• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Anyone else about to try straight after mc?

rachelkt-TMI but I started tonight, a cuddle just led on.......

I know what you mean laylas, its nice to be able talk and ask those questions your not too sure about. x

Yay! We've officially started too :) although I don't think it's the right time yet but don't wanna miss it he he!

Babyforme - what is the fertility show?

Pinksmarties - good luck to you :)

Hey Ladies,

I also like to join you. I've had a missed mc. They think my baby died when I was 5 weeks but only started to get some bleeding at 9+6 weeks. Because it took so long to get a small amount of bleeding it was a joint decision between EPU, me & DH that we'd go for a D&C. I had my D&C on Friday last week and I've only had a small amount of spotting on the Sat and no other bleeding.
It took us a year to conceive and I'm dreading having to go through all that again. Both DH and I want to start TTC as soon as possible. We've not been told to do a HPT but I'm assuming that since I had the D&C and no bleeding that everything should be fairly back to normal and we can start TTC again. Anyone got any ideas? And when would be the best time to use OPK's again?

Hey Ladies,

I also like to join you. I've had a missed mc. They think my baby died when I was 5 weeks but only started to get some bleeding at 9+6 weeks. Because it took so long to get a small amount of bleeding it was a joint decision between EPU, me & DH that we'd go for a D&C. I had my D&C on Friday last week and I've only had a small amount of spotting on the Sat and no other bleeding.
It took us a year to conceive and I'm dreading having to go through all that again. Both DH and I want to start TTC as soon as possible. We've not been told to do a HPT but I'm assuming that since I had the D&C and no bleeding that everything should be fairly back to normal and we can start TTC again. Anyone got any ideas? And when would be the best time to use OPK's again?

Hi hercfreak... Sorry you've had to join us here but welcome :hugs:
I'd recommend doing an HPT as my nurse said that if it was still positive after 2 weeks I should go and see them for another scan to check that everything has gone. It will also eliminate the chance of getting a positive pregnancy test later down the line only to find out that it is just left over hormones from this time round - which would be horrible :( If you get a negative now, you will know for sure that the next positive is a real one! Hope that all makes sense?!

I've started using OPKs already although I did a HPT today and I swear I could still see an ever so slight second line although only if I really squint so I am taking it as negative and praying that I O soon... x

Hi hercfreak. I had not been told to do hpt but saw that other were to see that their hcg levels had reduced back down so I have been doing it too. Not sure how accurate the cheapies are and I think I can still see a faint line. It has only been 10 days since my ERPC and initially I kept telling myself that I would wait ttc until after my first AF but I don't think I can wait that long lol! I haven't used opk but I think you may get false + if there is still hcg in your urine. Is your hubby in the RAF? (guessing from your name and picture!!) My hubby is in RAF up here in Scotland.

Hi rachelkt. I am the same, I did hpt this morning and think I saw very faint line, depending on the light, holding the stick at an angle and how I squint my eyes!! LOL. It has only been 10 days so can't be a sure that its a negative. Finger crossed you ov soon!!

Thanks Ladies will go and get some cheapie HPT's tomorrow. We were going to wait until AF but I can't wait that long. What makes it worse is the day I started to have a small bleed I'd just been and collected my maternity uniform from clothing stores.

pinksmarties yes hubby is in RAF so am I. He's at Odiham and I'm at Halton which doesn't help with TTC as he's away during the week, although as soon as I go pos OPK he does come home that night after work! Thankfully we're only just over an hour away from each other, although I'm due to be posted in April 12 and knowing our luck I'll prob end up being back in the North east!

I just got a positive OPK!! :) Have been feeling so down all morning and that has just cheered me up :)

I'm just about to go & get some new supplies in, so will keep you updated.

I just got a positive OPK!! :) Have been feeling so down all morning and that has just cheered me up :)

That's great news! I think I had some ovulation pains this morning from my left side but don't want to get too excited about it...

The Fertility show is on next weekend (4th and 5th november) I'm guessing it will be a bit like Home Expo lol lots of stalls and professionals offering advice and services on fertility issues and for people trying to get preggers. There will also be seminars and I plan on signing up for the ones specifically aimed at those suffering from PCOS. I'm hoping to come away really informed and equipped with a better understanding of my situation and how to increase my chances of getting/staying pregnant...

Welcome hercfreak, i'm the same as you it took us 9 months ttc and very scared it will take the same amount of time. I only had a faintline on HPT at beginning of the week and have already started trying again. I know I should wait.

How long is everyone going to wait until testing? i'm thinking 6 weeks from MC if AF does not appear beforehand.

BabyForMe83 - can you share with us any info that may be of interest after the Fertility show. I think we will all hoover up any bits of advice or info that will help usl!!!!

JoLM - when you say how long are we going to wait to test do you mean hpt for actual real BFP or to start using opk's? I know the Dr's say to wait ttc but it so difficult. There are people on here with BFP after MC before what would have been their first AF that makes waiting hard. It is almost like a 'waste' of a cycle and another month lost. At 37 I already feel time running away to fast.

Of course I will! I'm def gonna take up a pen/pad and grab as many leaflets as poss. Promise to report back!

pinksmarties--don't worry, most of my friends are starting their families and are in their 40's! I live on the west coast where most people don't even think about babies til they are 35 or older! I am from the midwest and am almost 30, but my husband is 40--he worries about his age and ttc, ahh, so we all have our "worries" but I think we place too much emphasis on age.

Rachelkt--so does that mean you are ovulating 2 weeks after mc? I was just talking with DH about when we should get busy, its so hard to say. I don't use o strips, I bbt and go off o pain and cm, not ideal for this situation I guess, but I can't pee on anything right now without spinning out of control, obsessing!! I am determined to wait for AF this month as well, but I guess after mc I could be waiting awhile...goodness!

Good luck to everyone :sex::dust::dust::dust:

Laylas, I know I shouldn't be worried by my age but for some reason it is bothering me a lot, I suppose it is something I'll have to work through. There are friends of friends that are similar age to me becoming pregnant so it should give me hope but it doesn't. I am not in the right frame of mind to tackle that particular issue after my mc.

I am beginning to understand what you might mean about the stick thing. I am 11 days erpc had just had to do and ov test this afternoon just for curiosity sake (never done one before) after reading rachels post. There was faint line (-ve) and feel I could get obsessive about this. Maybe buying 25 digital sticks online tonight is an indication - oh dear :blush:

Can I join you ladies? First off, huge :hugs: to all of you for your losses.

My story: I got my first pos Sept 18, Beta#1 86 and Beta#2 129 (from what I remember), had my first u/s at 6+5 (Oct 7) with an empty sac measuring 4-5wks, second u/s 7+5 (Oct 14) measuring 4-5wks and "collapsing on itself", started spotting Oct 17 (after stopping prometrium), and m/c Oct 20. My betas on Monday (Oct24) were 87 and go in again this Monday to make sure they've hit zero. My RE said as soon as they hit zero we could start trying again right away as long as we were ready and that after my first AF we would start treatment again (moving to IUI). I did do an hpt this morning and the line was so v v faint that it looked negative at first glance, so I'm assuming that by Monday my betas will be zero. My bleeding and spotting has stopped - thank God it didn't last very long.

So, we decided when we were first told it was a blighted ovum and m/c was to be expected that we would try again right away. I posted a story in the m/c support thread about spirit babies, which I think is why I have been okay with this whole process (sad and at first devastated, but okay). Anyhow, my main concern is that I have PCOS and rarely O on my own. We had gone through 3 cycles of treatment and the first cycle we took a break from the treatment we finally got our BFP. I did, however, use soy iso to help with O. Since I'm not wanting to actually wait for AF to start, I'm trying to figure out if I should start soy now or just see if I O on my own within the next 4 weeks (if I haven't had AF in 4 weeks my RE is going to induce it with provera). My biggest reason for not wanting to wait until after my first AF is that I've read you're supposed to be super fertile right after a m/c.

pinksmarties--don't worry, most of my friends are starting their families and are in their 40's! I live on the west coast where most people don't even think about babies til they are 35 or older! I am from the midwest and am almost 30, but my husband is 40--he worries about his age and ttc, ahh, so we all have our "worries" but I think we place too much emphasis on age.

Rachelkt--so does that mean you are ovulating 2 weeks after mc? I was just talking with DH about when we should get busy, its so hard to say. I don't use o strips, I bbt and go off o pain and cm, not ideal for this situation I guess, but I can't pee on anything right now without spinning out of control, obsessing!! I am determined to wait for AF this month as well, but I guess after mc I could be waiting awhile...goodness!

Good luck to everyone :sex::dust::dust::dust:

Yep if I counted first day of m/c bleeding as day 1 of cycle then I O'd on day 16 which means it looks like my cycle has gone straight back to normal which is a good sign :)

I know what you girls mean about obsessing, I really have been obsessing over this but I feel that now I have had my neg HPT and pos OPK I can relax a bit, knowing that my body has done what it was supposed to do and gone back to normal - I was feeling a little let down by it after m/c!

Can I join you ladies? First off, huge :hugs: to all of you for your losses.

My story: I got my first pos Sept 18, Beta#1 86 and Beta#2 129 (from what I remember), had my first u/s at 6+5 (Oct 7) with an empty sac measuring 4-5wks, second u/s 7+5 (Oct 14) measuring 4-5wks and "collapsing on itself", started spotting Oct 17 (after stopping prometrium), and m/c Oct 20. My betas on Monday (Oct24) were 87 and go in again this Monday to make sure they've hit zero. My RE said as soon as they hit zero we could start trying again right away as long as we were ready and that after my first AF we would start treatment again (moving to IUI). I did do an hpt this morning and the line was so v v faint that it looked negative at first glance, so I'm assuming that by Monday my betas will be zero. My bleeding and spotting has stopped - thank God it didn't last very long.

So, we decided when we were first told it was a blighted ovum and m/c was to be expected that we would try again right away. I posted a story in the m/c support thread about spirit babies, which I think is why I have been okay with this whole process (sad and at first devastated, but okay). Anyhow, my main concern is that I have PCOS and rarely O on my own. We had gone through 3 cycles of treatment and the first cycle we took a break from the treatment we finally got our BFP. I did, however, use soy iso to help with O. Since I'm not wanting to actually wait for AF to start, I'm trying to figure out if I should start soy now or just see if I O on my own within the next 4 weeks (if I haven't had AF in 4 weeks my RE is going to induce it with provera). My biggest reason for not wanting to wait until after my first AF is that I've read you're supposed to be super fertile right after a m/c.

Sorry for your loss :hugs:
I'm afraid I can't offer any advice on your situation but hopefully someone around here can... But I too have been told that you're extra fertile straight after m/c so here's hoping that works in all of our favour x

BabyForMe83 - can you share with us any info that may be of interest after the Fertility show. I think we will all hoover up any bits of advice or info that will help usl!!!!

JoLM - when you say how long are we going to wait to test do you mean hpt for actual real BFP or to start using opk's? I know the Dr's say to wait ttc but it so difficult. There are people on here with BFP after MC before what would have been their first AF that makes waiting hard. It is almost like a 'waste' of a cycle and another month lost. At 37 I already feel time running away to fast.

Hi Pinksmarties, sorry for the confusion, I was talking about doing a pregnancy test if no AF arrives. It just i've read on other threads that it seems to take 6 weeks before AF can arrive. I've just gone ahead and started trying and not waiting for AF. My GP said it should be ok as long as I have mine BFN and got it yesterday. I'm don't use OPK as it puts hubby off so have no idea when will be a good time xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->