. How long are you waiting before making the decision about a c section? If my baby is still head up at my 39 week appointment I'm going to go in for one the next day. I've been trying to naturally turn him since 32 weeks and if he doesn't turn by then I don't believe he will. I live in China and my parents are coming out for 6 weeks to help. I'd rather have their help during recovery for as long as possible.

Beanorder - my first baby was breech and I had a scheduled c-section at 38+5. This time I'm hoping for a VBAC and I'm not planning to schedule a c-section. I want the baby to have as much time as possible to turn.

Good luck with getting your baby to turn! Have you tried the Webster Technique (through a chiropractor)? That's great that your parents are coming to help. It takes about 6 weeks to recover from a c-section so having them there for that length of time will be very helpful!

I hope you get your VBAC! Originally our plan was to wait for me to go into labour and see if he turned then. But we have two issues - I live quite far from the hospital and traffic can make the trip last over two hours. The other issue is if I go into labour at night there will only be one doctor on call and they won't perform the emergency c section until my doctor can get there. My doctor also said the hospital isn't as organised as a western hospital and they wouldn't be able to get me into theatre within minutes of arriving. As he's a footling breech and no doctors are experienced at breech naturals births I feel it's just too much of a risk to wait.

Thanks Beanorder - really hoping for a vbac!
It sounds like an elective c-section makes a lot sense in your case given all the risks - esp. as the baby is footling breech which I don't think any OB will deliver vaginally. The nice thing about a scheduled c-section is that you get to set the date and plan in advance for childcare etc. When will you be 39 weeks?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->