Anyone else DREADING firework night?

S

Serene123

My dog is affraid of fireworks and they make her bark and howl and when she barks it scares Caitlyn.. Looks like I'm going to be up all night on November 5th.. I'm dreading it already!!

I'm positively dreading it! I don't think Ally will be too bothered (he cries at sneezing but not at me dropping the laundry basket a foot from his head?!?!). I get quite scared thoguh lol. We don't live in a great area and I always worry about something accidently setting us on fire...or something coming through the letter box...

i love it, its sashas (the dog) 4th birthday and my birthday the next day.

I am dreading halloween night, my Dan is terrified of fireworks, has been from the first time he ever saw them when he was only 10 months old and now he is coming 11years and still hates them, he tries to be brave and go trick or treating but within 30 mins he is back in the house scared out of his wits, poor lil man, I dont think they will bother Dec he is so different from Dan.

Firework night?

You know,I was in London last October and there were fireworks,didn't know it was an annual thing?

I usually love bonfire night, but dreading it now with a little one... but she aint that phased by noise, but some of them sound like bombs so we will see..... we will all be on BnB comparing notes till 4 in the morning till they stop.... but they go on ages round here, not just bonfire night... weeks before and after xxx

Firework night?

You know,I was in London last October and there were fireworks,didn't know it was an annual thing?

yes sweetie it is :) it's kinda a celebration (?) of guy fawkes - when he tried to blow up the houses of parliment - its more of a remember remember kinda of things than celebration :)

i too don't really like fireworks night either toria, the cats hate it and its the anniversary of losing my cat peppy so normally we don't celebrate it

I love it! :) my dog isnt to bad, as long as we fix her a corner behind the couch (thats where she likes to be during storms too) and kyles used to her barking now anyway. I cant wait, im going to let some off beforehand, see how kyle reacts to them x

I'm dreading it because I'm scared of fireworks!!!!!! :blush:

my dog doesnt mind it :)

lat year tho, i aw this tuff in the vets u spray on a dog bed, or where ever she lays and the smell i meant to comfort and help calm. really cant remember what it called tho :-/

I love it :wohoo: take carly there and she just sat there amazed (its at a beach). I will probably get my mum to look after Ella though!

If your dog is quite bad, you're vet should be able to give him a sedative to help calm him down.

Oh great! I had forgot about fireworks night. Its going to send my dog mad. Its not just 5th Nov tho either its atleast a week either side of that. And the annoying kids setting them off.

I love it and weirdly so does my woggie .. but he's kinda odd!!!
If you pop to the vets they will give you a couple of ACP tablets for the dog ..
Explain you have a 4 month old and you cannot cope with crying baby and howling dog!
We used to get them for the yard dogs and a couple of our more 'sensitive' (read stupid/dumb/nervous) horses.

I love firework night, but hate it for my cats. One of my cats went missing 3 years ago on 4th Nov, and it was only tea time that he went out, havent seen him since - i walked the streets all hours of the day, 6 months pregnant looking for that cat, was sooo upset. Fireworks scared him off i think. And my cats now are scared even when theyre in the house. Poor things.

Remember remember the fifth of November
Gunpowder, treason and plot.
I see no reason why gunpowder, treason
Should ever be forgot...

No really, I hate it, purely because my dog has epilepsy and it really really gets to him. I love to see fireworks, and I think they are a beautiful thing, but I personally believe that they should only be used in public organised displays out of town - surely the amount of accidents would be a big enough reason for this, regardless of the fact that it frightens so many people and animals!

aww.. hope she isn't too bad, along with everyone else's LOs either.

Our 'firework night' is July 4th. Colton loved the fireworks, although he was only 4 months old. I thought he would like the colored ones and be terrified of the noisy ones. But it was the complete opposite. He didn't care for the colored ones (got bored with them) but CRACKED UP laughing at the noisy ones!! It was the cutest thing ever!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->