Anyone else about to try straight after mc?

freddie

Mum of 3
Reaction score
Hello!

Can't believe I am in this forum :cry: I started my natural mc on Thursday, after being told a couple of weeks ago that it would happen. I have a scan tomorrow to check all is gone. I feel like it should be as I have bled LOADS and also (TMI) passed a large, liver-like lump yesterday, which I am presuming is whatever tissue, sac etc... that was in there?

So if all is okay, hubby and I are set to try again straight away. I have bought some OPKs to help judge fertile time as obviously I won't know what my cycle is doing! We fell pregnant first try last time so I am really hoping that maybe it could happen like that again (pretty please...)

Anyway, is there anyone else out there trying again straight after mc?

xxx

Hi Rachel, I'm so sorry for your loss:hugs:
I'm in the same boat as you... miscarried on Thursday night/Friday morning. I bled loads and I'm still bleeding and suffering some small cramps. I dont have another ultrasound until the 25th but I plan to try straight away. I have PCOS and so my fertility comes into question as I got pregnant using clomid but I'm hoping that by some miracle, I'll be able to conceive naturally this time around as I have heard that you are more fertile after mc.

Here's wishing you the very best with trying, I'll be right there alongside you xxx

Yep my nurse told me that you are more fertile for 6 months after a miscarriage, although somewhere I read it is just until your first period comes again... Either way let's hope those odds work in our favour :)

I just feel so impatient... I can't start TTC until I stop bleeding... it feels like it's been forever. Most ppl said they bled for a couple of days and that it wasn't very much. I feel like I'm bleeding more than a normal period... (even though I hardly have them)

Don't worry I'm exactly the same, have bled loads and loads and although it is lighter now it is still going. I can't wait to try again, I just want to be pregnant again :( I miss it already!

I found out my baby died last Sunday (10-9-11) I am still bleeding a little. I told my Dr that I just did not think we could wait even tho she suggested to wait 1 month. I just want to be pregnant so bad! So this month we are not preventing but kind of not really trying.

Well good luck to you both! Keep us updated :) No one has told us that we should wait a cycle but if they did I definitely would not be able to!

Are you guys going to do a HPT to check when pg hormone is out of your system? After my scan today, the nurse said that I should test in 2 weeks as that's how long it will take to get a negative... Does that mean I have to wait at least 2 more weeks before there's any chance of starting to try??? :(

Hi there ladies. So sorry for everyones losses :hugs:
I'm in a similar boat - I started bleeding/cramping really bad on the 12th and it was confirmed on the 14th we had m/c :cry: I have a scan on Thursday to make sure it's complete - then we want to start trying again right away.... I've heard the same as another poster - that you are more likely to get preggers again straight away... We will probably use OPKs to make sure I'm actually O'ing. I truly believe that's what got us preggers in the first place (Sept was the first time using them and we got our bfp that cycle!)!
Does anyone plan on or ever used progesterone cream?!

Here's hoping for the best and that we all have our sticky bfp real soon!!!
Sticky baby dust to all!! :dust:

Hello!

Can't believe I am in this forum :cry: I started my natural mc on Thursday, after being told a couple of weeks ago that it would happen. I have a scan tomorrow to check all is gone. I feel like it should be as I have bled LOADS and also (TMI) passed a large, liver-like lump yesterday, which I am presuming is whatever tissue, sac etc... that was in there?

So if all is okay, hubby and I are set to try again straight away. I have bought some OPKs to help judge fertile time as obviously I won't know what my cycle is doing! We fell pregnant first try last time so I am really hoping that maybe it could happen like that again (pretty please...)

Anyway, is there anyone else out there trying again straight after mc?

xxx

:hugs: I cant believe I am here either. I am just stopping progesterone and waiting to see if I m/c naturally or need a D&C. We will be trying right away again.

Rachel - I might take HPT to check but my next scan isn't until next Tuesday I'm hoping I'll be all clear by then. The good news is that it looks like the bleeding is about to stop.

Legs - I'm considering progesterone cream too but not quite sure when or how to use it...

Rachel - I might take HPT to check but my next scan isn't until next Tuesday I'm hoping I'll be all clear by then. The good news is that it looks like the bleeding is about to stop.

Legs - I'm considering progesterone cream too but not quite sure when or how to use it...

That is good news about the bleeding...
As for the progesterone cream I was told to get it from a health food store and follow the directions on the label. But as for when to use it apparently you can either use it right after you O to make the lining of the uterus cushier. Or if you don't want to do that every cycle you can use it starting the same day you get a positive hpt until 10 weeks or so to insure bean implants all the way.... I'm new to the idea of using it but I haven't heard that it would hurt soo.... I think I may have just convinced myself to use it next cycle lol ;)

I had originally bought progesterone cream from amazon and I ended up finding it had ginseng and a bunch of other things in it I wasnt sure of. To be safe I bought Progestelle online its only ingredients are coconut oil and progesterone usp according to the bottle and their site which I thought was safest. I started using it 3 days after I was fairly certain I O'd and I got my first BFP the first month that I tried it so that is promising considering I have tried so many other things including a 4th round of clomid. If you use it you are suppose to continue to use it if you get a BFP and speak to your doctor about it I know stopping it too soon in pregnancy can cause a m/c to start. I have also read that some women start to get AF if they are not pregnant on the progesterone and some need to stop the progesterone in order for AF to come on. My plan for the next cycle I use it is to wait until AF is four days late and if a early/sensitive test doesn't detect any HCG and AF hasn't started than stop it. It will stink to have to make the TWW a T and a half WW but better safe than sorry IMO. :hugs:

Hi Ladies...it brings tears to my eyes to think about how many of us have faced this. I miscarriage in July 2011 (naturally). Hubby and I agreed to just see what happens for the next cycle- however, I took it way more seriously and we tried extensively when I was ovulating. We did not get pregnant. That sucked as bad as the miscarriage - it seemed! However, my next ovulation, we conceived and we are now 10 wks pregnant.

My GP and the emerg Dr both said we could start trying as soon as I felt up to it. But I also knew that my HCG levels needed to go down. My GP didn't think a blood test was neccessary to determine this so I did what I thought I could not do - about 3 weeks later, I took a pregnancy test...and cried when it came back negative. I had read online that a commercial pregnancy test can detect HCG levels of 25 so I figured if I gave it a few days, I'd be good.

Also, on another note, when I went to my new OB about this pregnancy, he told me that ideally he would have liked me to wait 3 cycles before trying again for 2 reasons: 1. so that your body- cycle, hormones etc- go back to normal and 2. to ensure you are not replacing the loss of the first with the pregnancy of the 2nd. Since I knew my body had gone back to normal (see negative pregnancy test) for the most part and because I thought I had actually healed enough - or felt hope at least - I thought I was good.

I hope that helps. I found these forums so helpful when I was miscarrying and I promised myself when I felt better I would write in some to continue the cycle of support/help.

Hi Ladies...it brings tears to my eyes to think about how many of us have faced this. I miscarriage in July 2011 (naturally). Hubby and I agreed to just see what happens for the next cycle- however, I took it way more seriously and we tried extensively when I was ovulating. We did not get pregnant. That sucked as bad as the miscarriage - it seemed! However, my next ovulation, we conceived and we are now 10 wks pregnant.

My GP and the emerg Dr both said we could start trying as soon as I felt up to it. But I also knew that my HCG levels needed to go down. My GP didn't think a blood test was neccessary to determine this so I did what I thought I could not do - about 3 weeks later, I took a pregnancy test...and cried when it came back negative. I had read online that a commercial pregnancy test can detect HCG levels of 25 so I figured if I gave it a few days, I'd be good.

Also, on another note, when I went to my new OB about this pregnancy, he told me that ideally he would have liked me to wait 3 cycles before trying again for 2 reasons: 1. so that your body- cycle, hormones etc- go back to normal and 2. to ensure you are not replacing the loss of the first with the pregnancy of the 2nd. Since I knew my body had gone back to normal (see negative pregnancy test) for the most part and because I thought I had actually healed enough - or felt hope at least - I thought I was good.

I hope that helps. I found these forums so helpful when I was miscarrying and I promised myself when I felt better I would write in some to continue the cycle of support/help.

Thanks for posting. Although it's horrible to know that you went through a m/c too, it's so reassuring to hear about a successful pregnancy afterwards. Good luck with everything, hope you have a perfectly smooth 9 months x

That's good, I think my bleeding is stopping too. My scan showed that my uterus is apparently back to normal size and shape and all is clear in there, I just had to wait for one last clot to pass which was apparently at my cervix but I'm pretty sure that's passed now... (sorry if TMI). I did a hpt yesterday, I don't know why cos I knew it'd still be positive which it was... Felt weird seeing a positive and feeling sad about it :nope:

Last night I felt terrible and was crying for ages, I thought I was past that bit but I guess after the scan it sort of finalised it all. Does anyone else have up and down days? I feel totally fine with things one day and devastated again the next :(

I did a hpt last night... I guess I was just curious. The line was there but fainter than before. I think we're all gonna have up/down days. Yesterday I was so moody I had such a bad attitude and realised I was gonna end up taking it out on someone aound me I felt so bad I stayed in bed for the rest of the day. Today I don't feel so bad but started bleeding again. I had hoped it had stopped. Is it bad to want to have sex so soon? Not just because I want to try again but I just have this longing to be close in that way to OH again....

Im so sorry- its awful to go through this. I thought i had miscarried naturally as i lost lots of blood but on my scan it was all still the same as the inital scan when they told me i had miscarried. I had a surgical evac in the end. I did bleed for a about 4 days after but we have started trying again and it does feel like one way of moving on. I dont know how else to go about things. Its heartbreaking:cry:. I hope you get pg again soon. Xxx:flower:

SO your supose to take a test 2 weeks after to see if its all gone? My Dr told me nothing.............I really thought she was sweet but I really am confused about all this. I am almost at the end of my bleeding its been 2 weeks. SO I take a test and it comes back a BFN then that means things should start back to normal?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->